Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
[Official] Mavic shipping issues
139338 1489 2016-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davcom1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 440981 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-18 22:43
Again, I'm truly sorry for the shipping delay. They will be shipping as soon as they can. Really the ...

Ken, I do feel sorry for you having to try and deflect all of us disgruntled customers (single-handedly) but as others have suggested... if you don't know what is going on, surely you have a manager or a contact higher up the chain... and if necessary, they also have a manager. Eventually you'll get to someone who does know. They can then pass you the info or post themselves. Simples!

Unfortunately, judging by the non-informative message from the company's Global Director of Comms, it looks more like a DJI decision to treat us like mushrooms (feed us sh*t and keep us in the dark).
2016-10-18
Use props
DJI-Pooper
lvl.1

United States

ultraflight77 Posted at 2016-10-18 17:11
Haha.  His comments we're true... like it or not...

Yes they were!!
2016-10-18
Use props
jason_weston
lvl.3
Flight distance : 234948 ft
  • >>>
Australia

JDCeder982 Posted at 2016-10-19 06:08
A little bit of transparency goes a long way.  If there was an issue with the quality of a component ...

I suppose that is up to the DJI global director of non communication, guy should be sacked for letting customer get to the point were they are flustered and there poor staff coping it from people.
2016-10-18
Use props
user44b64e5e25
lvl.1

HjM4qzGDMUeQ Posted at 2016-10-19 06:11
Guys, is there a defect in Mavic hardware ?

If this was the case i would happily wait a couple of weeks more but i would be even more pleased if DJI spread the info.
2016-10-18
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

0MZh8Q4PjfFN Posted at 2016-10-18 18:05
I just talked to my friend at GoPro corporate. They may be doing some sort of special to entice peop ...

That would be great, I've been a loyal DJI customer but we're did that get me? I might just give that karma a try, at least I would accually have it in my possession . This whole mavic delay thing was defiantly a ploy to keep people from buying the karma, that's dirty pool.
2016-10-18
Use props
Travis199
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144039 ft

To be fair I was defo going to buy the karma until the mavic was announced.
2016-10-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

davcom1 Posted at 2016-10-19 06:11
Ken, I do feel sorry for you having to try and deflect all of us disgruntled customers (single-han ...

I am sorry about the shipping delay. trust me, many of my friends including myself also ordered.
2016-10-18
Use props
James Thomas Be
New

United States

If you think DJI abused your trust and took your money unfairly you can file a complaint. Since they still won't tell anyone a ship date after holding their money for a month, it's possible to ask the us government to investigate them.

The FTC’s Bureau of Consumer Protection stops unfair, deceptive and  fraudulent business practices by collecting complaints and conducting  investigations, suing companies and people that break the law,  developing rules to maintain a fair marketplace, and educating consumers  and businesses about their rights and responsibilities.

You can file a  complaint with them.

Welcome to Complaint Assistant - FTC
2016-10-18
Use props
ultraflight77
lvl.4
Flight distance : 881598 ft
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-10-18 18:13
That would be great, I've been a loyal DJI customer but we're did that get me? I might just give t ...

I have thought about giving it a try as well. I am going to hold onto my Mavic/Apple order till mid next month and if it doesn't update,I'm done with DJI.
2016-10-18
Use props
jason_weston
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

0MZh8Q4PjfFN Posted at 2016-10-19 06:05
I just talked to my friend at GoPro corporate. They may be doing some sort of special to entice peop ...

GoPro definitely need to do this, if they did you'll have people buying the Karma, they need to entice. this is an opportunity for GoPro to stick it back at DJI.

BTW i'm not fussed which one i get as i don't fly far and i don't use all the fancy bits and pieces i just want a portable drone. I will eventually get the Mavic, i would like the Karma due to it is more then just buying a drone, i want the stabilizer as well. This is my 2nd attempt at buying a DJI product where i had to wait and wait and wait. Tried to buy a DJI Osmo Mobile and after 4 weeks i gave up. Now the Mavic and same thing except we have no firm date.
2016-10-18
Use props
PIZg5klFbOQ5
lvl.1

United States

I noticed that Best Buy has a receive by date of Oct 31st...if I ordered it right now....
Does that mean DJI shipping to Apple and Best Buy first or should we expect it before the 31st...
Best Buy is much easier to return DOA merchandise.
I would hope DJI would fufil direct purchases from their own personal store first?
2016-10-18
Use props
MKSOL
lvl.1

United States

"Again, I'm truly sorry for the shipping delay. They will be shipping as soon as they can. Really the only thing you are able to do about it is to cancel your order and get a refund if you are really that unhappy."

And there in lies the problem - repeated assertions we are overwhelmed by demand - that would mean orders are shipping but there are a lot in the line.  Thats not the case, no one has been shipped.  Which leads the customer - who has already been charged in full - to assume one thing.  
A problem exists with the design, the software, or some element that we (DJI) are not willing to admit to you.   Which leads one  to believe do I even trust that when it ships - it will not be right.  Sadly it seems this is making more of a case for cancelation and wait to see real user reviews when the product arrives.....someday.
2016-10-18
Use props
christopher.gil
New

United States

Thought: 1000 drones times $1000 equals $1 million. 2000 drones equals $2 million.

My guess, DJI  didn't have enough cash on hand to produce the product and pay their suppliers. In a rush to market they needed our money to actually produce the product.

Why am I saying these things? Because in the absence of information human beings make things up. We never make up good things, only bad.

Someone at DJI knows the  production schedule and can say with some sense of certainty when the drones will ship.

Please find that person and provide an update that is informative and accurate or risk losing all of your preproduction money that you're using to fund the build.

No one here is asking for too much
2016-10-18
Use props
Gmman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1003150 ft
United States

I guess my biggest question. Have any Mavics been shipped at all? Delays and too many orders don't equate to none being shipped. Can DJI confirm even one has shipped? Think I might cancel and wait till spring if no further info by Friday. Guess the Youtube vlogers are the only ones who count...
2016-10-18
Use props
z7BdJFqOQUAg
lvl.3

Saudi Arabia

jason_weston@bi Posted at 2016-10-19 01:20
GoPro definitely need to do this, if they did you'll have people buying the Karma, they need to en ...

exactly  I'm thinking the same way

26 October is around the corner

if I don't get any drone by Friday q I'm buying the dam Karma at least I'm getting a stabilizer with it
2016-10-18
Use props
ultraflight77
lvl.4
United States

z7BdJFqOQUAg Posted at 2016-10-18 18:25
exactly  I'm thinking the same way

26 October is around the corner

I believe it comes with a carry case as well?
2016-10-18
Use props
kbehrend
lvl.1

Australia

It just doesnt make sense, there must be some major issue otherwise they would ship out the ones that are ready instead of holding them in wharehouses? Sure if they received more pre-orders than they expected they could delay the next round of orders but the fact that it is the 19th now and they said shipping will start on the 15th really worries me about what is going on especially since they won't explain. This vague we are sorry because we received so many pre-orders is rubbish. Tell us the facts and when it will be released otherwise Karma here I come...
2016-10-18
Use props
davcom1
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Perhaps a few tweets with #dji #mavic and links to this thread might help?
2016-10-18
Use props
jason_weston
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

Gmman Posted at 2016-10-19 06:25
I guess my biggest question. Have any Mavics been shipped at all? Delays and too many orders don't e ...

I'm sure Casey's second one has shipped
2016-10-18
Use props
chris50
lvl.3

Alright, I have been digging around and I have a theory.  Stay with me here.

This article was posted on March 31, 2016
Title: "Global shipping industry takes a hit from China slowdown"

http://money.cnn.com/2016/03/31/ ... n/index.html?iid=EL

Essentially this article explains how China is having it's weakest economic growth in 25 years and slowing down exports, which is causing shipping businesses to go bankrupt.

The next article is titled: "Global trade slump sinks shipping giant", and explains how the recent decrease in global trade is causing a massive Korean shipping company to go under.  It was posted on August 31st.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/08/31/ ... eceivership/?iid=EL

This last article was posted on September 2nd, title: "U.S. retailers warn of shipping crisis as holiday shopping looms"

http://money.cnn.com/2016/09/02/ ... iday-season/?iid=EL

This article talks about the concerns that us retailers have over the recent shipping giant that filed for bankruptcy protection, Hanjin Shipping, and how this will affect stock levels for all products during the holiday season.

So with all this taken into account, it seems more likely than not that DJi would be having some issues shipping their products around the world in a timely manner.

TLR; The shipping industry is dying and we're fucked
2016-10-18
Use props
z7BdJFqOQUAg
lvl.3

Saudi Arabia

ultraflight77 Posted at 2016-10-19 01:28
I believe it comes with a carry case as well?

yes and the RC have a screen built in

2016-10-18
Use props
ultraflight77
lvl.4
United States

z7BdJFqOQUAg Posted at 2016-10-18 18:30

Right on. And no more worries about phone/tablet compatibility.
2016-10-18
Use props
Nees
First Officer
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-19 00:02
That's totally understandable and your are fully entitled to cancel and get a refund.
Again, I can ...

Overwhelmed is one thing. Nothing to ship is another. Even if you have 100 units. 1.000.000 orders should not hold those 100 units in storage. Ship what you already have, don't hold back.

Back in the days the Canon 5D Mk II came out, I was first to order after the press-release. (EVERYONE was waiting for this camera btw, demand was super high) Called a big camera store the moment they opened and ordered it, they didn't even have a product number. The moment the shipping started (as stated when it would become for sale), they recieved one... It was mine. Other friends that ordered few days later, had to wait some more weeks after me. Others I knew even had to wait almost 3 months before stores everywhere got stock. So when you have production-models... You ship it, no company should hold stock because they have more orders then they can deliver. It does not make any sense. You just keep producing and ship as long as demand is high.

What we really read here between the lines, is there there is no stock. But it is hard to believe, looking at the amount of "test" drones they send out. They should be feeling confident that "noobs" can fly this thing because they even didn't gave a manual in those boxes. It would be strange to create "prototypes" and then produce nothing anymore.
2016-10-18
Use props
z7BdJFqOQUAg
lvl.3

Saudi Arabia

z7BdJFqOQUAg Posted at 2016-10-19 01:30

besides Karmas pros and cons at least they respect thier customers
2016-10-18
Use props
davcom1
lvl.4
United Kingdom

chris50 Posted at 2016-10-18 23:30
Alright, I have been digging around and I have a theory.  Stay with me here.

This article was poste ...

I imagine DJI use air carriers like FedEx (they do to the UK at least as FedEx handles import duties/customs clearance). I think Hanjin was a ocean cargo company.
2016-10-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

ultraflight77 Posted at 2016-10-18 23:03
My bad... I see nothing wrong with stanhersh44 post. So how does that post make him a troll? You w ...

Ok don't want to have to explain anymore after this, if you have been following threads here you will know what I mean,
First one of his comments has been deleted on this thread already, all his threads had been deleted from a previous thread,
Absolutely nothing to do with me, as for don cantaloupe I was one of many who thought he was a troll and he was banned for personal insults to people here on this forum, you need to use your head here, D.C wasn't his first alias and it most likely won't be his last. S 44 tonight wrote a post personally attackiing a long standing member for no reason and that's why his posts were deleted.
2016-10-18
Use props
3dflight
lvl.1

United States

Nees Posted at 2016-10-18 18:32
Overwhelmed is one thing. Nothing to ship is another. Even if you have 100 units. 1.000.000 orders  ...

exactly...  They would have started production either at the time of the launch event or likely before.  They would have had some fairly large quantity built by the beginning of Oct.  Why they wouldn't even ship the "first 100 pre-orders" indicates something is wrong.

Again, I'm betting it's something out of their hands like they need approval on something (ehem, trademark) before they can release it.  Hoping they can get approval or work out a financial deal quickly.

What bothers me is that if that's the case then they're blatantly lying to people to keep them on the hook.  The "demand exceeded our expectations" doesn't hold any water whatsoever.  You don't hold back the stock you built because you got more orders than you expected.  That's just a bad lie.
2016-10-18
Use props
chris50
lvl.3

davcom1 Posted at 2016-10-19 06:34
I imagine DJI use air carriers like FedEx (they do to the UK at least as FedEx handles import duti ...

Uh oh.

http://ftn.fedex.com/news/NewsBu ... =083116&lang=en

"These developments are having an immediate impact on ocean freight forwarding operations, particularly transpacific shipments inbound to North America."
2016-10-18
Use props
roger_lee_murph
lvl.1

I have 200 drones on hand, Let me look at the UTC time of all of my orders. Okay the first 200 orders will ship now, The factory will make 200 more drones tomorrow, the next 200 orders will be shipped the day after. This is some complicated stuff we are dealing with here. No wonder a global company is having issues dealing with it.  
2016-10-18
Use props
stanhersh44
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-10-18
Use props
sbug206
Second Officer
Flight distance : 517848 ft
Canada

I would bet that given chinese culture being conservative and cautious, they didn't bother producing any Mavics in any sizeable quantity until the pre-orders came rolling in. Transparency about problems is also not a trait within chinese culture (before you flame me, I'm chinese). If there's problems they're not going to admit to it. I can't think of any instance where a chinese company chose customers over making money. Until this situation grows and attracts enough negative PR that will affect sales, they won't do anything.
2016-10-18
Use props
chris50
lvl.3

Guys pay attention.  DJi isn't stupid.  They aren't holding drones for no reason... they just can't get them shipped out, and probably can't tell us anything for legal reasons or they would.  There's no chance that they're just deciding to lie to us and ignore us.  Have some faith, the Mavic is a technological beast and will serve us all well one day.  (But I would love to know when that day is still)
2016-10-18
Use props
davcom1
lvl.4
United Kingdom

chris50 Posted at 2016-10-18 23:41
Uh oh.

http://ftn.fedex.com/news/NewsBulletinDisplay.jsp?url=083116&lang=en

Me and my big mouth! lol

Although still doubt it affects air freight and there's no mention of the UK/Europe... so, if you are in the US, I'll let you know all about the Mavic next week when mine arrives
2016-10-18
Use props
chris50
lvl.3

davcom1 Posted at 2016-10-19 06:45
Me and my big mouth! lol

Although still doubt it affects air freight and there's no mention of th ...

Please do... I can't handle the wait anymore
2016-10-18
Use props
DJI-Pooper
lvl.1

United States

chris50 Posted at 2016-10-18 17:41
Uh oh.

http://ftn.fedex.com/news/NewsBulletinDisplay.jsp?url=083116&lang=en

http://ftn.fedex.com/news/NewsBu ... lang=en&frame=N
2016-10-18
Use props
qzFOTo97T48l
lvl.1
Flight distance : 246654 ft

Could this have anything to do with it?

http://www.mavic.co.uk/wheels-road-triathlon-cosmic-pro-carbon
2016-10-18
Use props
No Man's Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 301545 ft

DJI,

I am ok with your delay. But please be considerate of your loyal supporters (people who pre-ordered).

How about giving us $100 rebate or throw in an extra battery or include the DJI Refresh as a sign of goodwill?

P.S. My neighbor is enjoying his Karma drone. READ: Enoying his drone.

Thanks.
2016-10-18
Use props
chris50
lvl.3

So this means they have 2 weeks of backlogged shipments to get out.... interesting indeed.  Honestly this seems more likely than anything else discussed here.
2016-10-18
Use props
pdbim25eeT7h
Second Officer
Flight distance : 749413 ft
Australia

Also now considering cancel to Karma. Was considering OSMO on top of the MAV GoPro will do both.. and they have innovated their customer service a little more.

DJI is redefining customer service
2016-10-18
Use props
GNbAvrxQTxw7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7628 ft

What the **** happened? Hanjin goes bankrupt and you all play just wait card?  hire a 3rd party and get these orders out.
the longer you keep this cat and mouse game up the longer your company looks like fools...
Get your PR guy to do damage control and get in front of this before everyone goes to gopro and KARMA bites you in the ass..

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#&panel1-1

You took our money. you are beholden to us as your investors to give us meaningful data.
2016-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules