Gimbal pitch command through fram movement
914 2 2016-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
x2EkCkz6oYPr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8215 ft
United States

I have a Phantom 2 Vision Plus. The stock camera and gimbal have been removed. I am now using a China gimbal I found on Amazon with a GoPro. Everything is installed and powered up including a connection to the NAZA board to control pitch through my RC. However I discovered a problem. Instead of balancing the pitch of the drone, the gimbal is somehow taking the movement of the frame as input to activate pitch movement up and down. So if the drone would tilt up, the gimbal would pitch all the down to the maximum position and stay there. Just like I would use the lever on my RC to pitch the camera up and down. I have tried to find anything in the gimbal board settings to switch this off but was not successful. Is this a hardware issue of the gimbal or am I just not finding the right bottom in the set up to switch this off. Is this maybe related to a set up issue of the drone itself and not the gimbal? Hope you guys can help.
Thanks
2016-10-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, Phantom 2 Vision Plus does not support a GoPro.
2016-10-20
Use props
x2EkCkz6oYPr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8215 ft
United States

Hi, DJI Natalia,
I understand all the limitations of using a China Gimbal/GoPro with the Vision 2. I am not aiming at getting the full functionality (although I know, there are hacks for it). I simply want to connect the China Gimbal with NAZA board to control pitch of the gimbal. It is just one simple wire. The problem I have though is ( I did a little more digging), that the tilt of the drone for some reason causes the NAZA board to send a RC_Pitch signal to the gimbal. I checked this by looking at the real time data on the Gimbal GUI. Somewhere I read, that this effect might be called the Follow or Follow View Function. Simply said, the gimbal is reacting to the tilt of the drone same way as if I would move the lever on my RC to pitch the gimbal up down. Does anyone know how to switch this off?
2016-10-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules