Link LED on OFDM module blinking red/green?
9381 18 2016-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
adamuldrich
lvl.1
Australia

I have a p3 advanced with no camera/gimbal. What does it mean when the link LED on the OFDM module blinks green and red?  At the same time the aircraft status LEDs blink yellow rapidly. The RC registers as connected, and in the DJI Go software it registers as connected too (GPS works and aircraft status is "Normal" but certain options are greyed-out like calibrate IMU). As a result I can't arm/fly the bird. I've tried re-linking (both manually and through DJI GO) which doesn't fix the aforementioned symptoms.
2016-10-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Adamuldrich, you just uninstalled the gimbal camera, right? if you install it again, everything is working properly?
May I know what is the firmware version for remote and aircraft?
LED is solid green on remote and aircraft cannot be controlled, but aircraft status led still blinks yellow rapidly?
When you tried to take off, what is the message pops out on the APP?
2016-10-22
Use props
adamu77
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-10-23 18:00
Hi Adamuldrich, you just uninstalled the gimbal camera, right? if you install it again, everything i ...

Thanks for the quick reply Natalia. The same issue occurs with/without the (broken) camera attached. Remote firmware is the latest, and unfortunately I cannot confirm the aircraft firmware version in the current unoperational state. There was no message on the APP, in fact DJI Go does not flag any error messages, but there appears to be some communication issues between the RC and the drone based on the symptoms. Are you able to identify what the flashing green/red link LED means?
2016-10-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

adamu77 Posted at 2016-10-23 15:31
Thanks for the quick reply Natalia. The same issue occurs with/without the (broken) camera attache ...

Thanks for the details, would you please record a short video for us so that it can be evaluated?
2016-10-23
Use props
adamu77
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-10-23 20:57
Thanks for the details, would you please record a short video for us so that it can be evaluated?

Hi DJI Natalia, I'd be happy to:

2016-10-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

adamu77 Posted at 2016-10-23 19:00
Hi DJI Natalia, I'd be happy to:

You tube video of the issue

Hi Adamu77, thanks for your info, we double checked the case, maybe it's caused by inconsistent firmware version for remote and aircraft.
Since remote is already the latest, please try to download the latest firmware for aircraft on DJI website, put the bin file into SD card and upgrade it as the tutorial:
2016-10-23
Use props
adamu77
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-10-24 18:05
Hi Adamu77, thanks for your info, we double checked the case, maybe it's caused by inconsistent fi ...

Hi DJI-Natalia,
I couldn't upgrade the firmware on the aircraft without a gimbal but I was able to downgrade the firmware on the remote. This fixed the issue. It confirms that this flashing light is due to incompatibility between the old/new firmware versions on the aircraft/remote respectively.

Thanks for all your help, I very much appreciate your expert advice!
2016-10-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

adamu77 Posted at 2016-10-27 18:15
Hi DJI-Natalia,
I couldn't upgrade the firmware on the aircraft without a gimbal but I was able to  ...

No problem, really glad to hear it's working now, please enjoy it!
2016-10-27
Use props
joecwyatt
New
United States

Hi, I am having this exact same problem. I've tried all of the suggestions on this thread. My firmware is fully updated to Packet: P3X_FW_V01.10.0090.bin in the aircraft, but the RC will not allow me to upgrade or downgrade my firmware. The App will not show Camera View. When I hold the button on the top right of the App to change the RC firmware, everything says N/A and that there is no available firmware. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks!
2017-6-10
Use props
jexhead
New

Australia

Hello everyone, looking for some help here with a Phantom 3 advance. when you power up in this order, this happens

(power on to RC) - red light
(power on to AC) - camera light flashers green - rear lights flash Red (short) - Green (short) - amber & red (long) - amber flash (fast) as the rear lights are flashing the (camera light) goes Green
(open app) and there is nothing coming from the AC to the app. (no AC Status)
The Status bar says (disconnected)

I have tried
3 leads
updating firm ware on AC & RC the report from the AC says (firmware on card same as AC) The RC wont update off usb lead from AC or from USB stick and i can not open RC in app to update firmware   
Have tried (linking RC) and get (Confirm Frequency Settings)
The light on OFDM module ( is blinking red/green) after i push it to re-link RC it goes red (only)
Have been thorough all of the firm ware updates on both the AC and the RC (but the RC wont update) - No blue lights

Is there more than one problem here? rear light flashing yellow & the app saying disconnected?

Please help - Im out of ideas - skill - coffee - and sleep

2017-6-22
Use props
Mans World
lvl.1
Flight distance : 105449 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

Phantom 3 Pro LED blinking red and green remote red. Will not connect with aircraft.
2017-8-1
Use props
Mans World
lvl.1
Flight distance : 105449 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

Exactly the same problem also tried everything  like jexhead no luck. I actually have two P3 Pro's here with the same problem?
2017-8-1
Use props
KiraDogTJ
New

United States

Jexhead and MansWorld, I have the same problem as you guys. Is this a manufacture issue?
Thanks

2017-8-7
Use props
CamiloMty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2117995 ft
Mexico

same problem here with a friend's p3pro bird that never felt the skyes. he tried to update and did good with the aircraft, but the rc (A type) was never updated, and now don't connect with the app or the aircraft. i'm trying to update with usb cable connected between AC  & RC ... on RC red/green light is flashing so fast. on AC red/green is flashing to, more slowly. i'm waiting for 20 minutes with no results, will wait some more time. anyway, any comment/suggestion is welcome!
i've got mine P3P very healthy since may 2015. as i said, this problem is with a friend's p3p, not mine.
cheers

2017-8-9
Use props
djiuser_QAa60yq
New
Flight distance : 3104 ft
Nepal

My DJI Phantom 3 professional disconnected with Remote Controller. I have tried to connect with manually or with DJI go app but not successful. Later I notice that the linking led doesn't appear any signal at aircraft any solution for that.
2017-8-16
Use props
MTPhantom
lvl.1

United States

I have seen this problem posted multiple times with no fix. Maybe the fix is sending to DJI?
I now have a P3P with the exact same problem. It is a friends copter and I have no idea what the firmware is. He said he was installing latest firmware yesterday based on the DJI Go app prompting him. Copter was last flown October 2016.
None of the posted tricks work. RC will not respond to anything. Just flashing red/green when AC is powered, solid red when AC is off.
AC won't update. It does the starting dance correctly and then fast beeping tones followed by a solid tone. Per one recommendation, I stuck it in a closet for an hour and 20 minutes to see if it would stop the continuous tone and then start updating, Nope. (I kept a fan on it so it wouldn't over heat)
2017-9-6
Use props
TPreston
New
United States

Same problem here. P3P, RC (GL300A) flashed rapid red & green and AC is red. No response on this wide-spread problem from DJI is bull shat. I emailed support and they told me to buy a new controller. I'm pizzed.
2017-9-15
Use props
fans12e6de69
lvl.1
Flight distance : 119380 ft
Bahamas

Hi need some help linking my p3p
2018-10-13
Use props
djiuser_lVZSlNAvVnMc
New

Lebanon

hello i have a phantom dji p330 the remote is beeping and the aircraft is blinking green and red how to fix that
2022-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules