Phantom 4 settings
1448 7 2016-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Guntert
lvl.2
Flight distance : 766260 ft

So I got the Maxx UAV Modified DJI GL300C Remote and    EvoLite Kit Plus, are there any settings on the ipad I can change to get better range with video?
2016-10-20
Use props
lilsou
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1398376 ft
United States

You can manually select a channel that is more stable and lower the video bitrate to 4Mbps.
2016-10-20
Use props
Guntert
lvl.2
United States

lilsou Posted at 2016-10-21 00:40
You can manually select a channel that is more stable and lower the video bitrate to 4Mbps.

Do you mind walking me through it?
2016-10-21
Use props
lilsou
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1398376 ft
United States

There are a lot of tutorials. Here is one:
You don't have to hack the channels, but you can still change it manually but will be limited to 8 channels.
Technically it's illegal to be using the other channels.
2016-10-22
Use props
cubguy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85505 ft
United States

Guntert, I just ordered one of those, DJI - EvoLite Kit Plus. Would you post your results? I will do the same after it gets here.
2016-10-22
Use props
Guntert
lvl.2

cubguy@alaska.n Posted at 2016-10-23 03:50
Guntert, I just ordered one of those, DJI - EvoLite Kit Plus. Would you post your results? I will do ...

Sure, PM me anytime.. Im using http://healthydrones.com/ to upload all my flights auto so I can share if you want to see a flight. Im still in the testing, I am really thinking about sending my other remote to drone-world and having them mod that one with the Falcon remote minus the decal cause I just dont dig that part. Cant make up my mind. I did get further today after changing channels but still 3 miles shy of where I want to go and Im still losing signal when trying to take pictures of back yards on the lake and their lot number which is on the dock close to water. Point of using drone is to cut cost and time of 2 guys drving out to the launch lap, make sure their gas motor is full launch then park car. Then boat around the whole late while stopping at each house to take pictures. All day process sometimes. (no im not doing it for money) Father is on the board and if we could cut cost down then that money can go to something else we need. /But I can share from healthydrones.com site
2016-10-22
Use props
cubguy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85505 ft
United States

The owner of the company is really easy to deal with. He sells an adapter for the FPVLR antenna. I am going to buy that $5 piece. It is cold in Anchorage right now, I don't know how far I can go with the colder batteries. So my testing may have to wait, for it to be accurate. Still going to test it with a battery warmer, and experimenting some. I have gone over 16k feet with the stock setup in P mode at 525 feet up. I haven't tried it in S mode. It you want to try it I can send you the FPVLR antenna to try, after I get the adapter.
2016-10-23
Use props
Guntert
lvl.2

lilsou Posted at 2016-10-23 00:39
There are a lot of tutorials. Here is one: https://youtu.be/hMyqqewpk5k
You don't have to hack the c ...

Was wondering.. is there a way to open it open in auto so it scans all channels not just the 8?
2016-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules