Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can I use nividia shield tablet k1
1544 10 2016-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
interceptorx5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 397 ft
Australia

[size=14.6667px]As the Mavic does not have a HDMI output I was wondering if anyone knows if the nividia shield tablet k1 will work ok with the RC unit so that I can use the HDMI out to work with my Avegant Glyph goggles.
2016-10-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

The Mavic does not have an HDMI out. I used to use a Shield K1 on my P4 and it worked fine.
It's not on the DJI recommended device list but couldn't hurt to try.
You can use the HDMI out on the Shield to your goggles but you may be using too much processing power of the Shield. Just have to test and see how it works.
From the HD settings, you can lower the resolution to 720 to maybe help some.

ios: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7s, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
2016-10-21
Use props
interceptorx5
lvl.3
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-22 14:31
The Mavic does not have an HDMI out. I used to use a Shield K1 on my P4 and it worked fine.
It's not ...

Thanks for your info DJI-Ken,
My only problem is that I live in Perth Western Australia and the Shield K1 is not available here so It is not possible to try as you suggest.
I would have to rely on people on the forum to confirm - maybe yourself when possible.
2016-10-21
Use props
interceptorx5
lvl.3
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-22 14:31
It's not ...

My only problem is that I live in Perth Western Australia and the Shield K1 is not available here so It is not possible to try as you suggest.
I would have to rely on people on the forum to confirm - maybe yourself when possible.
2016-10-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

interceptorx5 Posted at 2016-10-22 14:52
My only problem is that I live in Perth Western Australia and the Sh ...

Australia, you can hire me to get one for you to test then personally deliver it to you
2016-10-22
Use props
interceptorx5
lvl.3
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-23 01:45
Australia, you can hire me to get one for you to test then personally deliver it to you

Ha Ha Ha Ive booked you on the next flight that leaves in 10 mins,,, Oh Dam you will miss it.

I can get one from Amazon no prob. Guess I will have to wait until you have tested it with the Mavic, Thank you  
2016-10-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

interceptorx5 Posted at 2016-10-23 07:39
Ha Ha Ha Ive booked you on the next flight that leaves in 10 mins,,, Oh Dam you will miss it.

I c ...

That's funny.
Also, I'm been dying to try out those goggles, expensive but I bet you really like them?
2016-10-22
Use props
interceptorx5
lvl.3
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-23 07:42
That's funny.
Also, I'm been dying to try out those goggles, expensive but I bet you really like t ...

I have the P4 using the Headplay and thought they were the best for picture (video) quality but the Glyph, WOW perfect, wiped away massively the Headplays  and imho the picture is better than the Ipad Air2. It was simply a revelation. I know its 720p but it looked far better, more like 1080p AND no pixels.
The other beauty of the Glyph is you can look up for los and down at the RC unit. The FOV is about 50 and I guess it would be 150% perfect if it was more, say 60 - 70. My other concern was here in Australia the sun is very bright but I should not have worried because the screen is perfectly bright enough.
Like them!!! I Love them and that is also why I am hoping I will be able to use the Glyph with the Mavic.
2016-10-22
Use props
interceptorx5
lvl.3
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-23 07:42
That's funny.
Also, I'm been dying to try out those goggles, expensive but I bet you really like t ...

I am also surprised that DJI did not adopt or liaise with Avegant to use the Glyph as they are perfect with the ability to look up for los and down to control RC unit.   
2016-10-22
Use props
Cetaman
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

interceptorx5 Posted at 2016-10-22 19:58
I am also surprised that DJI did not adopt or liaise with Avegant to use the Glyph as they are per ...

Aloha interceptor,

How can you see through something and still be able to use it to see?  In a dark room or looking straight up into the cloudless sky, maybe the Glyph could work.  I would think that background contrasts would disrupt a clear view of the image you are trying to see.  It would be nice to have the best of both worlds, but it seems to me to be that they are irreconcilable.  

So, what is the real world of the Glyph?

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-10-23
Use props
interceptorx5
lvl.3
Australia

Cetaman Posted at 2016-10-23 16:08
Aloha interceptor,

How can you see through something and still be able to use it to see?  In ...

Hi Cetaman,
I thought exactly as you did, and bought the Headplay sometime ago.
Well, I kept on wondering, and got fed up with the big Headplay on my head. I did a lot of checking and saw online some other types like the Zeiss and others and thought no way EXCEPT the Avegant Glyph seemed different.
So, I took a chance and bought a pair and yep it all works great.
When setup as explained, even in bright sunlight you see a screen when you look in front which in this case is your FPV in perfect colour, excellent brightness and detail massively better than the Headplay and at least 1080p with NO pixelation whatsoever.
You can now glance up with your eyes for LOS and down for RC controlling and then to the screen in front for FPV.
It works perfectly and as I said above, you have to wonder why DJI did not get involved with Avegant.

G,Day Mate        
2016-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules