Wish List for Mavic Pro Second Generation
123Next >
7578 99 2016-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cactus Bert
lvl.3

Canada

What is your wish list for the next Mavic Pro release? Mavic Pro second addition. I think it's good to let the DJI engineering department know what we would like to see in regards to upgrades. Then they can decide if it's feasible.
Mine are:

Sensors all around, up - down, forward - backwards.
Ability to take a snap shot photo while filming video in 4K.

2016-10-21
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

Down hill tracking. Auto Focus. Mount on remote to handle iPad mini.
2016-10-21
Use props
HFI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904990 ft
  • >>>
United States

Half the size, twice as fast, 3 x the battery life, oh and before I forget buy one get one free
2016-10-21
Use props
Airwater
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1517057 ft
United Kingdom

Agree on the sensors also...
HDR
40 min battery life
2016-10-21
Use props
trance728
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>

Make it silent, that would be the ultimate drone if ever possible.
2016-10-21
Use props
Travelling Dron
lvl.2

I heard a huge thing people want is "water proofing"  imagine a drone that turned into a submarine-drone lol
2016-10-21
Use props
trance728
lvl.4
  • >>>

With sensors all around I'd like to see a follow mode where the drone stays in front of you facing you and going backwards.
2016-10-21
Use props
congyuan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51404 ft
Singapore

Jake Phantom 3  Posted at 2016-10-22 08:09

there seems to already be autofocus in the current model

http://www.dji.com/mobile/mavic/info

Focus is essential to capturing sharp images. To enable auto focus:
1. Tap the screen in the DJI GO app camera interface.
2. Long tap the screen to enable auto focus when using ActiveTrack, TapFly and Gesture modes. (This function needs to be enabled in General Settings)
3. Focus at the center by pressing a customizable button. C1 is set by default and can be used during normal flight or while using Intelligent Flight Modes.
2016-10-21
Use props
Axiom
lvl.2

Canada

My wish list:  Get better servers so they don't crash when everywhere is trying to pre-order, Deliver on Time, Include USB-C plug.
2016-10-21
Use props
T_A_Rogers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68537 ft
United States

Axiom Posted at 2016-10-22 09:16
My wish list:  Get better servers so they don't crash when everywhere is trying to pre-order, Delive ...

USB-C will be included naturally when enough of the market is using USB-C devices. Pretty slim # of phone models out with this at the moment. (Had the Galaxy S7 not come with USB-C 6 months ago, nobody in this thread would care)
2016-10-21
Use props
Axiom
lvl.2

Canada

T_A_Rogers Posted at 2016-10-21 21:25
USB-C will be included naturally when enough of the market is using USB-C devices. Pretty slim # o ...

USB-C came out last year on the Nexus 6p and Nexus 5x. Samsung needed fast charge and therefore had to use USB-C. This year the Google Pixel is out and USB-C will be the norm in the Android world.  So yes, USB-C is just as important as any other port.
2016-10-21
Use props
Virgil Cameron
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22320 ft
Netherlands

smaller with better batery life would be nice
2016-10-21
Use props
Virgil Cameron
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22320 ft
Netherlands

And ofcourse less hassle with the release haah
2016-10-21
Use props
2000vadasz2
lvl.3

ok so some things 40 min flight time 360 obstical avoidance can go 60 mph (for racing) be able to hold an iPad, be able to hook up a iPad, and stealth props so it is quite.
2016-10-21
Use props
buzzbuzz
New

New Zealand

T_A_Rogers Posted at 2016-10-22 14:25
USB-C will be included naturally when enough of the market is using USB-C devices. Pretty slim # o ...

Actually, in the last few days DJI said they will include a USB-C cable with the Mavic Pro as standard, emails have already been sent to various people who've ordered them, and DJI have updated their mavic info website, and "what's in the box" package for store as well, which includes lightning, micro USB and USB-C connectors
http://store.dji.com/product/mavic-pro?from=menu_products#/box

http://www.dji.com/mavic/info

5. What Remote Controller Cables are included with the Mavic upon purchase?Three cables are included in the box: one with Lightning connector, one with a standard Micro-USB connector and the third one is the USB Type-C connector

2016-10-21
Use props
Lepus
lvl.3

Canada

Front and rear cameras and sensors.
2016-10-21
Use props
Morgon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 104393 ft
United States

Jake Phantom 3  Posted at 2016-10-21 20:09

I don't think we'll need a Mavic Pro 2 to get downhill tracking - I'd be willing to bet that it's just a firmware update away (the timing of which I would most certainly not bet on, however )
2016-10-21
Use props
W.Bonato
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1302 ft
Switzerland

Camera vetical rotation from -90° to 90°, without seeing propellers.
More time fly battery.
Camera sensor improvement.
2016-10-21
Use props
zfdtruckman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1348 ft

Don't do a pre-order so we don't have to listen to crybabies.
2016-10-21
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

W.Bonato Posted at 2016-10-22 14:43
Camera vetical rotation from -90° to 90°, without seeing propellers.
More time fly battery.
Camera ...

The camera on the Mavic already rotates to portrait format.
2016-10-21
Use props
Axiom
lvl.2

Canada

buzzbuzz Posted at 2016-10-21 21:47
Actually, in the last few days DJI said they will include a USB-C cable with the Mavic Pro as stan ...

Thanks! I guess I don't need a mavic 2 after all. Unless we're talking about adding a nerf shooter and small nano drones that shoot out of the top that create an immersive 3d video experience (of course the nano drones would also fix the Mavic in case of malfunctions in flight).

That's it. Okay maybe a stabilized cup holder too in the back for when I need to make frequent visits to the beach bar.

Okay that's it.
2016-10-21
Use props
Brandon00151
lvl.3
Flight distance : 119137 ft
United States

35 minute battery  life
Optical zoom
50 mph.
5 mile range.
front and rear obstacle avoidance.  
2016-10-21
Use props
Cactus Bert
lvl.3

Canada

Travelling Dron Posted at 2016-10-21 17:33
I heard a huge thing people want is "water proofing"  imagine a drone that turned into a submarine-d ...

Yes waterproofing is a big deal! (VERY IMPORTANT) It would be nice if you could still fly if it encountered a small amount of rain. Also not having to worry about landing on wet grass. The submarine? I think I would rather it stayed above water and floated if it went down accidentally over water.
The silent mode would be nice if it was in tripod. Especially if it included the ability to record sound. Great for wildlife!
2016-10-21
Use props
Stormsys
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I hope the second generation comes with better customer service, shipping on time and in order - not sure how technical of a challenge that is with today's technology
2016-10-21
Use props
erneststrauss3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29406 ft

One that delivers itself carrying two extra batteries and arrives before the delivery date.
2016-10-21
Use props
banned
lvl.2

Germany

100 mbps
2016-10-21
Use props
interceptorx5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 397 ft
Australia

Well I see everyone missed the HDMI out for us FPV flying.
2016-10-21
Use props
O-Face
lvl.1

United States

How about link via 4G LTE cell?  If you can get service you never lose range/signal.  It would be great for those times you "accidentally" go behind a large object and lose signal.
2016-10-21
Use props
Maverikster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 24672 ft
Netherlands

Longer battery life
Faster
More silent
360 obstacle avoidance
3rd party goggles connectivity
2016-10-21
Use props
W.Bonato
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1302 ft
Switzerland

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-10-22 06:23
The camera on the Mavic already rotates to portrait format.

I mean i want to look up. If i am in an interior or under a bridge, for example, i want to have the possibility to look at the ceiling with the camera.
2016-10-21
Use props
astrosparky10
lvl.1
Flight distance : 246030 ft
New Zealand

Ability to yaw camera 90° left and right, all electrontronics sprayed with waterproofing film to waterproof drone, LOUD lost beeper if drone is seperated from controller during accidental loss or crash or tree landing or down in rough so drone can be more easily pinpointed.
2016-10-22
Use props
kevinljxljx
Banned

China

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-10-22
Use props
gt3rs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 280056 ft

At least 100 mbps for 4k 30p and 200 mbps for 4k 60p
Larger sensor maybe 1″, best would be micro 4/3 but then camera and lens would probably too big for the size of Mavic.
Not going to happen but a lens with aperture. Even better with aperture and ND but yeah I'm dreaming.
2016-10-22
Use props
trance728
lvl.4
  • >>>

360 camera for VR
2016-10-22
Use props
StigNygaard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357169 ft
Denmark

Well, haven't even received "Mavic I" yet and don't have much experience with other drones, but let's dream and play the game anyway :-) ...

1) Wider lens (FOV) - I imagine for landscape I will prefer a wider lens than the current 28mm (35mm format equivalent).

2) Better camera - The camera is supposed to be "good" already, but as a photo-nerd I'm never fully satisfied ;-) The sensor in Mavic should be a 1/2.3” and that's actually same size as the sensor in many new smartphones (for example Google Pixel which is approx. 8.5mm thick at the camera), so even though it is important to keep the drone light and compact, I'm thinking there's a potential for stepping up a bit in sensor size?...

3) Batteries for flying in colder weather - I don't no much about battery-types, but if possible it would be nice? Maybe also better resistance to humidity or light rain? But of course I still want the drone to be light and compact, so maybe that is a dream better to be fulfilled by another model?
2016-10-22
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14196 ft
Malaysia

Water resistant at least, with controller waterproof and a waterproof bag/case. The idea of "Oh, you went hiking with your drone in your backpack a few months ago, and it rained? Your warranty is invalid." is just ridiculous.

I'd prefer a high-visibility color option (am seriously considering masking ports and sensors and spraying mine orange when I get one..)

Fold-up legs capable of landing/taking off on grass, over pebbles etc. They could make the main rotor arms fold up like a bat, but folding plastic legs was too difficult? It doesn't even have ANY landing gear at the back, so even the best-kept lawn is too high. I'm expecting 3rd party 3D printers will produce some slip-over legs for it.

I'd prefer the lighting to match the world-wide standard of red lights on the port side, green light on the starboard side, rather than marking front or back. That's not model-specific and should be the same on ALL craft.

I'd like a choice of battery - perhaps a big fat one for longer flights, plus a small light one for portability (or light as a spare 15 minute battery, so if you decide to re-take the shot you don't have to take off on a half-dead battery and risk "battery sag")

Karma-style removable gimbal/camera

Ultra-lite and affordable goggles, or HDMI out so I can pick my own.
2016-10-22
Use props
Mpampis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 276476 ft
Germany

Hahaha the mavic it's only out almost a month now and we talking for the 2nd generation already?
2016-10-22
Use props
M3NF
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49629 ft
United Kingdom

Atti manual mode
2016-10-22
Use props
banned
lvl.2

Germany

No that for the 1st gen please, because can be done in firmware
2016-10-22
Use props
T_A_Rogers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68537 ft
United States

buzzbuzz Posted at 2016-10-22 09:47
Actually, in the last few days DJI said they will include a USB-C cable with the Mavic Pro as stan ...

Good to see them responding to customer feedback so quickly in this regard.
2016-10-22
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules