12Next >
3337 41 2016-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BVB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 484652 ft
United States

I continue to have severe video transmission issues making the P4 unusable to record any video. The transmission is so congested with broken lines, green lines, jumping, twitching and freezing. It disconnects regularly and will not stay on a lower resolution without disconnecting and going back to 4K by what appears to be default. I thought I had the issue fixed when I updated the latest firmware for the remote but the issue has returned. I guess I will be sending it back to DJI as this was their recommendation after trouble shooting with customer service a week ago.
I am wondering if the exposed video "tape" on the gimbal could have anything to do with this issue. It doesn't seem to be well protected.

I have just gone back to factory settings using the Assistant, reloaded/installed the latest drone update.

I am starting to think it may be a loose wire or connection inside the unit. While testing just now. I started the video with it on the ground - no sign of interference. I lifted off and the interference began. I set it back down and interference stopped, lifted off again and interference began again. I landed and kept the video going. I picked up the drone and moved it from side to side and up and down. Motors off of course. I noted there was interference when I handled the drone. When I left it sitting on the table there was no interference. I video'd this entire process for DJI and will upload here.

2016-10-18
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

When you say the video is unusable, what about the real video file recorded to the SD card in the aircraft? Is that showing the same glitches. Remember, what you see on your phone or tablet is not the real video, it is a low quaslity feed to allow you to frame your shots and gauge the exposure.
2016-10-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please clarify what mobile device you are using?
Please upload your video here,I'll help to check it.
2016-10-19
Use props
calls4u2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 211604 ft
United Kingdom

Curious as the the outcome as I do have seen similar. When did it start and what device do you use? Also what is the area like as interference from other 2.4ghz wi-fi signals could be part of the problem. I'm intensively troubleshooting similar and hoping to get up in the air soon to see if any improvements.
2016-10-19
Use props
calls4u2
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Does not sound like a loose wire on the gimbal though, that would give errors in the app.
2016-10-19
Use props
conrad.civils
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15331 ft
South Africa

I had a similar problem with my P3 and replaced the rubber grommets between the gimbal and drone. At first I thought that I had to replace the gimbal, but soon afterwards discovered that the grommets were torn due to an incident with a drone eating tree at 8m high...

After replacing the rubber grommets everything was back to normal again...
2016-10-19
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you tried a different cable between RC & Display device ?
2016-10-19
Use props
pmmonte
lvl.1

United States

After about a 3 week idol time for my P4, I upgraded my firmware (this past weekend) and as soon as I engaged the rotors, my video feed also started glitching out. I launched and hovered but it never cleaned up. I landed and tried a restart, but this time it didn't even wait until I engaged the rotors before the video feed turned glitchy. Not just lines but full screen blank-outs, bad enough to not try and fly.  I never did try to record to see if it effected the SD recording.  I use a NVIDIA Shield tablet with no prior issues. Almost no Wifi in my area, or at least none with a strong signal strength.

I thought it was weird for the firmware to only require an upgrade for the RC and not the drone. Is there any fix for this yet?
2016-10-19
Use props
calls4u2
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Shield is the common thing here with me too, probably the most powerful device that should be compatible.. marshmallow on mine. I was using sd as adoptive storage. I've now factory reset and switched off adoptive storage and will report back when get a chance to fly. Just saying...
2016-10-19
Use props
calls4u2
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Add that since previous firmware it was similar but not seeming as bad on phone too. Did power output change allowing for more interference?
2016-10-19
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

pmmonte Posted at 2016-10-19 07:33
After about a 3 week idol time for my P4, I upgraded my firmware (this past weekend) and as soon as  ...

Aloha monte,

Same thing happened to me, but I added a step and refreshed the P4 firmware with the DJI Assistant 2.  So totally, I upgraded the DJI GO app to 3.0.0, updated the Remote Control using the app (with the aircraft off), and then refreshed the aircraft FW (current version) with everything on using the DJI Assistant 2 (I did not update the Assistant 2, as offered, since it has no new FW for the P4).  Everything cleaned up real nice after I shut everything down - including my nVidia Shield K1 - for 5 minutes and then did a complete and proper start up.  I have not flown yet, but everything cleaned up for my test of the live feed video system.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-10-20
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aloha BVB,

Same happened to me, but I had some other issues to deal with.  Basically, I had to start over using my P3P transmitter with my P4 aircraft (long story).  So totally, I upgraded the DJI GO app to 3.0.0, updated the Remote Control using the app (with the aircraft off), and then refreshed the aircraft FW (current version) with everything on using the DJI Assistant 2 (I did not update the Assistant 2, as offered, since it has no new FW for the P4).  Everything cleaned up real nice after I shut everything down - including my nVidia Shield K1 - for 5 minutes and then did a complete and proper start up.  I have not flown yet, but everything did clean up for my test of the live feed video system.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-10-20
Use props
wor_nh
lvl.1

United States

Cetaman Posted at 2016-10-20 17:03
Aloha BVB,

Same happened to me, but I had some other issues to deal with.  Basically, I had to ...

I upgraded everything also and the video is now terrible on my Samsung Tab A.  It looks great in the house but as I fly, it gets worse and worse.  My IPhone 6 works great, but it is just too small to use.  I have done a lot of research and the only tablets that seem to work reliably are the iPad Air 2 and the IPad Mini 4.

This is obviously a DJI problem.
2016-10-20
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

pmmonte Posted at 2016-10-19 07:33
After about a 3 week idol time for my P4, I upgraded my firmware (this past weekend) and as soon as  ...

Aloha monte,

My outdoor tests with the P4 were a disaster, almost full green screen, only 5% of the time some color strips.  I had to fly like an old P1 or P2 (W/O camera).  The weirdest thing is that the DJI GO app says to get the update for the P4 on the DJI web site.  Now, that is a needle in a hay stack.  It is not on the downloads page.  I may have to roll back everything.  Even my P3P is not doing well with the 3.0.0 DJI GO app.  The P3P also says to get the update from DJI.  Hmm.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-10-21
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aloha BVB,

Just to let you know, my outdoor tests have been a disaster.  Note what I posted to Monte.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-10-21
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

wor_nh Posted at 2016-10-20 08:46
I upgraded everything also and the video is now terrible on my Samsung Tab A.  It looks great in t ...

Aloha wor_nh,

My P4 and P3P outdoor tests have been a disaster today (see what I posted to Monte).  Looks like I will have to roll back to 2.9.0 or 2.9.1 and the AC and RC FW compatible at those levels.  Also, my Samsung Galaxy TAB Pro 10.1 started having problems and my nVidia Shield K1 is useless.  Well, back to the drawing board!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-10-21
Use props
wor_nh
lvl.1

United States

Cetaman Posted at 2016-10-21 19:15
Aloha wor_nh,

My P4 and P3P outdoor tests have been a disaster today (see what I posted to M ...

Please keep me updated on what you do and if you have success.  I've done everything I can do on this end with the current firmware/software.  I'm going to move to Litchi today and see if that solves the problem with the video issues and with the Follow Me feature.

I've owned this drone less than a week but I'm already regretting my purchase!
2016-10-21
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

wor_nh Posted at 2016-10-21 01:25
Please keep me updated on what you do and if you have success.  I've done everything I can do on t ...

Aloha wor_nh,

Whatever you do, do not regret your purchase.  You have incredible technology in your hands.  Way beyond anything else in the marketplace.  You just have to figure out how to make it work properly.  For me there are many challenges that I really enjoy resolving.  The two Apple devices you noted are approved by DJI, the Samsung Tab A is not.  Something is going on and the non-conforming devices are really having a problem.

One option you might want to do is roll back the DJI GO app and AC and RC firmware to compatible versions.  That is what I am doing until these problems get addressed.  That way you keep flying and learning how everything works.  You can even learn how to use Litchi.  Then when the issues get resolved, you can update to current levels without the problems you are seeing now.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-10-21
Use props
wor_nh
lvl.1

United States

Cetaman Posted at 2016-10-21 20:00
Aloha wor_nh,

Whatever you do, do not regret your purchase.  You have incredible technology  ...

How do I downgrade the firmware.

Here is what i know:
1)  Bought the drone, downloaded latest GO software to my new Samsung Tab A.  Flew drone and video transmission looked great.  Don't know what version firmware was in the P3P

2)  Next day, GO software told me I needed to update my RC, so followed instructions and did that.  Flew the P3P and had terrible transmission issues.  Had message to update the battery in the P3P.

3)  Did not know what firmware was in P3P, so I decided to update the firmware and the batteries.  Did this but no improvement in transmission.  The file from the upgrade did have a few statements that the firmware on the memory card was older or the same as what was in the device with a lot of rows showing "success".

4) Have since gotten very frustrated as the transmission issues have not gotten any better.  I have tried a new cable between the RC and the Samsung Tab A.  Have put tablet in Airplane Mode, etc.  Nothing fixes it.  Bought this drone for an upcoming trip so need to get this fixed!

From what I have heard, downgrading the RC is not that easy.  Do I need a bin file to wipe the firmware before finding the firmware that was in there before???
2016-10-21
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

wor_nh Posted at 2016-10-21 13:15
How do I downgrade the firmware.

Here is what i know:

You should be able to roll back your RC firmware to 1.6.

With display device connected to RC, make sure Device has a wifi connection, turn both on (aircraft should be off). Open up DJI Go App'.

At the top right hand side of the 'home screen' (where it shows image of aircraft, and you connect to camera)
you will see an icon, three horizontal lines (on Android...Or graduation hat in IOS). Place your finger on this for 5 seconds or so, when you lift finger you should be presented with an option to downgrade the RC to 1.6.

After downgrade I would re-link RC to aircraft.
2016-10-21
Use props
MGR57
lvl.2

United States

What tablet are you using? And yeah, check the RECORDED video on the SD card.  If there are no green or black interference bands, that isolates the problem.  There are a bunch of threads on this subject.  Some have suggested settings for your controller AND your tablet, such as Hardware Encoding, Video Cache, running ONLY DJI app (you have to know how to properly shut down all other apps on your tablet...just hitting X doesn't do it.)  It worked for me...
2016-10-21
Use props
RemusE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1145869 ft
Sweden

Here we go. Fresh reinstall of DJI Go 3

Error

Error
2016-10-21
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

pmmonte Posted at 2016-10-19 13:33

funny I just posted in a different thread the same.

have had my p3p and shield since last December and all has been fine for hundreds of flights

updated as I usually do the other day

Now banding on screen.
still usable mind you but irritating to see it start same day as update.......
2016-10-21
Use props
wor_nh
lvl.1

United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-10-21 20:43

With display device connected to RC, make ...

I'll give this a try.  Thank you!
2016-10-21
Use props
wor_nh
lvl.1

United States

MGR57 Posted at 2016-10-21 21:40
What tablet are you using? And yeah, check the RECORDED video on the SD card.  If there are no green ...

I'm using a Samsung Tab A which is just recently bought at Costco after seeing several posts and lists that mentioned it worked well with the Phantom 3.

The videos that I'm taking seem to be fine.  The problem is limited to the transmitted video from the drone to the RC, but that makes it very hard to fly.

I downloaded the Zapper app killer the other day, but it would not run for some reason.  I kept getting a message that it could not open.

How do I do the other hardware encoding , etc.?

Thanks!
2016-10-21
Use props
wor_nh
lvl.1

United States

RemusE Posted at 2016-10-21 22:40
Here we go. Fresh reinstall of DJI Go 3

What are you saying?  A fresh install solved your issues?
2016-10-21
Use props
RemusE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1145869 ft
Sweden

wor_nh Posted at 2016-10-21 18:13
What are you saying?  A fresh install solved your issues?

Sorry I had to go and did not have the time to elaborate my answer. DJI wanted a screenshot of the error.
The reinstall of the DJI Go 3.00 on my Android did not have any effect.
In the middle of the flight it starts to have glitches. After a few seconds I get this message and often the video disapears for one or two seconds. Then everything back to normal for some minutes or less. Then same think.
Never happened before.
2016-10-21
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

wor_nh Posted at 2016-10-21 06:04

Aloha wor_nh,

Good, Aardvark is on top of it.  Mahalo Aardvark!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-10-21
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-10-21 02:43

Aloha Aardvark,

Mahalo Nui Loa!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-10-21
Use props
MGR57
lvl.2

United States

You need to know how to close out all other apps so only  DJI Go is running.  Google it..Hardware encoding ON is done in DJI Go.  Video Cache OFF is also done in DJI Go.
2016-10-21
Use props
opendoor499
lvl.1

Australia

thats strange... I've updated everything using apple mini2 and all is ok , except I'm having problems with the Litchi app pixelating
2016-10-21
Use props
wor_nh
lvl.1

United States

opendoor499 Posted at 2016-10-22 12:39
thats strange... I've updated everything using apple mini2 and all is ok , except I'm having problem ...

I bought the Litchi app yesterday to see if it would solve both my pixilation issues and the broken Follow Me that I am experiencing with my Tab A.  I did not bother trying the Follow Me as the pixilation was terrible with this software also.  A note to their tech service got back a reply that the Samsung Tab A is not very powerful.  I believe I will return it to Costco this weekend.

I did try my IPhone 6 again and it worked just fine.  No pixilation and the Follow Me function worked.

I still think the problem is the RC firmware upgrade and it may work with the tablet after I downgrade this firmware.

2016-10-22
Use props
killerkustums
lvl.1

United States

Yep, Im using my Nexus 7, and after the update I'm getting the exact same message. Not sure why.
2016-10-23
Use props
rallred48
lvl.2
United States

wor_nh Posted at 2016-10-21 09:04

Listen to Aardvark I had the same Problem and Dirtybird worked with me for almost an Hour and got the RC controller back to 1.6.0 and now my bird works great I can see the screen
2016-10-24
Use props
wor_nh
lvl.1

United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-10-21 20:43

I can't get this to work.  I have connected my device to the RC.  The device has a wifi connection.  I have the DJI Go app running and showing Phantom 3 Professional.   The drone is off and not linked.

I see the three lines in the upper right hand corner, but nothing happens if I hit those lines without the drone being connected and nothing happens when I hold my finger on those lines for 5-10 seconds and then lift my finger.

What am I doing wrong?
2016-10-30
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

wor_nh Posted at 2016-10-31 00:28
I can't get this to work.  I have connected my device to the RC.  The device has a wifi connection ...

Only thing I can suggest is try a few times, I've just tried again on my Nexus 7 and if I hold my finger on those lines it switches after about four seconds. Without RC connected it switches but no choice of firmware, however with RC connected and powered up it then offers me the option of rolling back to 1.6, or even 1.5.80.

Android 1.6 rollback

Android 1.6 rollback
Switch Icon - Copy.jpg
2016-10-30
Use props
wor_nh
lvl.1

United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-10-31 09:52
Only thing I can suggest is try a few times, I've just tried again on my Nexus 7 and if I hold my f ...

Thank you for your help, but I still can't get it.  I have occasionally been able to get the firmware download option up but only when I am disconnected from the RC and as you have pointed out, it does not give me any firmware options.

Most of the time, I just hit the 3 horizontal bars and absolutely nothing  happens.  I seem to need to restart my Samsung device just to have a chance to get it to work but it never works with the RC connected.

This drone has been nothing but a pain in the you know what!
2016-10-30
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

wor_nh Posted at 2016-10-31 03:20
Thank you for your help, but I still can't get it.  I have occasionally been able to get the firmw ...

To be honest it sounds more like an issue with the display device, I think you already pointed towards that when you tried the iPhone 6 (working).

I can't see the Tab A on their list of supported devices, so it may just have been overtaken with the technology moving forward. If it worked well enough on a previous build of DJI Go, I would try rolling back to that.

OR Use your iPhone 6 to roll back the RC to 1.6, same procedure except you push and hold the graduation hat.
2016-10-31
Use props
fansb6e07ce9
lvl.3
Flight distance : 38586 ft
United Kingdom

RemusE Posted at 2016-10-21 16:18
Sorry I had to go and did not have the time to elaborate my answer. DJI wanted a screenshot of the ...

Did you get t problem resolved?   I saw the same cautionary message `No use.....etc`  for the first time a week ago.  Visual sensors recalibrated but message still appears occasionally.  No other effect so far.  Would appreciate advice from others who have encountered this.     
2016-11-3
Use props
fans09250969
lvl.1

United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-10-31 06:24
To be honest it sounds more like an issue with the display device, I think you already pointed towa ...

I finally got it to work.  Don't ask me how.  It took over 2 hours and I swear that when it worked, it was nothing I did that I had not tried before.  I think this software is buggy with the device I am using.
2016-11-3
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules