Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Phantom 3 is not recognized by apps
1494 7 2016-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rsw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 116736 ft

I just recieved a refurbished Phantom 3 Pro. The problem is that the DJI Go app only allows me to select Inspire models to open the camera interface but then says it's disconnected. I've tried this on both Android (Galaxy S5) and iPad.
I can operate the gimbal on the drone but cannot start the motors. Also the Litchi app cannot connect. it seems to be a problem with the controller. I know the contrller was not tested with this aircraft before shipping because I had to link it. It has the latest firmware. I've read of others having this problem. Is there a solution? Very disaaponting becuase I bought this for an upcoming trip.

2016-10-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please try to change a original usb cable to link your mobile with the RC?
And what's the app version on your S5 and Ipad?
2016-10-18
Use props
rsw
Second Officer

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-19 15:45
Could you please try to change a original usb cable to link your mobile with the RC?
And what's the  ...

I have tried the original USB cable, the one supplied with the unit and another one I have as well. Neither work. The app version is 3.0.0.

Another thing I noticed is that the controller will not update the firmware when a USB drive with the .BIN file is plugged in and it's powered up. The aircraft updates fine.

1. Won't recognize the aircraft with multiple apps and devices.
2. Won't update the firmware on the controller.

The thing in common is the USB port on the controller or the controller is faulty.
2016-10-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

rsw Posted at 2016-10-19 20:27
I have tried the original USB cable, the one supplied with the unit and another one I have as well ...

It's probably a hardware issue.
By the way,if you could connect your mobile with the controller, you can do the update for the RC via app.
I'd suggest you to get in touch with our tech support and send it in for fixing.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Could you please clarify what area are you located in?
2016-10-19
Use props
rsw
Second Officer

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-20 09:22
It's probably a hardware issue.
By the way,if you could connect your mobile with the controller, yo ...

I cannot update the RC via the app because the app does not recognize RC or aircraft. I have been reading the forums. There are MANY people experiencing  the same thing for MANY months with no solution. The consensus is that there is a mismatch on the RC firmware, but, the firmware cannot be updated via the app if the app cannot recognize the aircraft. Sending the entire package in for repair is not an adequate solution. I have submitted a request for warranty repair/replacement, and I'm told my request is being considered, but that is a wholly inadequate response to someone whose aircraft is inoperable right out of the box.
2016-10-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

rsw Posted at 2016-10-20 10:50
I cannot update the RC via the app because the app does not recognize RC or aircraft. I have been  ...

Sorry for the frustration.
You need to send it in and our engineers will evaluate your drone first.
If it's the manufacturing defect and accord with DJI DOA policy,our support team will provide an update for you.
Thanks for your understanding.
2016-10-19
Use props
rsw
Second Officer

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-20 11:39
Sorry for the frustration.
You need to send it in and our engineers will evaluate your drone first ...

Thanks for your help. I was frustrated but I figured it out.
The Android device needs to be put in “file transfer” mode rather than “charging” mode. The DJI Go app needs to be uninstalled and reinstalled while this mode is active. Once I could connect I could update the firmware on the RC. There are a lot of people having the same problem. Please share this info.

Thanks.
2016-10-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

rsw Posted at 2016-10-20 12:27
Thanks for your help. I was frustrated but I figured it out.
The Android device needs to be put in ...

Many thanks for your update.
Hope you enjoy your flight.
2016-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules