RC link to AC, Green LED ?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wmcvey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

[size=14.6667px]Was just thinking about that green LED on the RC when it's linked up with the AC. Can someone explain to me how the RC knows it's still linked to the AC in flight. Is it getting feedback via the 5.8mhz control signal, or using the Wi-Fi @ 2.4mhz telemetry down link to get confirmation that the AC is still under RC control? If it's the latter, than the two signals are reliant on each other. In other words if either was to lose connectivity then RTH would begin. Or does the control at 5.8 mhz receive its own confirmation on that band.
2016-10-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Generally speaking, solid green led on the remote means your AC is linked to RC properly, but you could double check whether the RC can control aircraft.
If they disconnected with each other, the led on remote will turns to be red, then you cannot control aircraft, there will be a notice pops out on the APP "RC signal lost" as well.
Under the situation, if home point was successfully recorded and GPS is functioning normal, failsafe RTH will be automatically activated if the remote signal lost for more than 3 seconds.
For details, please check the manual here:
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... al_v1.4_en_0112.pdf
2016-10-19
Use props
wmcvey
lvl.4
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-10-19 22:32
Generally speaking, solid green led on the remote means your AC is linked to RC properly, but you co ...

Thanks for the reply, but my question was more technical. How does the RC know the link is lost. I know very well what happens when it is lost. I'm wanting to know if the link confirmation goes to the RC via the telemetry (wifi 2.4mhz), or via 5.8mhz control signal itself.
2016-10-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

wmcvey Posted at 2016-10-20 11:06
Thanks for the reply, but my question was more technical. How does the RC know the link is lost. I ...

Via 5.8MHz.
2016-10-19
Use props
wmcvey
lvl.4
United States

Thanks for the info.
2016-10-20
Use props
wmcvey
lvl.4
United States

Being I've always thought the 5.8mhz control signal was a one way data stream from RC to AC. How does the RC know the link is good (green LED), and the AC is getting the control data.
2016-10-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules