Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Casey Neistat Breaking Things
12Next >
5659 71 2016-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
watuse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2064587 ft
Spain

DJI dont give him nor anymore mavic pro to any youtubers, especially this guy he wants everything for free he does not like to pay for things.
2016-10-20
Use props
Anoniem
First Officer
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

Why would you care...
2016-10-20
Use props
cjmc
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Yeah exactly. Why do you care? Don't watch him if it's annoys you but he will keep getting free stuff because he's got 5.5m subscribers and averages over 60m views a month
2016-10-20
Use props
Riotcontrol
lvl.4

Personally I like how he handles his equipment!  I like the entertainment value of it and it shows me how resilient the gear is.
2016-10-20
Use props
watuse
Second Officer
Spain

why, so if he makes that much money why want to get shit for free pay it, like the rest of us all do to get stuff.
2016-10-20
Use props
watuse
Second Officer
Spain

Riotcontrol Posted at 2016-10-21 15:03
Personally I like how he handles his equipment!  I like the entertainment value of it and it shows m ...

nothing is resilient, as of today you could drop or try to break anything and still nothing is manufacture to last like things were done 40 years ago.... But if you take care of the shit it will last you a long time.
2016-10-20
Use props
Travis199
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144039 ft
United Kingdom

watuse Posted at 2016-10-21 08:13
why, so if he makes that much money why want to get shit for free pay it, like the rest of us all  ...

because hes essentially giving away advertising for very little, do you think DJI could hit a wider audience with the cost of 1 Mavic? nope....its how the world works
2016-10-20
Use props
kevinelliott
Second Officer
Flight distance : 354131 ft

watuse Posted at 2016-10-21 15:13
why, so if he makes that much money why want to get shit for free pay it, like the rest of us all  ...

Sadly this is the way the world works. All celebrities, actors, famous business people, etc get free things. This is because the brands/companies that give to them perceive some value by giving them those things.

Sometimes it's because they will publicly flaunt the product, bringing awareness to the public. Sometimes it's because they want their future business. Sometimes it's because someone in the media will hear about it and will write about it.

It's certainly not because they can't afford it. It's because of their power.
I mean look... I am a verified Google+ and YouTube account. But I have like 50 subscribers. Do you think DJI is going to give me one for free? NOPE! (But I can wish ;))
2016-10-21
Use props
watuse
Second Officer
Spain

kevinelliott Posted at 2016-10-21 16:20
Sadly this is the way the world works. All celebrities, actors, famous business people, etc get fre ...

I totally agree with you, I wrote an article in the mavic shipping about this, because people are upset with the shipping and seeing how Casey and now iJustine lost their drones in the same way flying over aquatic and long distant careless way. This campaign of advertisement was unnecessary, really DJI is famous for making top drones. They should not given many youtubers a drone for free, Just the presentation alone had me sold, and its going to be my first drone and first time owning one. Everyone now copies the type of Apple keynote presentation, why because it sells the product even if they cannot meet demand. So basically to advertise it with youtubers is kind of rubbing it in the people faces who went out bought one and DJI did not keep their promise for shipment. If apple were to give iPhones to all the tech reviews or some high subcriber volume tech reviewer, that alone makes a company look desperate, especially when people preorder and don't get their product as promise... Till this day I have not seen apple give a iPhone or computer or any of their product on the day of the presentation to a youtuber. I am waiting for Jon Olson to lose his while flying in the beach, he did lose a phantom he purchase in the med sea, and went out and purchase another one and seeing videos lately of him he is practically like the rest careless, funny though he is very careless. Jon, iJustine, and Casey are careless people
But like you said they have more subs and the poor move of DJI by using them as an advertising campaign is a bad move. What was DJI thinking if they put those people their product in hands what you expect, to think you would still meet the high demand of many people, who did not purchase a drone because of the non practicality of lugging a drone like the Phantom. I mean I have friends with the phantom and I love seeing their footage, even the apple tv 4gen video aerial screen shots are done with drones.. But what put me back in wanting to buy one was its portability and like me I bet there were thousand who was awaiting for this kind of drone. I saw the go pro, and had me thinking about it... But when I saw the mavic; I was like wow, I am sold.
2016-10-21
Use props
owenlees
lvl.1

United Kingdom

watuse Posted at 2016-10-21 09:50
I totally agree with you, I wrote an article in the mavic shipping about this, because people are u ...

For heavens sake, tone down the petulant ranting. I would imagine DJI increased sales by a serious amount  giving one to the You Tube crowd, if I was in this business I'd do exactly the same.

"No publicity is bad publicity" - rings true still.

Work hard, make your mark on the world and you too can get free stuff. Less time spent whining about how unfair the world is and more time spent doing something about it might just reap rewards.
2016-10-21
Use props
watuse
Second Officer
Spain

owenlees Posted at 2016-10-21 17:54
For heavens sake, tone down the petulant ranting. I would imagine DJI increased sales by a serious ...

I love your answer coming from a person that is from someone ancestors, who only think about greed, don't care about the rest, only me, and me, and only me...... It shows the kind of people you are, like some of Europeans coming out of here, with this idealism of the Christopher Columbus syndrome.. The type of idealism that no one is equal.. Of coarse no one is equal, when it comes to the monetary amounts in the bank. Greed is a genetic disease, if no research has been done, is because there is a small group of people, who don't want people to know about this, my opinion in reality is a fact... I don't need hard evidence, I don't see how humanity could be like this....
2016-10-21
Use props
owenlees
lvl.1

United Kingdom

watuse Posted at 2016-10-21 11:49
I love your answer coming from a person that is from someone ancestors, who only think about greed, ...

Ha Ha Ha, brilliant.  I'm predisposed to greed and avarice because of something that happened in 1588.

Some people simply can't let it lie.
2016-10-21
Use props
watuse
Second Officer
Spain

owenlees Posted at 2016-10-21 18:57
Ha Ha Ha, brilliant.  I'm predisposed to greed and avarice because of something that happened in 1 ...

yep I cant, its disturbing when you go to lesser economic country and you see your countrymen Brits, American, etc etc, and act like they are the rulers.. Have some humbleness, act normal, but acting like I got money I could buy your ass anytime I want, your the type, that make the rest of your countrymen, that are not like you, look bad. This behavior still goes on because when I see brits, French Germany all of more wealthy nations come to Spain in Salou acting like complete idiots, because in your nation you are repress of many things. Just saying, be a bit more humble, but what the hell its in your genes to be this way to act like you rule the world and no one else exist...
2016-10-21
Use props
Anoniem
First Officer
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

Watuse, you're from Spain.. how's the weather
2016-10-21
Use props
XDfh2UKILeWX
lvl.1

United States

He is the only reason I found out about the Mavic Pro.

He may have lost one, but he also sold one and likely countless others.
2016-10-21
Use props
watuse
Second Officer
Spain

Anoniem Posted at 2016-10-21 19:34
Watuse, you're from Spain.. how's the weather

Sunny, I am living in Spain but not from Spain, I don't have the the genetic, Christopher Columbus Syndrome. I am originally from New York city, my parents are from the Caribbean, thats why my genes are not tainted by avarice, and greed.
2016-10-21
Use props
watuse
Second Officer
Spain

XDfh2UKILeWX Posted at 2016-10-21 19:47
He is the only reason I found out about the Mavic Pro.

He may have lost one, but he also sold one a ...

Good for you, but it was not the youtubers that got me sold, it was the presentation, I saw the go pro presentation, and couple of days later I saw the DJI presentation because youtube, with its algorithm recommends you videos of shit you seen before, anything that is tagged, if they put drones in the go pro presentation it will show you a whole bunch of drones video. So no youtubers got me sold on the drone I saw the presentation and place the order a few days later.
2016-10-21
Use props
Chaser720
lvl.4
Flight distance : 400190 ft
Canada

watuse Posted at 2016-10-21 06:49
I love your answer coming from a person that is from someone ancestors, who only think about greed, ...

Just an FYI...

"What is the difference between a fact and an opinion?

A fact is a piece of information that can be strictly defined and proved true. An opinion is a statement that expresses a belief, value, or feeling. An opinion cannot be proved true or false. For example, a person's age is a fact, but if someone is asked how old they feel, it is impossible to prove the person's answer to be true or false."

http://www.apelslice.com/books/9 ... ML/c_id4632222.html
2016-10-21
Use props
NewToDroning
lvl.1
United States

watuse Posted at 2016-10-21 07:10
Good for you, but it was not the youtubers that got me sold, it was the presentation, I saw the go ...

Quoting here, "but it was not the youtubers that got me sold"
Just because you got sold over the presentation doesnt mean rest of the population did the same. I only pre-ordered this drone because I saw it Casey's video. Stop being this sore buddy...
2016-10-21
Use props
trance728
First Officer
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>

Calm your hormones. DJI is a business and giving a Mavic to these youtubers to test out saves them hundreds of thousands of dollars in advertising. Yes many people were sold after watching the product release, but many who purchased saw it through them first. It's also putting it in the hands of someone not working for DJI which gives credibility to the product in the ease of use and that it's not just a gimmick on stage. Don't complain because you're jealous of what he gets, start your own channel and build up a large subscriber base and they'll send you free things too. Success in this lifetime is more about who you know than what you know and once you have influence because of your reach people and companies want to give you products in the hopes your review will bring them more customers. My company does this as well, we always give free products to reviewers because it's a he'll of a lot cheaper than spending the money on marketing and gives a better return.
2016-10-21
Use props
ayrshireuav
lvl.4
Flight distance : 957297 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is how advertising works.  Casey has over 5m subscribers, and over 60m views a month.  He reaches audiences of all ages and of all budgets and he's just one of many successful vloggers.  Giving him a Mavic Pro, multiple Phantoms and anything else that needs promoted is a no brainer for DJI's marketing team.  If 1000 of his 5m subscribers purchase a drone thats over £1m in revenue for DJI.  Look at it this way, is it wrong that he gets free stuff or is it wrong that DJI receives millions of £'s in revenue from him getting free stuff?  Even if Casey doesnt like the product and says so, the exposure the item gets outweighs whatever review he gives it.  DJI and every other company that send him stuff win every time.  Just look at Boosted Board!
2016-10-21
Use props
trance728
First Officer
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>

Yea, he really makes me want to get a boosted board, he's been using them for a while now.
2016-10-21
Use props
Eldonbkh
Second Officer
United States

watuse Posted at 2016-10-21 16:50
I totally agree with you, I wrote an article in the mavic shipping about this, because people are u ...

DJI or any other brands will continue to give them thing because its EXPOSURE these social media influencers have huge followings. PS he does buy some of his equipment, the stuff he does get for free why would he turn it away?
2016-10-21
Use props
gwailo00852
New

Germany

Sounds like you don't have too much experience with the Internet and Casey. Disclaimer: I don't like him either, nevertheless he's entertaining. Now watch this video where he gives some background about one of his most famous videos. There he's also talking about how a video went viral (might gives you some insights).

But the most interesting part is that you see a lot of DJI stuff in this behind the scene video, not to mention that parts of the original video were recorded with a Phantom. You see? He contributes some real value to DJI, doesn't matter if he lost a Mavic or not. It's the perfect product placement for a company like DJI. Learn the facts, meet the people and calm down.

2016-10-21
Use props
Travelling Dron
lvl.3

I've noticed it too, he also treats his stuff like crap, but I also notice he has the ultimate defense force so it facilitates his success, he seems like an alright dude and he masterfully edits his footage so you can't be bored watching his 19/20 min videos, but the amount of drones he's broken is insane and him using a drone ISNT exactly good like everyone is saying, he offers zero education really, someone said he has a target market of all ages, that isn;t good because the dude is flying it in concrete cities where the drone can drop on someoens head or smash through a buildings window, this guy is a blight to drones in a negative way because he's doing so much illegal stuff with it.

Hell thats not even me saying that one of the DJI reps who talk to him beg him not to fly in the city like that, oh well.
2016-10-21
Use props
Eldonbkh
Second Officer
United States

watuse Posted at 2016-10-21 09:16
https://www.theguardian.com/scie ... uman-genomes-darwin read up, I think you misunderstood me, whe ...

Who's to say if your "genetic trash" or not?
2016-10-21
Use props
watuse
Second Officer
Spain

Travelling Dron Posted at 2016-10-22 00:25
I've noticed it too, he also treats his stuff like crap, but I also notice he has the ultimate defen ...

Thank you for once I think someone agrees with me.... on some level, I think so too he flies inside the city not only that NYC is a no fly zone so I am not surprise the drone fell off the sky.
2016-10-21
Use props
watuse
Second Officer
Spain

Eldonbkh@gmail. Posted at 2016-10-22 00:26
Who's to say if your "genetic trash" or not?

Science my friend, Science...
2016-10-21
Use props
baychilla
lvl.1

United States

The problem with Casey is he is the ultimate in imbecilic/moronic users.  Hes a case study in how you need to code around someone who has an IQ hovering lower than whale feces.  Read the manual?  Not him.  Operate in accordance with the law?  Not him.  Have an FAA part 107 cert for his commercial drone usage?  Not him.
2016-10-21
Use props
allen.rn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21827 ft
United States

watuse Posted at 2016-10-21 04:50

Where did you come up with iJustine losing her drone in the water?
2016-10-21
Use props
tV1fr835Dcq3
lvl.1

United States

allen.rn Posted at 2016-10-21 22:51

I can tell you were he pulled it from... same place as his super scientific understanding of genetics.
2016-10-21
Use props
watuse
Second Officer
Spain

allen.rn Posted at 2016-10-22 10:51

She said it in her video blog
2016-10-21
Use props
watuse
Second Officer
Spain

allen.rn Posted at 2016-10-22 10:51

here is ijustine saying that she lost the mavic pro
2016-10-21
Use props
watuse
Second Officer
Spain

baychilla Posted at 2016-10-22 10:14
The problem with Casey is he is the ultimate in imbecilic/moronic users.  Hes a case study in how yo ...

Because of people like him they create no fly zones and strict regulations for drones like another idiot in California another video blogger which almost crash is P4 in several buildings because his P4 was flying over a highway.  I am not surprise why now NYC it's a no fly zone in the entire boro of manhattan
2016-10-21
Use props
watuse
Second Officer
Spain

This guy is another dumb ass who is the Casey neistat from cali
2016-10-21
Use props
Watty2000
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1074301 ft
United Kingdom

Not only should he not be sent any free stuff, he should be banned from owning multirotors. The guy's a cretin and will only harm the hobby.
2016-10-22
Use props
watuse
Second Officer
Spain

Watty2000 Posted at 2016-10-22 18:40
Not only should he not be sent any free stuff, he should be banned from owning multirotors. The guy' ...

Thank you he makes enough money to rent a helicopter and film his retarded life and edit with the stupidity he does in NYC he made his fame for complaining, well I am not for fame but I do want is to fly my drone respectively by the rules iPhone do he has a blog but he is respectful when it comes to flying his drone.
2016-10-22
Use props
watuse
Second Officer
Spain

gwailo00852 Posted at 2016-10-21 23:30
Sounds like you don't have too much experience with the Internet and Casey. Disclaimer: I don't like ...

This video he went out when strictly the mayor of NYC said not to drive around in the city he went and  he knew he was not suppose to do it.
2016-10-22
Use props
Mpampis
lvl.3
Flight distance : 276476 ft
Germany

In my opinion dji should give him one more mavic for free! Why do you think so many companies are giving Casey so many products for free, maybe because it's a very good promotion for the companies or maybe because so many people are watching his vlogs....  
2016-10-22
Use props
watuse
Second Officer
Spain

Mpampis Posted at 2016-10-22 20:14
In my opinion dji should give him one more mavic for free! Why do you think so many companies are gi ...

Well let them give him products, but DJI should not give him anymore product if he wants it buy it.... Anyway New York city is a no fly zone for all drones I am surprise in his review of the Mavic pro the to park rangers let him fly the drone....
2016-10-22
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules