Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
[Official] Mavic shipping issues
137942 1507 2016-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI LA Support
Captain

United States

Hey everyone.
There is a lot of discussion happening regarding issues with the shipping of Mavic orders. We in no way want to discourage discussion about this topic, but for the sake of forum content we would like to constrain the discussion to take place in one thread. Each time new information is disseminated we get a large number of new threads that contain the same information and discussions when a single thread can do the job.

With this in mind we are going to close those threads that aren't contributing to the discussion or are duplicates. These threads will not be deleted, rather they will only be closed in 1 hour to let conversations conclude or migrate. Threads that are explicitely talking about distinct topics will remain open.

Please only discuss shipping issues in this thread. New threads discussing the same topic will be deleted.

We hope you understand. We will attempt to keep this thread updated when we have access to new information.

"We are doing the best to keep you up to  date.  We do not know the reason for the delay.  We have asked but do  not have an answer as of yet.  
We do know that it is not about a patent infringement.  We do know that  production is proceeding. We don't know when shipments will proceed."

As of 10/18 the official statement is:

Dear Customers,

We said at our Mavic Pro launch event that we would begin shipping in mid-October. We’ve just passed that, and if you’re wondering where your Mavic Pro is, we’d like to offer an update.

Since unveiling the Mavic Pro, we’ve had amazingly strong global demand. Production is in full swing, and we will be fulfilling orders as fast as we can. If you have a DJI customer account, we’ll be sending you updates, or you can check for new information in our online store  http://store.dji.com/product/mavic-pro

We thank you for your enthusiasm and patience and for being a DJI customer.

Best,
Adam Najberg
Global Director of Communication
DJI

2016-10-18
Use props
DJI LA Support
Captain

United States

steven@madow.co Posted at 2016-10-18 16:01
Thanks!  This will make it easier to manage our obsession about shipping dates.  LA support - care t ...

Wish I had more info for you guys. I know what it's like to be where you are.
2016-10-18
Use props
DJI LA Support
Captain

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-18 16:23
Look really appreciate this happening, there were too many threads, but it might help if dji under ...

Your concerns and the concerns of everyone else are not being taken lightly. Although I don't have the information that I wish I could give you, I can assure you I truly understand.
2016-10-18
Use props
DJI LA Support
Captain

United States

The comment from user "Adam Najberg" was not from an official account and should not be considered legitimate.
2016-10-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

To our valued customers,

We have made a statement concerning the availability of the Mavic.  I will post again here:

Dear Customers,

We said at our Mavic Pro launch event that we would begin shipping in mid-October. We've just passed that, and if you're wondering where your Mavic Pro is, we'd like to offer an update.

Since unveiling the Mavic Pro, we've had amazingly strong global demand. Production is in full swing, and we will be fulfilling orders as fast as we can. If you have a DJI customer account, we'll be sending you updates, or you can check for new information in our online store (http://store.dji.com/product/mavic-pro).

We thank you for your enthusiasm and patience and for being a DJI customer.

Best,

Adam Najberg

Global Director of Communication

Currently we have no additional information.  If you are looking for the status of your order, please use the link above or contact your retailer.  If you have a DJI account we will notify you with updates.   We will be closing the threads dealing with Mavic shipping.  They no longer serve a purpose and some of the post are abusive to our employees and do not adhere to our rules.  Thank you for your patience.

2016-10-20
devGOD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 200577 ft

not much of an update but thanks anyway. I think DJI should just say you will receive your Mavic before 2017 (thats if that's true). Hope DII throws in a free battery or blades for the unexpected wait considering they have already been paid in full by every pre-order.
2016-10-18
Use props
msduncanrolltid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

Has anyone had their Mavic shipped yet?  

It had to be asked!  ;)
2016-10-18
Use props
steven
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1009301 ft
United States

Thanks!  This will make it easier to manage our obsession about shipping dates.  LA support - care to give us more info ;)
2016-10-18
Use props
mrdave543
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2570755 ft
United States

Hard to discuss anything when their is no communication of updated shipment dates.  I agree multiple threads are useless, but DJI needs to get their act together.
2016-10-18
Use props
Travis199
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144039 ft

someone must know something lol is there going to be any shipping this month at all? thats all we want to know
2016-10-18
Use props
SHJMw4xhOqc8
lvl.3

Australia

This is still not answering the question we all have. WHEN WILL THEY SHIP????? Come on DJI stop this crap about fulfilling orders as fast as we can. Tell us something tangible. Will they start shipping this week? Next week? Next year? When???????????????????
2016-10-18
Use props
stanhersh44
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-10-18
Use props
devGOD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 200577 ft

Travis199 Posted at 2016-10-19 04:04
someone must know something lol is there going to be any shipping this month at all? thats all we wa ...

It's not a good answer that it why nothing is being said or they're not confident they will meet the new ship date. I wonder if the realize that they do not have to make all of the drones at once... if 1000 is already made then ship it.
2016-10-18
Use props
Linsenfest
lvl.4
Flight distance : 199475 ft
Germany

stanhersh44 Posted at 2016-10-18 22:09
**** The posts are shielded ****

Hmm the next post that is shield? What is he posting?
Info`s we shall not see?
2016-10-18
Use props
ctonyperry
lvl.3

United States

Delays don't bother me too much. Dishonesty bothers me a lot.
Why has the executive team at DJI not bothered to fill in the front line employees about why DJI is failing to meet the expectations that were set (by DJI) about when the Mavic would ship? We aren't getting riled up because DJI failed to meet a deadline that we (your customers) imagined. DJI failed to meet the date that they set. They pushed it back, and failed to meet that date too. There has been no real or useful information about what is going on, or when we might expect to start seeing shipments go out.

Is it going to ship this week? Next week? Next month? This year? I would like to be given the opportunity to reevaluate whether or not I want to keep my order, based on a real shipping date estimate. Some honesty and transparancy is the very least that DJI could do to restore some credibility.

2016-10-18
Use props
Eazy123
lvl.3
  • >>>

I'd just like to know why.  Even if there's some kind of issue - they've clearly got Mavics made (or else all these YouTubers wouldn't have them), even if they have only 200 made, why can't those just go out?  This makes no sense to me.
2016-10-18
Use props
michaelfranklin
lvl.1

United States

"Dear Customers,
We said at our Mavic Pro launch event that we would begin shipping in mid-October. We’ve just passed that, and if you’re wondering where your Mavic Pro is, we’d like to offer an update.
Since unveiling the Mavic Pro, we’ve had amazingly strong global demand. Production is in full swing, and we will be fulfilling orders as fast as we can.
We thank you for your enthusiasm and patience and for being a DJI customer."

I realized now that this a new thing companies are doing recently. They don't start production until they get orders. Oh well...I guess it makes sense but at the same time somewhat deceiving...

It looks like Lily Drone Syndrome.....
2016-10-18
Use props
banned
lvl.2

Switzerland

Hopefully there will some more info be soon.
Would be interesting if any mavic has shipped, if there are new estimated shipping Dates and so on...
2016-10-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI LA Support Posted at 2016-10-18 21:03
Wish I had more info for you guys. I know what it's like to be where you are.

Look really appreciate this happening, there were too many threads, but it might help if dji understood, that most people are only looking for fair play here, I don't think it's to much to ask of dji that they keep people informed with changes in shipping time, this has not been cleared up with that email which is very vague, I don't think it's to much to ask that in the very near future that customers should be informed as to the amount of time there orders will be delayed by.

Dji has taken all these customers money , they have nothing to show for it, if they had at the very least a timeframe in which it could be guaranteed delivery of the goods that they have used their hard earned money to purchase , without prejudice , it would mean a lot to all of these loyal customers..

I trust you will understand.
2016-10-18
Use props
SHJMw4xhOqc8
lvl.3

Australia

ctonyperry@gmai Posted at 2016-10-19 04:12
Delays don't bother me too much. Dishonesty bothers me a lot.
Why has the executive team at DJI not  ...

I agree with this. The dishonesty bothers me as well. They have had my money now for coming up to a month with the promise of shipping to start oct 15th. If I had known this I would have waited until the apple store had some.
2016-10-18
Use props
Marco Cantieni
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1630453 ft

banned Posted at 2016-10-19 04:15
Hopefully there will some more info be soon.
Would be interesting if any mavic has shipped, if there ...

See what the dealers got told
2016-10-18
Use props
3dflight
lvl.2

United States

I used to be a pretty busy project manager.  I learned early on that you have to be honest with customers.  If you try to sweep something under the rug and it goes south on you the client is going to be very upset that you didn't inform them of the issue earlier on.  So you come clean with them at the very onset of an issue and explain what you're doing to correct it and make things right.  People appreciate and respect that.  We're all humans and we all make mistakes.  How we handle those mistakes defines us.
2016-10-18
Use props
watuse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2064587 ft
Spain

this is my order update so basically I will probably have my order ship in november no rush...
Screen Shot 2016-10-18 at 10.06.47 PM.png
2016-10-18
Use props
brianmlevy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The so-called update really wasn't an update at all. All it confirmed is that we are all waiting indefinitely....
2016-10-18
Use props
ctonyperry
lvl.3

United States

watuse Posted at 2016-10-18 13:27
this is my order update so basically I will probably have my order ship in november no rush...

November is just a guess for you at this point, just like it is for everyone else. All I am asking for is some transparency, and to not have to guess. If I have to wait til November, then yeah...no rush. Let me know though, so I can cancel my order, wait for the first few revs to iron out bugs and use that money for something else.
2016-10-18
Use props
fraser
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>

You did not say mid October at the event. Your man on stage specifically said October 15th and plastered that date on a giant screen. As someone who ordered within ONE HOUR of the store update I fully expected to have the Mavic in my hands by now.
2016-10-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI LA Support Posted at 2016-10-18 21:28
Your concerns and the concerns of everyone else are not being taken lightly. Although I don't have ...

Thanks for your reply, hopefully we will have some clarity soon, and the real Mavic party can begin.
2016-10-18
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

That not an update, an update gives you direct information pertaining to the problem such as " we announced the mavic early so our customers wouldn't order the gopro karma, your order will ship on November 1st" something like that?
2016-10-18
Use props
DJI-Pooper
lvl.1

United States

Has anyone tried calling the numbers provided to ask about shipping?
2016-10-18
Use props
Marco Cantieni
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1630453 ft

ctonyperry@gmai Posted at 2016-10-19 04:30
November is just a guess for you at this point, just like it is for everyone else. All I am asking ...

That is the whole point. DJI wants to avoid at all costs that people cancel their orders. Canceling your order means you probably buy later or you go for a Karma.
2016-10-18
Use props
Jorge D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 225827 ft
Spain

In Spain according to the website of Apple you have to wait 8 weeks to have the iPhone 7, after your order., if you want a TESLA you have to wait 12 months at least...welcome to a globalize world and the new order of the new emergent economies of the  BRIC countries, only 10 years ago you can't imagine..
2016-10-18
Use props
z7BdJFqOQUAg
lvl.3

Saudi Arabia

3dflight Posted at 2016-10-18 23:26
I used to be a pretty busy project manager.  I learned early on that you have to be honest with cust ...

it's not the world hardest riddle to solve. you guys should know by now that the whole idea of 15 Oct is to push Karma out of the deal

they will not ship it  before the 15November because they didn't plan to ship any before. they will deliver it but not any time soon.
2016-10-18
Use props
ultraflight77
lvl.4
Flight distance : 881598 ft
United States

Here's some food for thought people. If DJI comes out with definitive answer about when the Mavics will ship they know that will be the tipping point for alot of people on the edge of cancelling their order. Let's keep them in the dark a little longer to try to hold onto them. It's too little too late in my case! I already cancelled. Not letting these creeps charge me then only give me copy and paste answers. I have since put a order in through the Apple store and will give it a month or so. I don't see any action by then,I will simply cancel and forget about DJI forever...     Also I can't wait for someone to say it will move them ahead in line... After lying about the shipping date are you dumb enough to believe they will be 1st come 1st serve... SMH???
2016-10-18
Use props
wcT1cfPhnP0b
lvl.1

Italy

If I don't get it in time before November 12th I'll cancel the order. I pre ordered just to have it before going to Patagonia on that date. I'll buy it later but I'm upset
2016-10-18
Use props
cwpics
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I cancelled my order. Live chat didn't seem to care less which was the final nail. Had my money for a month with no clear updates and a forum full of disgruntled customers. Doesn't do your brand any favours DJI, good luck though
2016-10-18
Use props
markarmentano
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2958264 ft
United States

I think i would be very nice if DJI announced that because of the delay's, all MAVIC orders will be shipping with ....

Other than that, i'd rather they ship the product right then I would have them ship it wrong.
Patience ... yeaaaaah yeaaaaah..
2016-10-18
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

ultraflight77 Posted at 2016-10-18 16:46
Here's some food for thought people. If DJI comes out with definitive answer about when the Mavics w ...

I've live through the inspire 1 delay, the osmo delay, the osmo x5 adapter delay ( the x-5 adapter delay was around 6 months) the z-axis delay and so on and I'm here to tell you the mavic delay could be months!!
2016-10-18
Use props
ctonyperry
lvl.3

United States

I'll just leave this here.

2016-10-18
Use props
pdbim25eeT7h
Second Officer
Flight distance : 749413 ft
Australia

Aren't we only a few months away from the next big DJI secret release?

Will out MAVIC be outdated by the time it lands?

Deleting threads to clean up I think shows you are on damage control, we have been waiting for ANYONE, other than KEN, to step up on the forums and offer anything?
It seems you sat back for a week, let us waste our thoughts on a platform you were not interested in moderating at the time.. easier to just hide it all I guess.

This is such a bad taste, just the clear lack of information, poor customer service, and a sad experience.

I'm sure apple have a patent for a new drone in the works, they will soon enough after watching this mess.
2016-10-18
Use props
uL1UO4mJzCMT
lvl.1

ctonyperry@gmai Posted at 2016-10-19 04:50
I'll just leave this here.

Lawsuit coming up soon!
2016-10-18
Use props
user44b64e5e25
lvl.2

DJI LA Support Posted at 2016-10-19 04:28
Your concerns and the concerns of everyone else are not being taken lightly. Although I don't have ...

If our concerns are not taken lightly why are we still deprived of any information? The red fonted update on the shipping page is a joke. And you, Dji customer support, pretending having no  information to share...??? Come on...
2016-10-18
Use props
msduncanrolltid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

At this point they know customers are upset.    They can't conjure drones that don't exist any faster than the 24 hour shifts they are working right now.    Hopefully we will all have a merry Thanksgiving or a Happy Christmas.   
2016-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules