Bad video signal - can't fly !!! Help !!!
12Next >
2935 45 2016-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
maka
lvl.1
Brazil

Hi, I'm at the middle of amazon for a job. Today I was asked to fly over some trees and as soon as took off the video transmission was flicking...than freezes, then that green half screen.
I got to abort flight and my client got angry.i think this has to do with my last DJI go update, which was done yesterday. Version 3.0.1
I'm desperate because tomorrow I have 7 flights to do and can't with that bad video signal.
My flights aren't far away. Something around 300meters, but need the reception signal to be perfect

Please, anyone has a 'solution'? IMU calibration, downgrade, some configuration I might be missing?
Looking forward for an answer
This,
Paulo
2016-10-18
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you have a backup of your Apple device from before update, then you could restore to that. But I think your internet connection may not be good ?
2016-10-18
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Perhaps a reset and relink of RC might help... 'C1+C2+ 'Shutter Button' (top right nearest Antenna), then relink.

Edit:- this maybe your best option. I am running 3.0.1 on IOS 10.0.2 on iPad Pro 9.7 with no obvious vide transmission problems (not yet flight tested).
2016-10-18
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Hi, maybe check/change your lighting cable, change to different device (with larger capacity maybe..)
Or remove the app and reinstall.
I've been using the latest Dji go update and IOS 10.0.2 on my devices and they all work fine, and also IOS 10.0.3 on iphone 7
2016-10-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Paulo,could you please clarify what IOS device you are using?
Please make sure that you do not have any programs running in the background and you have enabled the hardware decoding in DJI GO app.
2016-10-18
Use props
maka
lvl.1
Brazil

Well, my internet here is terrible.
I'd calibrate the imu and will test it tomorrow.
I'm using an ipad mini 3, which was running perfect last week.
Also have my personal iphone 6 which i'll also try to test tomorrow.
I hope it works, otherwise my job is 'gone' over here...what a weird situation.

2016-10-18
Use props
Focusian
lvl.2
Flight distance : 155443 ft
Thailand

I found same problem after upgrade to V. 3.0 , with my samsung note 5.  
It showed "weak image transmission" or something like that and show weird color on screen but for a while then returned to normal.

Anyway , will test more with other flying zone, to check whether it is problem from HW , SW or the surrounding area.
2016-10-18
Use props
Dacon Productio
lvl.2

United States

I had/have the same problem with video feedback from drone. All problems started after updated the IOS to 10.0.2 and GO app to 3.0.0 and today to 3.0.1.
After 7 batteries of test and trial, I found that if the ANTI-FLICKER is set to AUTO in the camera-settings the video is a lot better. I used to have it set to 60Hz (US) but it causes video problems. Too late now but will try to set it to 50Hz and see how is it.
Will also try the 50Hz in MAIN page, HD, FSP 50Hz.
2016-10-18
Use props
maka
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-19 10:53
Hi Paulo,could you please clarify what IOS device you are using?
Please make sure that you do not ha ...

Hi. I'm using an ipod mini 16Gb, i think it's version 2.
I bought it just for the phantom, during this 2 months trip i'm doing. There's nothing else installed
At first it was working perfect. But since i started updating sji go app and also IOS, video transmission is bad bad bad.
Not sure what is going on.
I could test it with a friend's iphone 6, up to date and with dji v.3.0.0 and it worked
But with my ipad up to date abd dji go verdion 3.0.1, no way! The problem is that this is my only device here at amazon,  and i bought it after reading specs saying it works perfect
Any clue? Software issue? Apple? Dji?
Thks!
2016-10-20
Use props
mollysdogroll
lvl.1

New Zealand

Hi yes relink aircraft with control worked for me
2016-10-20
Use props
RemusE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1145869 ft
Sweden

I get problems with my video signal as well. Some messages like "braking now! return sticks to midpoints first" or something. The video is freezing for some seconds and then works again.
This did not happen with previous DJO Go versions. My version is 3.00 on Android.
2016-10-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

maka Posted at 2016-10-21 10:09
I bought it just for the phantom, during  ...

Hi Maka, may I know your aircraft model? how about the firmware version for the aircraft and remote?
Please try to delete the APP and re-install it.
If no improvement, please post a screen shot for the bad quality image transmission, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2016-10-21
Use props
RemusE
lvl.4
Sweden

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-10-21 10:12
Hi Maka, may I know your aircraft model? how about the firmware version for the aircraft and remot ...

I'll make some screenshots as well when I fly today later.
2016-10-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

RemusE Posted at 2016-10-21 16:14
I'll make some screenshots as well when I fly today later.

That's appreciated, and also please help clarify the firmware version of your phantom, thanks so much.
2016-10-21
Use props
maka
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-10-21 16:12
Hi Maka, may I know your aircraft model? how about the firmware version for the aircraft and remot ...

Hi,
I'm using ipad mini a1489 32gb model ME277LL/A ios version 10.0.2
Dji go app version 3.0.1
Aircraft version 01.02.0503 phantom 4
Remote controller version 1.8.0
It used to work perfect during my first flights, but now it's no good at all. The main problem is i'm at the amazon and with no internet conection that handles downloads...
I'm trying to flight just when seeing the drone and predicting the image i want...terrible way to start my job around here

Anyway, i want to here any suggestions that might help me, even after finishing this job
Is this something with softwares and updates?
I can't delete my app as i'm afraid i won't be able to install it again
Cheers!
2016-10-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

maka Posted at 2016-10-22 09:01
Hi,
I'm using ipad mini a1489 32gb model ME277LL/A ios version 10.0.2
Dji go app version 3.0.1

I wonder if the heat is affecting the iPad? That could explain the problem you are seeing.
2016-10-21
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

What did the update from 3.0.0, to 3.0.1 correct?
2016-10-21
Use props
Dacon Productio
lvl.2

United States

For me the problem started after the IOS 10 update and GO app 3.0.0. Have not changed any iPad Air 2 settings.
I don't know if any CPU or GPU parameters were changed in IOS 10 and GO app 3.0 but looks like there is a glitch or decode communication problem that is causing the GO app to glitch and have bad video Rx. Constantly at any distance I get green screen, half black screen, pixelation in the image or image freeze for 1-2 seconds. Looking at the P4 live and comparing with what is displayed on the screen do not match (turning the camera 180 in real life and image still shows straight image for 1-2 seconds before it catches up). Have disabled the hardware decode option and all improved 99%. I am inclined to believe that GO app 3.0.0 is the problem since it has incorporated codec for MAVIC drone now that operates on iPhone/iPad without a dedicated controller (RC) and for some reason the video in conjunction with the HARDWARE DECODING on RC is a bad idea.
Curious to know if I am the only one with this problem or are others out there. I have a P4 (never crashed or abused) paired with Inspire "C" RC with iPad Air 2 dedicated for P4 only, nothing else on it and everything is turned OFF. Same problem when paired with original P4 RC which proves is not an RC problem. Took my friend's P4 RC and paired it to my P4 and got the same problem. When the HARDWARE DECODING was turned OFF the problem looks like went away.
2016-10-21
Use props
RemusE
lvl.4
Sweden

Here is my error message coming right after a video glitch

error

error
2016-10-21
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

I am  now convinced to never upgrade to even numbers.
Remember 2.8.2?
2016-10-22
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

RemusE Posted at 2016-10-22 02:35
Here is my error message coming right after a video glitch

Weird!  

"No Use to Move...."

that must be some translation going wrong maybe.
Are you still able to fly in Sweden?
2016-10-22
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've seen the 'braking' message produced in Android by the Object Avoidance system, but not in IOS (as yet).
2016-10-22
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've seen the braking message appear in Android generated by the Obstacle Avoidance system, but not in IOS (yet). It should probably read "Now use the right stick to avoid obstacle"
It's appearance may be dependant on the Obstacle Avoidance menu settings.
2016-10-22
Use props
bob.lionel.gmai
lvl.2
Flight distance : 89551 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm getting the same thing on Android with my Note 7. Video feed in app is useless. Also randomly getting RC signal is weak. I'm about to refute charges on it. Short range and these issues makes this thing very much overrated. My phantom2 is more reliable.
2016-10-22
Use props
RemusE
lvl.4
Sweden

MD_Icarus Posted at 2016-10-22 15:34
Weird!  

"No Use to Move...."

About the law in Sweden, well, depend on how you look at it. I won't comment public anything about flying, but Phantom 4 is a great machine and I am not sale it

The union for the commercial users of drones gathered yesterday for meeting. On monday it will be a lot of lobby talk around it. I would not bet that this law will remain unchanged for a long period of time.

2016-10-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

maka Posted at 2016-10-21 10:09
I bought it just for the phantom, during  ...

Could you verify which Phantom model you have and what firmware you're running?
2016-10-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

bob.lionel.gmai Posted at 2016-10-23 01:33
I'm getting the same thing on Android with my Note 7. Video feed in app is useless. Also randomly ge ...

Could you clarify what Phantom model you have? What firmware and Go app software are you running?
2016-10-23
Use props
bob.lionel.gmai
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-24 02:19
Could you clarify what Phantom model you have? What firmware and Go app software are you running?

Phantom 4. RC 1.7, DJI Go 3.01 on a Samsung Note 7. I can tell you that I flew it a couple of weeks ago and it worked great, this last time before I flew it had me upgrade the RC firmware and the DJI Go app and it is now useless from the app. I couldnt even get the Still photo button to work. Between this and the lack of range of the P4 compared to the P3, I've had it. I have been patient hoping DJI would fix some of the issues, but it seems like you are too focused on pushing new hardware out that you aren't fixing the problems. I was really thinking of getting a Mavic Pro for the portability, but until DJI gets their act together, I'll hang onto the money, maybe try the GoPro drone instead...
2016-10-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

bob.lionel.gmai Posted at 2016-10-24 17:40
Phantom 4. RC 1.7, DJI Go 3.01 on a Samsung Note 7. I can tell you that I flew it a couple of week ...

We'd love to help you out if any problems you are faced with our products, to locate the issue, please help provide detailed info, thanks in advance.
What is the mobile system of your Note 7? when press on photo button, what happened for the APP?
Would you mind post us a video here shows the transmission issue?
Or if you could try to downgrade the RC firmware to check the result.
2016-10-24
Use props
rallred48
lvl.2
United States

I had the same problem, I down loaded an up date  and it up dated the RC controller to Remote controller version 1.8.0. form 1.6.0 I just down graded my Rc back to 1.6.0 and now it is working fine once again. Thank god. I missed out on a Job and spent hours on the Phantom forum page with friends trouble shooting this video signal loss.
Thank you My friends for Helping me fix this issue.
2016-10-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

bob.lionel.gmai Posted at 2016-10-24 17:40
Phantom 4. RC 1.7, DJI Go 3.01 on a Samsung Note 7. I can tell you that I flew it a couple of week ...

If you could answer Natalia's questions, that would be appreciated. Also, your aircraft is up to date as well, correct? Prior to performing a RC downgrade, could you happen to try the following button combinations to ensure that the connection on both the aircraft and RC are refreshed? First, please reset the RC using the following combination:

* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the RC (with the above buttons still being held) and the aircraft and relink the two.

I would then recommend a manual relink using the following combination:

* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD.
*Let go all fingers, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.

Please give those a try first. If it persists, please try a RC downgrade as Natalia suggested by holding the menu button on the top right corner of the Equipment page for 3-5 seconds. You will then see the options for downgrading the RC. Please make sure that the aircraft is off when you attempt the downgrade.

2016-10-24
Use props
bob.lionel.gmai
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-24 12:00
If you could answer Natalia's questions, that would be appreciated. Also, your aircraft is up to da ...

I have tried all of the above as you guys have been "off" over the weekend and others on the forums recommend the same. In fact, when I tried to downgrade the firmware it failed and for a time the controller was stuck but I was able to reinstall 1.7. Now there is no option to go back, the only version listed in the menu is 1.7. How do I get back to 1.6 if it's not listed in the menu? It has to be an issue with the firmware and DJI Go 3.x as lots of folks have reported going back to 1.6 as being a solution. Range was crap on 1.6 as with all other versions, but at least I could use it for photography.
2016-10-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

bob.lionel.gmai Posted at 2016-10-25 03:38
I have tried all of the above as you guys have been "off" over the weekend and others on the forums ...

Do you at least see the option to downgrade 1.5.8? Have you tried using a different mobile device to perform the downgrade or reinstalled the Go app itself?
2016-10-24
Use props
maka
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-10-21 16:12

Natalia, i already gave you all information about my gear, ipad mini, phantom 4, firmware versions, etc...
As I'M at the middle of the jungle, it's really hard to get any internet signal...i had to get a satellite from someplace that gives me 30 minutes only...
Anyway, is there any clue about this problem?
Aleeady tried connecting on an iphone 6 with dji version 3.0.0. It goes better, but after 200 or 300m, i get freeze screen, paused, etc...that esy i can't get my footage right.
It's affecting my job as i'm flying just around where i can see the phantom and keep praying to have a good shot...
I'm staying for 10 more days and really wanted to get this solved...hope!!!

Looking foward for an answer
Thks
2016-10-24
Use props
bob.lionel.gmai
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-24 14:51
Do you at least see the option to downgrade 1.5.8? Have you tried using a different mobile device  ...

I have cleared cache, wiped the app, reinstalled and no change. When I go to the menu to revert the firmware, the only thing listed is the current version. Whatever happened when I tried to revert and it said it failed apparently wiped my past versions.  Do you guys not realize that the forums are full of people with this exact same problem? I know two local photogs with the same issue. I don't know anyone with a PHantom 4 that has functional video streaming right now. You guys need to release a fix for this and stop acting like it's something on our devices. It was working, you pushed out an update and now it does not work. Fix this.
2016-10-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

maka Posted at 2016-10-25 05:51
Natalia, i already gave you all information about my gear, ipad mini, phantom 4, firmware versions ...

Hi Maka, sorry for the problems you're faced with. We'd love to help you out.
Since you have tried the basic troubleshooting, such as enable hardware decoding, turn off background programs, try different mobile devices, but no improvement.
Would you please upload the original video directly from SD card to dorpbox when you could get internet, then post us the link, we will get it evaluated by engineers.
2016-10-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

bob.lionel.gmai Posted at 2016-10-25 07:23
I have cleared cache, wiped the app, reinstalled and no change. When I go to the menu to revert th ...

We can only be able to provide troubleshooting steps and basic support. Downgrading normally is not affected and if it is, reinstalling the app or trying a different mobile device tends to get the process to work. Are you able to try a different mobile device since it's not showing on the current one? Could you provide a screenshot of what you receive when you do attempt the downgrade? Can you please provide a screencap of your About section as well?
2016-10-25
Use props
zskal
lvl.2
Flight distance : 427139 ft
Czechia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-10-25 10:01
Hi Maka, sorry for the problems you're faced with. We'd love to help you out.
Since you have tried ...

Sorry for my bad English, but it's impossible to read. DJI Natalia forgive me, but companies such as DJI has no one Phantom4 to try it out for yourself before launching a new update?
2016-10-25
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

zskal@centrum.c Posted at 2016-10-25 16:35
Sorry for my bad English, but it's impossible to read. DJI Natalia forgive me, but companies such  ...

had banding and colors since the RC update 1.8

I had dropped my RC back to fw 1.6 early today
and my SHIELD K-1 app updated to 3.01 this afternoon!

Just flew almost the same flight I did Wednesday that was scary as hec due to the banding

PERFECTLY CLEAN VIDEO TODAY.

YEA!
2016-10-25
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

Scary stuff; not sure if I should just pack my P4 for the winter and play with my onago instead?
(This will give them time to get the mavic to market and maybe they will get back to the Phantom next year)

2016-10-25
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules