Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Live Stream from iPhone
1062 5 2016-10-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
donsigwig
New

United Kingdom

Is it just me, or is it impossible to complete the setup of a YouTube Live Stream from an iPhone?
After typing in a description, there's nowhere to go - can't scroll the window and can't dismiss the kepboard. Hitting return just adds a newline in the description.
I'm sure there's an obvious way around this but I'm blowed if I can find it.

What now?

What now?

2016-10-19
Use props
skyphotovideo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 311791 ft
United States

maybe connect your aircraft
2016-10-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

It says " disconnected" on your APP screen, please make sure aircraft, remote and your iPhone are connected properly firstly.
If still the same case, please help clarify aircraft's model and firmware version, thanks.
2016-10-19
Use props
donsigwig
New

United Kingdom

The aircraft was connected when I was doing this. Its just the screenshot I took was after I unplugged everything.

But whether the aircraft is connected or not does not change the fact that I cannot move out of the description field. There may well be a button beneath it that says "Start live stream" for all I know, but there appears to be no way to get to it because its obscured by the keyboard.
The aircraft is a Phantom 3 Advanced.
App version: 3.0.1
Firmware: 1.9.60

2016-10-20
Use props
donsigwig
New

United Kingdom

donsigwig Posted at 2016-10-20 10:09
The aircraft was connected when I was doing this. Its just the screenshot I took was after I unplugg ...

As a further update, I managed to achieve a live stream today.

I went through the process again, but this time the iOS keyboard popped out as if the phone was being held in portrait mode, even though it wasn't. So the keyboard was sideways on. Go figure.

Anyway this quirk allowed me to see the big red "Start" button and I could progress.

As it happens the stream was hopelessly delayed (YouTube was about a minute behind real-time), but that's another story. At least I got it working.

I think the UI for this within the app needs to be re-thought out though. On an iPad you would have no problems because there is a button to dismiss the keyboard. Unfortunately not the case on the iPhone.
2016-10-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

donsigwig Posted at 2016-10-20 17:35
As a further update, I managed to achieve a live stream today.

I went through the process again,  ...

Glad to hear you make it finally, thanks for updating.
2016-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules