I guess this is the real reason why shipment delay.
5153 13 2016-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tropicalfish.x
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4270397 ft
Hong Kong

Some of those mavic pro sent earlier to those media or youtubers have problem when fly in high humidity environment, the lens will very easy to get foggy, DJI feedback them in the official version will be a process to avoid that, so this maybe the real reason that they holding the shipment and make sure this will not happen. which is good for us.

2016-10-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

I'm very sorry about the delay, here is the official statement.

Dear Customers,

We said at our Mavic Pro launch event that we would begin shipping in mid-October. We’ve just passed that, and if you’re wondering where your Mavic Pro is, we’d like to offer an update.

Since unveiling the Mavic Pro, we’ve had amazingly strong global demand. Production is in full swing, and we will be fulfilling orders as fast as we can. If you have a DJI customer account, we’ll be sending you updates, or you can check for new information in our online store  http://store.dji.com/product/mavic-pro

We thank you for your enthusiasm and patience and for being a DJI customer.

Best,
Adam Najberg
Global Director of Communication
DJI
2016-10-18
Use props
DJI LA Support
Captain

United States

Hey guys. Since there are a number of threads open talking about the exact same thing, we have created a megathread where users can talk about Mavic shipping issues and concerns in one place. This thread will be closed (but not deleted) shortly. The new thread is here: http://forum.dji.com/thread-66947-1-1.html
2016-10-18
Use props
DJI LA Support
Captain

United States

Multiple threads about same topic. Please post in megathread.
2016-10-18
Use props
johnlega
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

If that is true then I guess we do have the FOGGIEST idea why it was delayed....

2016-10-18
Use props
msduncanrolltid
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

Good lord.  I live in Alabama so if this is indeed an issue I'll be glad to wait for resolution.    Alabama = 90%+ humidity during the summer.
2016-10-18
Use props
incogneito
lvl.2

United States

msduncanrolltid Posted at 2016-10-19 01:17
Good lord.  I live in Alabama so if this is indeed an issue I'll be glad to wait for resolution.     ...

I'm glad im not a framing carpenter there, let alone flying a quadcopter with that much humidity.
2016-10-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Dear Customers,

We said at our Mavic Pro launch event that we would begin shipping in mid-October. We’ve just passed that, and if you’re wondering where your Mavic Pro is, we’d like to offer an update.

Since unveiling the Mavic Pro, we’ve had amazingly strong global demand. Production is in full swing, and we will be fulfilling orders as fast as we can. If you have a DJI customer account, we’ll be sending you updates, or you can check for new information in our online store  http://store.dji.com/product/mavic-pro

We thank you for your enthusiasm and patience and for being a DJI customer.

Best,
Adam Najberg
Global Director of Communication
DJI
2016-10-18
Use props
Babblin5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1558 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-18 10:23

Dear Customers,

That's great and all, but it tells us absolutely nothing about what's actually happening.
2016-10-18
Use props
FlashGJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 293379 ft
United States

Babblin5 Posted at 2016-10-19 01:29
That's great and all, but it tells us absolutely nothing about what's actually happening.

Does it really matter why?

Problem with lens, firmware, whatever..... good for them for not sending out faulty units.

Inundated with sales and can't produce them fast enough... good for them (more money for future innovations).

Rushed to market to keep sales from going to Karma..... good for them (more money for future innovations).

Frustrating for us because we are so excited to get our hands on it, you bet.... when it is all over and we are busy flying our new toys we will be glad because of how amazing it is and excited to see what they have up there sleeve for us next.
2016-10-18
Use props
aaronspence
lvl.2

United Kingdom

FlashGJ Posted at 2016-10-18 18:41
Does it really matter why?

Problem with lens, firmware, whatever..... good for them for not sendi ...

Yes it does.

If they said, We're sorry theres an issue with component Y. We expect to start delivering on D date. Most of us would be fine with that. Right now we have absolutely no understanding of the issue or when we're due our drones.
2016-10-18
Use props
Morgon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 104393 ft
United States

aaronspence Posted at 2016-10-18 13:46
Yes it does.

If they said, We're sorry theres an issue with component Y. We expect to start deliv ...

Not only that, but it would instill MORE trust in DJI. Admitting a specific fault, and saying that they won't ship them until they get it right.. THAT is how a business operates and shows its commitment and respect towards its users.
2016-10-18
Use props
FlashGJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 293379 ft
United States

aaronspence Posted at 2016-10-19 01:46
Yes it does.

If they said, We're sorry theres an issue with component Y. We expect to start deliv ...

I agree that it would be nice to know exactly why there is a delay if for no other reason than we would not have to read through so many posts from people complaining and speculating.

But for me, the real reason does not really matter! Of course YMMV
2016-10-18
Use props
Babblin5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1558 ft
United States

I guess the bottom line is, like most Chinese manufacturers, DJI is risk adverse. Anticipating initial orders would require spending money before something is actually sold. Taking the approach of "better too have more demand than product, than too much product and not enough demand" to its logical extreme seems to be what DJI has done, and is likely to be the real reason for the delay. In other words, better to promise what you can't deliver and capture sales before our competitor does, AND to use the funds collected before production commences to finance production. Why else have a 3-4 week refund policy? This is very smart, from a purely business perspective. It minimizes risk while maximizing profit and cash flow. Unfortunately, it's we, the buyers, who pay for it. That's why we don't get any reason for the delay, and just the announcement of a delay. It's business as usual in China, and nothing will change that other than a MASSIVE cancellation of orders, which is unlikely to ever happen. There's your truth.
2016-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules