It flew away on its own. What happened? Flight log inc.
1526 8 2016-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
friedolays
lvl.1

[size=14.6667px]Well I purchased my second p3 prof a few days ago, did my updates and calibrations, flew it for 10 minutes and then things went absolutely haywire. I lost control of it, it started acting like it had a mind of its own. RTH feature was activated but It never returned to home, instead it just went off on its own. I even tried to take control of it in ATTI but it was absolutely a lost cause. The last visual I had on it was it blazing across the sky and out of view, flight logs showing it descending at 26mph with a forward speed of nearly 80 mph. It certainly did not crash where the last flight info was recorded however. I have searched for so long for my drone but I am ready to give up. I experienced speed errors during my flight, magnetic interference, speed errors, yaw errors and several severe battery voltage deviations (not exactly in that order). Please can anyone kindly help me evaluate this log and give me direction as where to maybe look for my drone or if I even have any case to contact DJI support over this? Below is the flight Log. THANK YOU for any input.
[size=14.6667px]

[size=14.6667px]

MY FLIGHT LOG FROM PHANTOM HELP
2016-10-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry to hear about that, would you please sync flight records through APP, then please contact our tech support at support@dji.com with the info when it happened and your DJI account username.
Our engineers will help you analyze the data.
How to Sync DJI Go Flight Records:
2016-10-17
Use props
friedolays
lvl.1

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-10-18 11:34
Sorry to hear about that, would you please sync flight records through APP, then please contact our  ...

Thank you Natalia. I am doing that right now.
2016-10-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

friedolays Posted at 2016-10-18 11:48
Thank you Natalia. I am doing that right now.

No problem.
2016-10-17
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

This is a very unusual flight.   For comparison and to confirm some of the Phantom Help entries, could you also share the flight log using Healthy Drones but make sure to select the csv and kml options when you share it and post the link back here.

At first look, it appears your battery was discharging slightly fast, suggesting you were contending with a moderate wind in the first 10 minutes.  Unless it picked up into a storm in the second half of the flight, it doesn't explain the speeds it was recording.  When you were getting the warning messages, did you switch to ATTI and leave the switch in this position, or were you changing modes back and forth?  The auto-landing looks like it was running unsuccessfully for 3 and a half minutes.  The quantity and types of errors it returned late in the flight is also curious and hard to identify a cause.
2016-10-18
Use props
dak162
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2999472 ft
  • >>>
United States

Compass errors while the aircraft is in "GO HOME" could have resulted in the aircraft "returning home" in a direction that may not necessarily be the direction of the home point. Without the compass working properly, the aircraft may not know which way is home.
2016-10-18
Use props
friedolays777
lvl.1

Natalia, can you please find out where my warranty coupon is at? You guys offered me a full replacement, I accepted, but I have yet to actually get this coupon code. Please Please Please help me.
2016-11-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

friedolays777 Posted at 2016-11-11 03:11
Natalia, can you please find out where my warranty coupon is at? You guys offered me a full replacem ...

Could you please provide your ticket or case number?
2016-11-10
Use props
friedolays777
lvl.1

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-11-11 08:09
Could you please provide your ticket or case number?

CAS-293406-Q7H0X6
2016-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules