Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phantom3ProPilo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 612825 ft
Croatia

My drone crashed again (P3Pro)
Again not my fault
My father was flying it (without a phone because he has a S7 Edge which doesn't work with DJI GO)
The remote was set on ATTI and he hasn't seen it
And he flew at night
He lifted off bit wider balcony with higher walls on 2 sides and a metal fence/rail on one side
Forth side is totally open and that's where he went
He didn't go too far away because the phone is not connected
And than he tried to land but with camera facing him so the controls are different
The drone started to drift away towards the wall
He managed to somehow slow it down before it hit the wall and it stopped but there was still some wind
And when he tried to rotate it it touched the wall flipped over and hit the metal fence/rail right in between on the camera cracking the UV filter and bending a gimbal yaw arm
It bounced off that rail and he tried to catch it but with motors still on
Propellers hit him in head and right next to his eye
When I came there I disconnected the two gimbal cables checked if the propellers are tightened and tried to fly it
It said compass stuck so I already knew what to do(hit the drone from the side that's opposite from the one that hit the ground)
Since I didn't knew which one was it I hit it from all sides turned it on and it would start the motors
It got up in air and flew normally
But when i landed the drone and tried to turn it off it wouldn't right away and the battery was flashing red
After 20-30 seconds it turned off

So why was that red light flashing and causing the drone not to turn off right away?
When my drone dropped the first time from 10 meters because of CSC it did the same thing
But when I fixed it(myself) and did all the calibrations and everything the battery wasn't flashing red(it would turn off normally without delays)

TLDR: Crashed my drone, red battery light flashing just as it did after the first crash.
IMG_20161017_193944.jpg
IMG_20161017_194035_20161018155408498_20161018160035812.jpg
2016-10-21
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Ouch!  Looks like your Dad just bought a Phantom...
2016-10-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry about your crash, and as Gil said, looks like your dad owes you a Phantom.
As far as the battery not turning off immediately. sometimes it may do that if there's an error or if information is still being relayed from the battery to the aircraft.
But anyways, I'm sure the crash has something to do with it.
Again, I'm sorry your dad wrecked your Phantom.You can call 818-235-0789 and send it in for repair.
2016-10-21
Use props
Phantom3ProPilo
lvl.4
Croatia

I don't think I'll send it in because I don't want to wait too long for a repair because I need the drone
I will replace it myself and I think it would keep the cost lower because of shipping and etc.
I have to replace the UV filter and a yaw arm for the second time
If something else has malfunctioned(something inside the drone I will send it in for a repair because I probably won't be able to replace it myself)
2016-10-21
Use props
Phantom3ProPilo
lvl.4
Croatia

I think the sound is from the VPSGimbal works but it's just disconnected

2016-10-21
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Note to self:  Dads and drones don't mix.

Sorry for your dads crash.

2016-10-21
Use props
Phantom3ProPilo
lvl.4
Croatia

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-10-22 09:34
Note to self:  Dads and drones don't mix.

Sorry for your dads crash.

Lesson learned
But he actually knows how to fly it
If he checked what mode was it on (ATTI or GPS) he wouldn't have crashed...
2016-10-21
Use props
Phantom3ProPilo
lvl.4
Croatia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-21 22:39
Sorry about your crash, and as Gil said, looks like your dad owes you a Phantom.
As far as the batte ...

But I had the same situation with the battery when I had my first crash and  after I replaced the yaw arm it worked
Could the battery flash red if the two cables from the gimbal aren't connected to the drone?
2016-10-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Phantom3ProPilo Posted at 2016-10-22 16:04
But I had the same situation with the battery when I had my first crash and  after I replaced the y ...

No, the battery LED's are only indicators having to do with the battery.If the cables are not connected from the gimbal, you would see "Disconnected"
2016-10-22
Use props
Phantom3ProPilo
lvl.4
Croatia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-22 19:36
No, the battery LED's are only indicators having to do with the battery.If the cables are not conne ...

I don't get disconnected or any error, instead I have the usual stuff that appear(Aircraft warming up, Safe to fly, etc.)
I flew it today and it seemed normal so there's really no need to send it in for a repair
Thanks
2016-10-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Phantom3ProPilo Posted at 2016-10-23 03:03
I don't get disconnected or any error, instead I have the usual stuff that appear(Aircraft warming ...

I think you do need to send it in for repair if the gimbal is not working and you get no picture?
If the cables are firmly pressed in and the gimbal does nothing on startup then something is broken.
It's been crashed, it's not functioning properly and I would send it in or find a repair shop in your area but totally up to you.
2016-10-22
Use props
Phantom3ProPilo
lvl.4
Croatia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-23 01:41
I think you do need to send it in for repair if the gimbal is not working and you get no picture?

The gimbal does work
But I've disconnected it because the yaw arm is bent and the gimbal doesn't stay in level
And I also wanted to ask something.
There are two cables on the gimbal that connect to the drone
Which cable is for camera and which one is for gimbal?
Or it isn't possible to only connect the canera withour the gimbal
2016-10-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Phantom3ProPilo Posted at 2016-10-23 14:12
The gimbal does work
But I've disconnected it because the yaw arm is bent and the gimbal doesn't s ...

It would be hard to determine which ones are which without a picture. You are able to fly a P3 Pro or P3 Advanced without the gimbal attached.
2016-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules