Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
MAXXuav.com Range Booster & Mod Controller
1702 6 2016-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Guntert
lvl.2
Flight distance : 766260 ft

Wanted to start this thread just cause it would help others. NOW I have not been given a discount nor anything free from any of the companies I am going to show.

Bought :

DJI - EvoLite Kit Plus - No / Clean Install Kit (+$34) / 5dBi Antennas (+$19) for $382

Modified DJI GL300C Remote $399  (I did this cause I didnt want to open the back of controller and mess it up.)

Jake at maxxuav.com is AWSOME guy, emailed a lot with me, even talked on the phone late one night. Just all around good guy. Something didnt make it to the box so he shipped it next morning and was here next day. I will buy more stuff to try with Jake at maxxuav.com

This not my first flight but it was the best one I think. Hope link helps.  Rememeber I have only been doing this a couple of months.

http://healthydrones.com/main?share=VGAgjM

2016-10-22
Use props
Guntert
lvl.2

Next I am thinking I will order the falcon upgrade to controller send in stock controller and see how well it holds up... Will do new link for new booster I can afford.
2016-10-22
Use props
FuZZyPiLOT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1353215 ft
Ireland

Thanks for sharing, i might have to invest for myself
2016-10-23
Use props
Guntert
lvl.2

I was able to do another trip and this is my log. If I read everything right I only got 7000 feet away from my location with video and video settings at the lowest. Shouldnt I get further? I just went til video went out then right back.

http://healthydrones.com/main?share=zkPTOM
2016-10-24
Use props
Guntert
lvl.2

This test was done with stock RC

Aerial TEK  $20 for Amazon Went same distance the MAXX UAV Elite $800    Am I missing something???  7000 feet

http://healthydrones.com/main?share=QaydJB

Will have the Firebridge in about a week to test that one.  Im going to contact Jake at MaXX UAV and return it cause $800 is a lot of money when a $20 does the same
2016-10-25
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

On my P4 the simple parabolic antenna offered about 100% increase while the itelite and argtek mods, both gave me similar range boost of about 300%.

But I did not use any active amplifiers, because I feel the added noise introduced by these amps would have negative affects and cancel out any range increase. Their performance also depends on the power source you use.  And the last thing you need is for your external power source to go out when it is flying out there. Keep it simple.

Please Note:
My range test is on my P4/RC.  Yours can have different performance characteristics.  Every P4/RC have tolerances.

MY range tests were performed using RC 1.6 and Go app 2.9.2.  Not sure what I will get now, with RC/1.8 and DJIJ GO 3.0.1.???? I have been grounded due to stormy weather for the last 10 days....
2016-10-25
Use props
Guntert
lvl.2

MD_Icarus Posted at 2016-10-25 20:45
On my P4 the simple parabolic antenna offered about 100% increase while the itelite and argtek mods, ...

Thank you for your info. All of my hardware and software are always up to date. We are having bad weather too. We should be clear later today or tomorrow.
2016-10-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules