Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO app no longer works with Osmo
3161 19 2016-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FauxFilm
lvl.3
United States

I've never had any trouble with the DJI GO app until today.

We went on a shoot today, using the Osmo.  When I was ready to power up and connect though, I noticed the DJI GO app had installed an update (on my Samsung Galaxy S5, running Android 6.0.1).

I can now launch the app, but have no luck with using it with the Osmo.

The app will begin, but when I try to connect to the camera I immediately get a black screen that just sits there.  After a few seconds any touch of a button or the screen gives me the warning window "UNFORTUNATELY DJI GO APP HAS STOPPED."  

Attempts to restart the app are futile.  

I have uninstalled and re-downloaded and re-installed the DJI GO app twice, and get no better luck.

I DO have the previous version of the app installed on two Samsung tablets, and they WILL connect with and talk with the camera successfully (but these are not usable for actual shooting, they are large tablets and their processors are too slow for fast streaming).

Has anyone else see this?  Is there any way to find/install the previous version of the app (I don't know any way to do that).

We are wrapping up a gigantic shoot that has almost 90 location scenes that have been shot exclusively with the Osmo (and look great), and I don't want to change cameras with just three scenes to go.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Much thanks,
Todd

2016-10-20
Use props
FauxFilm
lvl.3
United States

DJI GO app no longer works with Osmo

I've never had any trouble with the DJI GO app until today.

We went on a shoot today, using the Osmo.  When I was ready to power up and connect though, I noticed the DJI GO app had installed an update (on my Samsung Galaxy S5, running Android 6.0.1).

I can now launch the app, but have no luck with using it with the Osmo.

The app will begin, but when I try to connect to the camera I immediately get a black screen that just sits there.  After a few seconds any touch of a button or the screen gives me the warning window "UNFORTUNATELY DJI GO APP HAS STOPPED."  

Attempts to restart the app are futile.  

I have uninstalled and re-downloaded and re-installed the DJI GO app twice, and get no better luck.

I DO have the previous version of the app installed on two Samsung tablets, and they WILL connect with and talk with the camera successfully (but these are not usable for actual shooting, they are large tablets and their processors are too slow for fast streaming).

Has anyone else see this?  Is there any way to find/install the previous version of the app (I don't know any way to do that).

We are wrapping up a gigantic shoot that has almost 90 location scenes that have been shot exclusively with the Osmo (and look great), and I don't want to change cameras with just three scenes to go.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Much thanks,
Todd
2016-10-20
Use props
jaimechung22
lvl.1
Panama

I had the same problem. You just have to uninstall your actual version of DJI GO which is 3.0.0 and install a previous one which can be found at the following link:

https://apkpure.com/dji-go/dji.pilot

I installed version 2.9.1 and it works OK.

Maybe you can help me. I need you to recommend me an LG or SAMSUNG or SONY smartphone with more than enough processing  power to handle the fast streaming needs of DJI GO with an Osmo+ that I just bought today. I need that the video I see when recording won't stutter at all. I will be recording 1080p and 4K videos.
Your help and advice in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much,
Jaime Chung

Hope the link I sent may help you.
Greetings from Panama, R.P.
2016-10-20
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

jaimechung22 Posted at 2016-10-21 08:53
I had the same problem. You just have to uninstall your actual version of DJI GO which is 3.0.0 and  ...

LG g3 and above, Samsung S5 and above, will all work fine
2016-10-20
Use props
furetto1212
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144931 ft
Italy

Hj,
I have the same problem with my Samsung galaxy s7 !!
2016-10-21
Use props
FauxFilm
lvl.3
United States

jaimechung22 Posted at 2016-10-20 19:53
I had the same problem. You just have to uninstall your actual version of DJI GO which is 3.0.0 and  ...

Thanks for the app tip Jaime, I will try that.

As for which phone, I can only speak to the only one I have ever used with it, the Samsung Galaxy S5.  It always had enough power to stream well and worked just fine... until yesterday when I started having the app problems.

Todd

2016-10-21
Use props
RegDawg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 54091 ft
United States

Thats not cool at all.....DJI GO need to be fixed ASAP.
2016-10-21
Use props
FauxFilm
lvl.3
United States

RegDawg Posted at 2016-10-21 10:23
Thats not cool at all.....DJI GO need to be fixed ASAP.

Well, I have spent a great deal of time on the phone yesterday and today speaking with tech support people.  They of course suggested all the things that I had already tried again and again (re-installing the app, updating the firmware on the Osmo, taking the battery out and putting it back in, various settings changes), all to no avail of course.

Finally, the last tech guy conceded that there was a problem with the app itself, and that he would have to submit a report to developers to try to fix it... in his words, "In about a week."

Just in passing as I was hanging up I asked "Can't I just re-install the previous version?" (which worked perfectly).  He said "Sure" and sent me a download link for the apk file.  I uninstalled the current version, downloaded and re-installed the last version (2.9.1), and it works just as it should.  

I just wish someone at DJI had suggested that before, at least as a stop-gap measure.  It looks to me that the last app update really didn't do anything other than add Mavic support, which I don't need.

SO... if anyone else is having trouble I suggest rolling back to the previous version... which you can find here:
https://appraw.com/apk/dji-go-apk-download-op8bv

Hopefully they will have a new version that works soon.
2016-10-21
Use props
FauxFilm
lvl.3
United States

Well, I have spent a great deal of time on the phone yesterday and today speaking with tech support people.  They of course suggested all the things that I had already tried again and again (re-installing the app, updating the firmware on the Osmo, taking the battery out and putting it back in, various settings changes), all to no avail of course.

Finally, the last tech guy conceded that there was a problem with the app itself, and that he would have to submit a report to developers to try to fix it... in his words, "In about a week."

Just in passing as I was hanging up I asked "Can't I just re-install the previous version?" (which worked perfectly).  He said "Sure" and sent me a download link for the apk file.  I uninstalled the current version, downloaded and re-installed the last version (2.9.1), and it works just as it should.  

I just wish someone at DJI had suggested that before, at least as a stop-gap measure.  It looks to me that the last app update really didn't do anything other than add Mavic support, which I don't need.

SO... if anyone else is having trouble I suggest rolling back to the previous version... which you can find here:
https://appraw.com/apk/dji-go-apk-download-op8bv

Hopefully they will have a new version that works soon.
2016-10-21
Use props
Troubleshooter
lvl.4
  • >>>

wow that sucks smh
2016-10-21
Use props
stavrossid
lvl.1
Flight distance : 334570 ft
Greece

Go App 3.0.0 has serious problems in both IOS and Android phones and Osmos and Phantoms....

I had lots of problems with my Phantom and when I went back to 2.9.1 everything worked great.
A 3.0.1 rolled out in ios but I dont think I will update again the app.
2016-10-22
Use props
7secrets
lvl.1

Germany

FauxFilm Posted at 2016-10-22 04:43
Well, I have spent a great deal of time on the phone yesterday and today speaking with tech suppor ...

Thank you so much for this link, FauxFilm!
I had to downgrade, too because of the same problem: DJI GoApp stopped on Galaxy7 when I try to connect with OSMO. But the connection with the Phantom 4 workes fine.
... waiting for the App update that hopefully fix that :/
Have a nice day!
2016-10-22
Use props
alekopoulos
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51834 ft

The same problem for me with GoApp 3.0... I installed version 2.9.1 and worked fine on Android. The problem is that hte app crashed while i was flilming a paid job... Sometimes these things suck so much...
Please note that GoApp 3.0.1 on iOS works fine...
2016-10-23
Use props
FauxFilm
lvl.3
United States

One word of warning... be sure you turn OFF automatic app updating.

My Osmo was working fine Friday with the downgraded app... but I get to a shoot this morning and it's crashing again.  Apparently auto updating (which I thought I had turned off) had re-installed the new current (and faulty) app again.   I had to leave my cast and crew waiting around while I went through the uninstall and re-download-and-install procedure again so that I was using version 2.9.1 again.  Grrr.

Hopefully DJI will have a new AND WORKING app soon.
2016-10-24
Use props
FauxFilm
lvl.3
United States

My Osmo was working fine Friday with the downgraded app... but I get to a shoot this morning and it's crashing again.  Apparently auto updating (which I thought I had turned off) had re-installed the new current (and faulty) app again.   I had to leave my cast and crew waiting around while I went through the uninstall and re-download-and-install procedure again so that I was using version 2.9.1 again.  Grrr.
2016-10-24
Use props
FauxFilm
lvl.3
United States

Well I just installed 3.0.1, and it does seem to work.... thankfully.  I DO think I'm going to keep the link for 2.9.1 handly for a little while, though.

Glad DJI got on it fairly quickly.

2016-10-25
Use props
lauren
lvl.4
Flight distance : 969452 ft
  • >>>
United States

Folks, I fixed mine (Android HTC M8).
Rock solid money maker until the last update and it crapped out.
How did I fix it?
1) Uninstall the DJI Go app
2) Restart your phone
3) Connect your phone to your computer
4) Go to your phone and find all the directories that have "DJI" associated with them.
5) Go through those directories and save/backup anything that might be lost - pictures, videos, etc. etc.
6) Delete all the directories after you are sure you have everything of value.
7) Re-install the DJI Go App
8) Everything should work perfectly again.

Obviously there must have been a file or two that corrupted during the install.
No need to freak out. Everything will work out.
2016-10-25
Use props
lauren
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

alekopoulos Posted at 2016-10-23 10:31
The same problem for me with GoApp 3.0... I installed version 2.9.1 and worked fine on Android. The  ...

Yep. Same thing happened to me. Check my solution out.
2016-10-25
Use props
lauren
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

FauxFilm Posted at 2016-10-24 10:34

My Osmo was working fine Friday ...

Yep. Same thing happened to me. Check my solution out.
2016-10-25
Use props
lauren
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I too had my Osmo stop working on a shoot.
Lost a day's work, and I waited...for over a week..nothing.
Took matters into my own hands.
Fixed. Done. Back to work.
2016-10-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules