DJI Care Service Plan
1272 7 2016-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gary05
lvl.1
Flight distance : 492392 ft

Has anyone used and/or have any feedback on the DJI Care Service plan available for new equipment? It costs $219 for one year and covers virtually everything according to the advertising but is it worth it? I can't find any other information about the service, the quality of service or the turnaround time.

2016-10-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello Gary,here are some FAQ for DJI Care,hope it would help you.
http://www.dji.com/service/djicare/info#dji-care-info-s3
2016-10-23
Use props
gary05
lvl.1
Flight distance : 492392 ft

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-24 09:52
Hello Gary,here are some FAQ for DJI Care,hope it would help you.
http://www.dji.com/service/djicare ...

Thank you Mindy. I have read all that before. I had hoped to get a response from anyone with actual experience with the service plan.  I'm sure the company has the best intentions but it's always best to get feedback from actual customers.

We recently purchased a second P4 after our first had an un-commanded descent into a tree then tumbled into the swamp.  We have recovered the drone but it now has a 2No.ESC Error code and will not take off.

We want to be sure we don't have to worry about the second one being an issue.  I have asked "what is the turn around time?" I would also like to know how cumbersome is the process?  The FAQs don't disclose the turnaround time.

I would prefer to hear from real customers how cumbersome the process is but you could certainly answer the question about turnaround time.

I would also like to upload the flight log to someone at DJI that may help determine what went wrong with my flight of 10/18/2016.  Could you guide me there please Mindy?

2016-10-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

gary05 Posted at 2016-10-25 08:17
Thank you Mindy. I have read all that before. I had hoped to get a response from anyone with actua ...

Sorry for the crash,Gary.
Could you please clarify what area are you located in?
I'd suggest you to send it in for further evaluation.
They can analyze the data and let you know what could have caused the issue.
Normally the turn-around time is about 1-2 weeks after been received at the facility.
2016-10-24
Use props
spalding1968
lvl.2
Flight distance : 315584 ft
United Kingdom

If it was an uncommanded descent that resulted in damage aren't you having it repaired under warranty?
2016-10-25
Use props
NAM
New

Their deductibles and the fact that water damage is not covered make DJI Care a bad option. Our coverage is much better with no deductibles and water damage is covered. https://neary-aerial.com/?ref=2

2016-11-1
Use props
NAM
New

2016-11-1
Use props
Mastertech
lvl.2
Flight distance : 601781 ft

My drone dropped into the pacific ocean, DJI care even though it specifically says "does not cover water damage" they covered it!. They looked at the flight data and covered it. I got a new drone. from the receipt It only charged 400$ from the insurance. So I can still crash or give it another bath or two before my insurance expires.
1600$ drone that is newer technology+human interphase=eventual disaster.
I wouldn't drive my car without insurance.
It payed for itself twice over already.
A must have for any new pilots, a nice thing for the experienced.
I like that I can fly and not worry, its most likely covered.
When I buy a car I get the Manufacturers Factory Extended warranty, not the aftermarket one that is cheaper because the manufacturer is always a better deal, when things go bad you don't have to worry. Plus you get it fixed by DJI and its done, no hassles no submitting paperwork.  
The manufacturer is much more likely to help you out as a customer even if its your fault, they like you as a customer and want to retain your business. (that's how they get paid)
Aftermarket insurance is just out to collect your money and pay out as little as possible. (that's how they get paid)
DJI was awesome both times I dealt with them. And both times my problems were solved with no hassle, no argument and in a decent timeframe.
(Isn't that spamming your DJI site to make a sale?  selling inferior products here?  huh.)

2016-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules