Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Low batt temp warning?
1912 5 2016-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
trackerputnam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5728392 ft

Had the low battery temp warning come up over the weekend while flying. The RC was telling me to warm the batt to 54 I believe. It was not even below freezing out. Flew with no problems though. Any ideas?
2016-10-23
Use props
kirk2579
First Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

maybe the battery was colder than you thought (doesn't have to be freezing)
the phantom does read the battery temps as part of its smart firmware.

at that point the app is saying warm the battery up to that temp for safe flying!

in other words
exactly what is said is what it means..
2016-10-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

The message showed up when taking off in a low-temperature environment or during the mid-flight?
Since you warmed it to a suitable temperature, may I know it's fully-charged before flying? if there is no enough power left, and pilot move sticks at full throttle, the message will pop out.
Please try to fully-discharge it then fully-charge it, and check whether it occurs again or not?
low temperature.png
2016-10-23
Use props
trackerputnam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5728392 ft

Outside temp would have been in the high 40degree temps at the lowest. Batts were kept in case which was in the truck, since camping outside. Guess I should have kept them in my sleeping bag. Both flights where warning showed up went off without a problem. Warning was there as soon as rc and drone powered up. Will make a better effort at keeping batts warm.
2016-10-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

trackerputnam Posted at 2016-10-24 12:30
Outside temp would have been in the high 40degree temps at the lowest. Batts were kept in case which ...

From what it sounds like, it was much colder where you were storing them than what was expected. It's good to hear that you had followed the instructions to avoid any issues. Please let us know if it comes up again in warmer climates.
2016-10-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Let the drone and intelligent flight battery warm up, to a nominal temperature, before taking off.
You can read the battery temp. right in the Go app. That's an invaluable feature. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules