Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Fly Before FAA Registration?
6143 11 2016-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
agentbb007
lvl.1

United States

I'm super excited to hear Mavic's are shipping even though it seems my Fly More Combo may take a few days longer to ship.  But I read I need to register the drone with the FAA and they send me a sticker to attached to my drone.  My question is do I need to wait until that sticker arrives to fly or can I just register and start flying? Here is my order details for those interested.

Order Status Update:

Dear Customers,
We said at our Mavic Pro launch event that we would begin shipping in mid-October. We’ve just passed that, and if you’re wondering where your Mavic Pro is, we’d like to offer an update.
Since unveiling the Mavic Pro, we’ve had amazingly strong global demand. Production is in full swing, and we will be fulfilling orders as fast as we can.
We thank you for your enthusiasm and patience and for being a DJI customer.
Best,
Adam Najberg
Global Director of Communication, DJI​

Payment Status:
Pay Confirmed
Payment Method:
Credit Card
Total:
USD $1,398.00
Order Time:
2016-09-28 19:19:49 (UTC)
Shipping Address:
UT, United States
ITEM
ITEM PRICE
QUANTITY
PRICE
   Mavic Pro Fly More Combo
USD $1,299.00
USD $1,299.00
   DJI Care Refresh (Mavic Pro)
USD $99.00
USD $99.00

2016-10-21
Use props
civeng123
lvl.3

United States

You will get a registration number that you can apply to the Mavic with anything from a label maker to a sharpie.

You will be good to go almost instantly!
2016-10-21
Use props
agentbb007
lvl.1

United States

civeng123 Posted at 2016-10-21 17:42
You will get a registration number that you can apply to the Mavic with anything from a label maker  ...

Oh ok thought they were going to mail me something but that makes it easy, thanks for the info!
2016-10-21
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41668330 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can register now.  You are not registering the craft but you as the pilot.  I have my "tail number" on all my craft.  I put in the battery compartment.  People can look up your information with that registration number it is on the FAA data base.
2016-10-21
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

On my Phantom 3 I printed out my FAA number and put it on the underside with a good sticky tape that covers the whole number. On the opposite side I have my Tel. number incase it gets lost. My Mavic will have FAA #, and Tel. # plus the word "Reward"
2016-10-21
Use props
agentbb007
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for the replies guys, I will register with the FAA now so I have my number all ready to go!
2016-10-21
Use props
bavery614
lvl.1
Flight distance : 813593 ft
United States

I got some fantastic decals from a guy on EBay for $4. You can register now, order some nice looking decals and have them ready to go when the Mavic arrives. I used to write my number on my drones with a sharpie as someone suggested, but I like the clean look of the decals.
2016-10-21
Use props
dana5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

Two words. Label Maker.
You get your FAA number immediately on registration. If you dont have access to a label maker, just use magic tape (for present wrapping), write on it with a sharpie, and put another strip over it.
In the US, it is illegal to fly any drone over .55 lbs without an FAA number clearly written.
I used a label maker, and put the number on my drones AND controllers, plus a number (1, 2, 3, etc.) and purchase date on every battery.
2016-10-21
Use props
baychilla
lvl.1

United States

agentbb007 Posted at 2016-10-21 16:44
Oh ok thought they were going to mail me something but that makes it easy, thanks for the info!

As long as the Reg # is on the drone you're fine.  They (the FAA) were supposed to mail me something about a month ago... I'm still waiting...
2016-10-21
Use props
zfdtruckman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1348 ft

baychilla Posted at 2016-10-22 10:58
As long as the Reg # is on the drone you're fine.  They (the FAA) were supposed to mail me somethi ...

I registered on-line.  Got the number and certificate immediately (.pdf).  No waiting.
2016-10-21
Use props
labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-10-22 10:49
You can register now.  You are not registering the craft but you as the pilot.  I have my "tail numb ...

" People can look up your information with that registration number it is on the FAA data base."

That's a popular misconception.
If you are a recreational flyer, "people" can't look up your personal details at all.
To quote from the FAA... https://www.faa.gov/news/updates/?newsId=85548
The FAA is not posting the names and street addresses of registered owners because the data is exempt from disclosure under a FOIA exemption that protects information in agency files from a clearly unwarranted invasion of personal privacy.
2016-10-21
Use props
Mikesask
lvl.1

i live in England but coming to Florida for xmas with family registered with FAA yesterday brilliant how it works easy quick and you just put the number on the drone and carry the cert with you or on your phone
2016-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules