Just my thoughts on Mavic Shipping timeframe and such
1689 1 2016-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
L95A3uSkH2ln
New

United States

So I've been reading the threads, which are becoming numerous, and I thought I'd just share my opinion of how things are going.

Yep, I'm getting upset.  It's a lot of money for me.  Other than it being a new design, I'm sure it uses much of the same technology that their other turn-key drones use, so development should be relativly simple for a billion dollar company like DJI.  They are also aware of the expected number of drones needed for the initial shipment due to being in the drone retail business.  Even if the number of preorders exceeded their expectations they should have plenty of drones to ship, especially since they said "first come first serve".

Lets say you're running the company and you set a number for your first run off the assembly line... how many is it? 1,000; 10,000; 100,000?  Even if it were only a 1000 (and for gods sake lets hope their expectations weren't that low) someone would be on this forum rubbing it in to everyone else that they got theirs.  And since no one has done that I would say they are not shipping yet (except in China- I'm sure they have thier own exclusive forum).

That "firmware update" excuse is pretty weak.  I have my doubts.  And I never heard DJI explicitly say October 15th, all I ever heard was a non-commital mid-October, which to me would be from the 8th to about the 24th.  Those are the middle two weeks, so there really is still more time for them to hit their mark.  But if there was some reason that they couldn't make their shipment target date, the least they could do is send everyone an email.  Something to the effect of "Dear Mavic Pre-order Customer,  We regret to inform you that our initial shipping date must be pushed back due to an unforeseen problem in the manufacturing process.  Please accept our appologies and we will be in contact with you when our timeline has been adjusted."   This would at least bolster our confidence in the company and even if they were lying to us I wouldn't feel like I'm just being left out in the cold wondering if I really did just get ripped off.

In conclusion, if by some chance this makes it to the eyes of someone of importance at DJI, good business sense would tell you that you should release some information directly to your customers and an email would be the best (and only) way to do that.  

Flame away

2016-10-17
Use props
Morgon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 104393 ft
United States

"Firmware" was a stupid excuse and nobody should believe it (and the reseller who started the rumor should have their Authorized Dealer status revoked)

But to respond to this part:
"And I never heard DJI explicitly say October 15th"

I can't seem to link directly to the section because of the way this forum embeds, but seek to 19:15.

2016-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules