Has anyone in Australia got any shipping info/update
13195 220 2016-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SuccessCoach
New

Australia

I just received mine today - yay -very excited. Like most of you, I ordered a few months ago - I ordered through UAV Wholesale - who thankfully didn't get back to me about my original Phantom 4 order for a few weeks and allowed me to swap over to the Mavic instead. I was given regular updates throughout the process - mostly, "we have a few coming through but not sure when customs will release them" - but then I got mine today, just in time for a trip to the Gold Coast with the family next week, so I'm very happy. Hope you all get yours soon, you'll love it!
2016-11-25
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

LoL just looked up JB HiFi, the Mavic Pro is no longer there on their listing...
2016-11-27
Use props
Jeromeo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 103369 ft
Australia

cluc Posted at 2016-11-28 11:59
LoL just looked up JB HiFi, the Mavic Pro is no longer there on their listing...

I have a pre ordered with them and they actually change date of availability  front early to mid December to 7 of December now....
2016-11-27
Use props
sshorty
lvl.2

Australia

SuccessCoach Posted at 2016-11-26 00:09
I just received mine today - yay -very excited. Like most of you, I ordered a few months ago - I ord ...

I too ordered from UAV Wholesale, when did you place your order?
How long did it take to receive your mavic from the time they sent you your tracking number?
2016-11-27
Use props
Crofty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23415 ft
Australia

On the. Weekend 2 separate retailers said they have stock in 2 weeks. That is approx the same time as JBHIFI. I see if that us the actual case in 2 weeks
2016-11-27
Use props
New

Australia

I ordered yesterday from Harvey Norman first on there list for the combo

2016-11-28
Use props
achandab1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 89554 ft
Australia

anyone order from these guys

http://www.dwidigitalcameras.com.au/
2016-11-28
Use props
Aussiesmuggler
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26250 ft
Australia

I got mine two weeks ago from my local camera house in Shepparton country vic.
2016-11-28
Use props
sanuk
lvl.4
Australia

Farnk666 Posted at 2016-11-23 11:22
The official DJI distributor for Australia is EEHobbies.

Interesting. There seems to be several firms making claims to the 'the' local Dji distributor. Maybe Dji doesn't have an only one official, exclusive distributor in Australia?

EEHobbies says several things on their site:

EE Hobbies is a wholesale distributor of DJI..
EE Hobbies – Official DJI Partner...We are the authorized Australian distributor of the world leading UAS manufacturer DJI.

DJI  authorised repair centre...EE Hobbies is the only Australian repair centre listed on the DJI website

But I suspect EEHobbies is only a distributor, not 'THE' Dji national distributor. That honor probably goes to the far larger CRK:

C.R.Kennedy & Company is the Australian distributor for DJI. Our service centre has factory trained techicians, and are able to repair most DJI models.

https://crkphotoimaging.com.au/categories/uav-drones

That CRK dealer page is also very interesting to see all their DJI drone models, stock levels and pricing.

The Mavic is there [No stock] for $1582.90, Mavic Fly More kit [No Stock] for $2066. My dealer is charging $1679/$2159, so it looks like CRK isn't giving them much margin on Mavics.
Mavic Gimbal covers, propellers, carry case and car-chargers are in stock though, so if you already have a Mavic, they should be easy to get locally atm.

2016-11-28
Use props
Lost Mavic
lvl.2

Australia

Bit weird how all their wholesale prices are open for anyone to see - oops!
2016-11-28
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

sanuk Posted at 2016-11-29 10:54
Interesting. There seems to be several firms making claims to the 'the' local Dji distributor. Mayb ...

The key part of the statement will be "Wholesale".

Would expect that EEHobbies supply CRK on a wholesale basis - EEH don't sell to the public.
Margins across the supply chain are heavily controlled by DJI, so they may very well not have any leeway in the matter.
2016-11-28
Use props
Aussiesmuggler
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26250 ft
Australia

I just spoke to Shepparton camera house again to day and they just revived the second one of 4 they have sold mine being the fist two weeks back....
2016-11-28
Use props
sanuk
lvl.4
Australia

Farnk666 Posted at 2016-11-29 15:34
The key part of the statement will be "Wholesale".

Would expect that EEHobbies supply CRK on a wh ...

EEHobbies do sell retail, just under another name on eBay ...

I seriously doubt CRK deals with DJI via a tiny storefront like EEHobbies.
2016-11-28
Use props
sshorty
lvl.2

Australia

I believe UAV Wholesale also brings them into Australia, they also do repairs & are authorized DJI
2016-11-29
Use props
APAG22
lvl.1

Australia

Straight form the DJI store guys. Ive had mine for 3 weeks. Sydney Resident. Ordered on release date. But watch out for faulty gimbal. DJI care is a must
2016-11-29
Use props
juzzzy.b
lvl.2

Australia

Spoke to rise above today.

So far they have been allocated 12 and I'm number 288 on the list.
I'll continue waiting for a while.
2016-11-29
Use props
Jeromeo
lvl.3
Australia

Jeromeo Posted at 2016-11-28 14:11
I have a pre ordered with them and they actually change date of availability  front early to mid De ...
JB hifi update.
changed it again to early 2017......
2016-11-30
Use props
fans628b7609
lvl.2
Flight distance : 234948 ft
  • >>>
Australia

APAG22 Posted at 2016-11-29 22:07
Straight form the DJI store guys. Ive had mine for 3 weeks. Sydney Resident. Ordered on release date ...

The gimbal is extremely fragile, i managed to get mine stuck in a tree. It fell less then 2 meters and only damage was the gimbal breaking. On inspection the whole gimbal hangs on by two 1mm pieces of metal. about 1/2mm wide and 1mm in length. Any type of decent drop even from a small heights with no gimbal lock will break it. So if you are not using your drone use the gimbal lock and if you are flying don't be to adventurous.

My mavic is going back for repair after it's first flight I've been told to ship it to DJI Technology Australia 12/125 Highbury Road Burwood VIC. So DJI do have a office based in AU, perhaps they are bring them in through this site and out to distributors.
2016-11-30
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1231280 ft
Australia

APAG22 Posted at 2016-11-29 22:07
Straight form the DJI store guys. Ive had mine for 3 weeks. Sydney Resident. Ordered on release date ...

I havent recieved mine as well, ordered directly from DJI on the 28th of Sep.

Check this out:

The post has been DJI-Ken Delete
I'm sorry you don't have your Mavic yet, I do hope it comes soon. As a rep of DJI I have to delete the post, sorry about that.

They are deleting post for people complaining on orders not being delivered, wow.  This is so DJI
2016-12-4
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1231280 ft
Australia

Matt05x Posted at 2016-10-25 21:11
Why can't these Chinese companies honour their promises? If you say you will ship on a first come fi ...

The answer is on the 4th word you typed mate.
2016-12-4
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

Just got in contact with my reseller... they placed their order in September and DJI has been pushing back the dates... They thought they would get theirs last week, but had been delayed again...

Given it's so close to Christmas, I doubt I'll get mine... FFS
And had been told I can swap my order and pay addition for the DJI Phantom 4 Pro, as they have stock in the warehouse... FFS!
2016-12-5
Use props
Dasm6tPRI5iL
lvl.2

Australia

For those that have received via DJI pre-order to Australia, have any of you received this message:

DHL can only deliver upon payment of the import duties. Please log on to dhl-ar.accountis.net/gpp/au

I'm concerned that they've messed up the shipping and won't release it until I pay the import duties ($260) even though they should be paid by DJI. Anyone else received this message?
2016-12-10
Use props
MattShevs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 339222 ft
Australia

My Mavic (just Mavic and controller) status just changed to 'Shipped'! No tracking number yet, it just says DHL at the moment.

Ordered on the 5th of October.

How long have people had between shipment change and receiving a tracking number?
2016-12-11
Use props
fansb6f989bd
lvl.2

Australia

MattShevs Posted at 2016-12-12 09:27
My Mavic (just Mavic and controller) status just changed to 'Shipped'! No tracking number yet, it just says DHL at the moment.

Ordered on the 5th of October.

Same here. not combo. the No 4 blue dot is appeared.

but no tracking number yet. DHL.

2016-12-11
Use props
fansb6f989bd
lvl.2

Australia

fansb6f989bd Posted at 2016-12-12 15:00
Same here. not combo. the No 4 blue dot is appeared.

but no tracking number yet. DHL.

just received a message from DHL with the tracking number. expected to get within this week. this is so excited.
2016-12-12
Use props
HenryBrodbeck
lvl.2

Australia

Ordered from DJI on the 6th of October and just received my tracking number and shipment confirmation!
2016-12-12
Use props
MattShevs
lvl.2
Australia

fansb6f989bd Posted at 2016-12-12 16:39
just received a message from DHL with the tracking number. expected to get within this week. this is so excited.

Has your shipment gone to 'On Hold' in Hong Kong?
2016-12-13
Use props
UPky4KJCUdZL
New

Australia

Hi guys. Anyone else who ordered from DJI direct get charged $270 customs duty? The dji online store claim they pay all customs duties. Got a message from DHL saying my mavic is held until the duty is paid. Seems a bit ridiculous given DJI explicitly state they pay for it.
2016-12-13
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Singapore

UPky4KJCUdZL Posted at 2016-12-13 20:43
Hi guys. Anyone else who ordered from DJI direct get charged $270 customs duty? The dji online store claim they pay all customs duties. Got a message from DHL saying my mavic is held until the duty is paid. Seems a bit ridiculous given DJI explicitly state they pay for it.

I ordered my Fly More Combo direct from DJI. I received it without having to pay any duties, and I don't think I received a message similar to yours. If DHL are asking you to pay duties, maybe somebody messed up while sending out some orders.
2016-12-13
Use props
Dasm6tPRI5iL
lvl.2

Australia

UPky4KJCUdZL Posted at 2016-12-13 23:43

Call DHL and ask them to check the paperwork. The same thing happened to me and they fixed it up straight away.
2016-12-13
Use props
fansb6f989bd
lvl.2

Australia

MattShevs Posted at 2016-12-13 19:16
Has your shipment gone to 'On Hold' in Hong Kong?

it was on Hong Kong but now its arrived Singapore
2016-12-13
Use props
MattShevs
lvl.2
Australia

fansb6f989bd Posted at 2016-12-14 05:56
it was on Hong Kong but now its arrived Singapore

Ah dang mine is still in Hong Kong, started moving again but then now assuming going through customs or something saying "Further clearance processing is required."
2016-12-13
Use props
fans5cb98453
lvl.1

Australia

My mavic is in customs, apparently no one knows what the mavic is
2016-12-13
Use props
darth_yoshi
New

Australia

the reason the Mavic is getting held up in customs for so long is that DJI's invoices attached to the Shipment are incorrect. the main fault is that it doesnt show GST & or Import Tax paid.  so you should contact your courier e.g.  DHL Express as you will be required to supply bank statements and proof of purchase to customs in order to have it released............ happened to me and a few others
2016-12-13
Use props
c0balt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 314747 ft
Australia

Received my AU model drone nearly 2 days ago after ordering it on the 20th of October from UAV Depot on eBay.

It appears as though it was shipped directly from DJI (Inspired Motion Technology) as a single order from HK via TNT and did not get held up at customs.

2016-12-13
Use props
MattShevs
lvl.2
Australia

Every one in a similar boat?
IMG_2044.PNG
2016-12-16
Use props
fansb6f989bd
lvl.2

Australia

darth_yoshi Posted at 2016-12-14 08:37
the reason the Mavic is getting held up in customs for so long is that DJI's invoices attached to the Shipment are incorrect. the main fault is that it doesnt show GST & or Import Tax paid.  so you should contact your courier e.g.  DHL Express as you will be required to supply bank statements and proof of purchase to customs in order to have it released............ happened to me and a few others

got hold up by custom. and received a message from DHL said need to pay the import duty fee to able to release the package. what kind of document we need to show them to release the parcel??? Please help.
2016-12-16
Use props
Dasm6tPRI5iL
lvl.2

Australia

fansb6f989bd Posted at 2016-12-17 06:19
got hold up by custom. and received a message from DHL said need to pay the import duty fee to able to release the package. what kind of document we need to show them to release the parcel??? Please help.

Follow the link that shows you the amount to pay on DHL website. On that page you can download the documents. On the archive doc it should say 'duties and taxes paid' somewhere. Ring DHL and tell them to check the paperwork and that it should be delivered duties paid (DDP). I had the same problem and they fixed it up.

The next problem you'll have is customs claiming that it is undervalued and that will cause the 'uncontrollable clearance delay'. Talk with DHL and ask to talk to the appropriate department for clarification. They should give you an email address to send your order confirmation and proof of payment to, which is then given to customs and they should release it within 24 - 48 hours.

If you get no love from DHL, email DJI online sales. From what I can tell this is due to poor paperwork on DJI's side.
2016-12-17
Use props
Dasm6tPRI5iL
lvl.2

Australia

MattShevs Posted at 2016-12-17 04:12
Every one in a similar boat?

See my post directly above. Ring DHL and send them the proof of payment and order confirmation.
2016-12-17
Use props
Jeromeo
lvl.3
Australia

JB HI-FI as started shipping they pre-orders.
2016-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules