Problem with connection to DJI OSMO Mobile from Filmic Pro App
17159 15 2016-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dji
New

Denmark

Other having problem with connection to DJI OSMO Mobile from Filmic Pro App on a iPhone 6S?

It have been working but now it's impossible to connect. I have downloaded the APP again with no luck.

I have changes the BT name in the DJI GO app, maybe this have something to do with the problem. But have changes it back with no effekt!!

Please help with this fantastic setup.

Best regards
Brian Søndergaard Hansen

2016-10-23
Use props
Brian S. Hansen
New

Denmark

Response from Filmic Pro

Kevin replied
Oct 23, 7:55am
Hi Brian,

Thank you for writing in.  Yes indeed if you changed the OSMO name it will affect the connection to FiLMiC Pro (we are going to do away with this problem though in a coming update)  In the mean time try these steps:

1.  Place your device in the OSMO and power on the OSMO.
2.  Open the DJI app and connect to your OSMO.  
3.  Open the settings menu in the DJI app and then select 'General', and the select 'Device Name'.
4.  Change the device name to: Osmo     Approve the device renaming and confirm in the app that the name has been changed.
5.  Now power down the OSMO and restart it.
6.  Launch FiLMiC Pro and be sure the OSMO selection is enabled from within the hardware section of the app's settings menu.  
7.  You should now see the record and large black button become responsive from within FiLMiC Pro.

Best Regards,  FiLMiC Pro Support

This Works :-), so dont changes the Device Name!!!
2016-10-23
Use props
kennybuffa
lvl.1

United States

When you fix image stabilization problems for iPhone 6s Plus and higher?

All my footage is horrible.
2016-10-24
Use props
gb1994
New

Germany

Brian S. Hansen Posted at 2016-10-23 22:02
Response from Filmic Pro

Kevin replied

Hi Brian,

How did you contact the support?

I have a kind of comparable issue:
Setup:
- iphone 6s, newest updates installed (2016-DEC-02)
- osmo mobile pro activated 2 days ago, newest firmware
- filmic5.5, bought yesterday on the app store in a bundle with filmic remote

When I go to 'hardware' and activate the osmo switch it doesn't show me my osmo in the list (as seen in the tutorials), and all it does is controlling my volume on the phone, either when I push the record button, or the photo shoot button.

Renaming the device, back and forth, higher or lower cases, mixed or whatsoever doesn't show me any devices in the list of hardware, and is keeping on controlling my volume... :-(

Cheers
2016-12-2
Use props
AMichele
lvl.1

Italy

gb1994 Posted at 2016-12-2 16:42
Hi Brian,

This is the workaround that Filmic Pro support sent me:
-----------
- In your iPhone's settings app open the bluetooth settings.
- Find your OSMO listed in the paired bluetooth devices list.
- Tap the 'i' button.
- Tap 'forget this device'.
- Re-launch FiLMiC Pro.
- From the app's settings menu tap to open the hardware section.
- Enable the 'DJI OSMO Mobile' setting (or disable and re-enable if it was previously enabled)
---> You should see a pairing request to use the OSMO with FiLMiC Pro. Accept this and you should now be able to use the OSMO with the app.

NOTE: If the app is closed completely or if you disable the hardware option for OSMO it may be necessary to repeat the steps above to connect the device to the app.
-----------
2016-12-2
Use props
stonie151
lvl.1

Switzerland

AMichele Posted at 2016-12-2 18:09
-----------
- In your iPhone's settings ap ...

Hi AMichele,

I have exactly the same issue with Filmic Pro and the Osmo. The described workaround did not help at all so I wonder if you had success with it? Any other advise someone has?

Thanks,
Roland
2016-12-4
Use props
stonie151
lvl.1

Switzerland

stonie151 Posted at 2016-12-4 10:13
Hi AMichele,

I have exactly the same issue with Filmic Pro and the Osmo. The described workaround did not help at all so I wonder if you had success with it? Any other advise someone has?

A small update to everyone on my findings.

First I don´t believe there´s a way to connect with the Osmo with the current Filmic Pro version. I managed to find a way to show the Osmo in Filmic Pro but that´s a very strange way.

1. delete the paired Osmo from your listed devices in your iPhone Bluetooth devices ("i" and "Ignore this device")
2. turn off the Osmo and remove it´s battery! not removing the battery will not allow this procedure to work
3. make sure Filmic Pro is not loaded/started in the background.
4. Start Filmic Pro and go to the Hardware page and enable the DJI Osmo Mobile option
5. When the white listing page is up, put the battery back into the Osmo.
6. Turn on the Osmo and Filmic Pro is showing the Osmo.

Unfortunately on my end this still didn´t allow the controls in Filmic Pro to work however the trick seems to be that the Osmo is only sending BT pairing signals once the battery was out for a few seconds and back in. And Filmic seems to search for the Osmo directly to pair instead of using the already paired device listed in the iPhone.

Hopes this helps to avoid spending more time in tests for everybody. I believe we need to wait for Filmic Pro to come up with a new release to fix this issue.

2016-12-5
Use props
Xlear99
lvl.2
United States

AMichele Posted at 2016-12-2 10:09
-----------
- In your iPhone's settings app open the bluetooth settings.

Hi AMichele,

I have the iPhone 7+ and it worked with Oslo Mobile until yesterday. I followed your instruction and managed to get it work again but it is really annoying to go through the steps each time when I launch the App. Is there a permanent solution for this problem?

Thanks,

John
2016-12-5
Use props
Xlear99
lvl.2
United States

Xlear99 Posted at 2016-12-5 13:45
Hi AMichele,

I have the iPhone 7+ and it worked with Oslo Mobile until yesterday. I followed your instruction and managed to get it work again but it is really annoying to go through the steps each time when I launch the App. Is there a permanent solution for this problem?

Also I found the manual focusing control on the FilmicPro with Osmo App is not very responsive compared to the manual exposure control.
2016-12-5
Use props
fans9f59870d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the DJI GO app connected to the OSMO via bluetooth no problem but the OSMO never shows up in the list of bluetooth devices on my iPhone 7. So now I can not start and stop the camera in Filmic PRO. How do I get this to work.

Many thanks,
Houston
2016-12-14
Use props
fanse755f77c
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

The above method of renaming the device to "Osmo" and reconnecting the Filmic Pro to the newly named device, worked great for me.

Thanks!
2017-1-12
Use props
fans3932fcbb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26719 ft
United States

stonie151 Posted at 2016-12-5 12:00
A small update to everyone on my findings.

First I don´t believe there´s a way to connect with the Osmo with the current Filmic Pro version. I managed to find a way to show the Osmo in Filmic Pro but that´s a very strange way.

Thank you!! This worked for me after other solutions did not.
2017-6-6
Use props
jeffbake
lvl.3
Flight distance : 955587 ft
  • >>>
United States

gb1994 Posted at 2016-12-2 07:42
Hi Brian,

FilmicPro is at version 6 for a while now...
2017-6-7
Use props
jeffbake
lvl.3
Flight distance : 955587 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've never changed the name of my Osmo Mobile, but sometimes I can't start and stop recording when using Filmic Pro (version 6). When that happens, I just go into settings/hardware and toggle the Osmo slider off and then back on. Start/Stop works fine, at least for awhile after that...

IMG_7043.PNG
2017-6-7
Use props
neilrcooper
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3937 ft
United Kingdom

Brian S. Hansen Posted at 2016-10-23 13:02
Response from Filmic Pro

Kevin replied

Great. Many thanks. Fixed all the problems and shutter button and record button now work as they should and not just turn the volume up. iPhone X iOS 11.2.1 Filmic 6.4.0.
2017-12-26
Use props
londondronepilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34446 ft
United Kingdom

Brian S. Hansen Posted at 2016-10-23 13:02
Response from Filmic Pro

Kevin replied

This works perfect, after changing name Osmo2 connects to FilMic Pro V6.
2018-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules