Getting Solid Red Light, Can't Fly
26581 19 2015-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
uncle.scrooch
lvl.1

South Africa

Hi. Not sure what the problem is here but i'm getting a solid red light when I switch on my Phantom 2. The 2 back light stay red, when I try to fly they flash for a few seconds. It's goes full Red only when I switch on the remote
If anyone has a fix for this please let me know. I tried the PT2 and the RC assistant, both don't say or do anything that helps

2015-2-3
Use props
swomilan.email
lvl.4

Mexico

What Phantom model?
Which Flight Mode. Phantom or Naza-M?
You do switch the remote controller ON before the Phantom, correct?

2015-2-3
Use props
swomilan.email
lvl.4

Mexico

Forgot:  How many red flashes do you get?
2015-2-3
Use props
markus2015
lvl.4

Germany

The DJI manual states "When <solid red> appears, please hover the aircraft until it disappears, so as to have better flight"

Does your phantom's moters start and can it hover? If not, give it a try.
2015-2-3
Use props
uncle.scrooch
lvl.1

South Africa

Solid Red light. Phantom 2 in normal and in naza, does same problem.
2015-2-3
Use props
swomilan.email
lvl.4

Mexico

uncle.scrooch@g Posted at 2015-2-4 04:41
Solid Red light. Phantom 2 in normal and in naza, does same problem.

but you stated that you get also flashing red LEDs, how many flashes?  what frequency, fast, slow?
2015-2-3
Use props
uncle.scrooch
lvl.1

South Africa

I just tested, I'm not getting any flashes anymore. Just solid red coulour lights on the back. Flashes yellow when i switch off the Phantom remote, then solid Red when i switch on the remote.
2015-2-3
Use props
swomilan.email
lvl.4

Mexico

What are the Mod values of the accel., angle sensors and the compass when you connect with the phantom assistant software?
2015-2-3
Use props
uncle.scrooch
lvl.1

South Africa

Find below..
Untitled.png
2015-2-3
Use props
swomilan.email
lvl.4

Mexico

Your compass is dead or disconnected
2015-2-3
Use props
uncle.scrooch
lvl.1

South Africa

I'm indoors, is that still the case..?
2015-2-3
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

uncle.scrooch@g Posted at 2015-2-4 05:49
I'm indoors, is that still the case..?

yes, your compass works everywhere indoors and out.  
2015-2-3
Use props
uncle.scrooch
lvl.1

South Africa

Oh no   What's the step forward if compass is dead, send the whole drone back?  Or is it possible to replace myself?
2015-2-3
Use props
swomilan.email
lvl.4

Mexico

uncle.scrooch@g Posted at 2015-2-4 06:18
Oh no   What's the step forward if compass is dead, send the whole drone back?  Or is it possible  ...

First check the cable that connects to the compass, it's the small square sensor that is attached to one of the skids.
2015-2-3
Use props
uncle.scrooch
lvl.1

South Africa

swomilan.email Posted at 2015-2-4 06:30
First check the cable that connects to the compass, it's the small square sensor that is attached  ...

I Did, opened the copter, checked cables, they are connected just fine. Still getting Red lights
2015-2-3
Use props
swomilan.email
lvl.4

Mexico

Where did the cable connect to?  the GPS module or the main board?  (can't remember if it's the Phantom 2 or the Vision that connects the compass to the GPS module)
2015-2-3
Use props
uncle.scrooch
lvl.1

South Africa

swomilan.email Posted at 2015-2-4 06:36
Where did the cable connect to?  the GPS module or the main board?  (can't remember if it's the Phan ...

Normal Phantom 2. Installed H3-3D gimbal on it. Compass to the skid. So sad about this compass situation :"(
2015-2-3
Use props
swomilan.email
lvl.4

Mexico

uncle.scrooch@g Posted at 2015-2-4 07:06
Normal Phantom 2. Installed H3-3D gimbal on it. Compass to the skid. So sad about this compass situ ...

No I meant I can't remember where the Phantom 2 compass module connects to, the GPS module or the Main board ( you said you opened the Phantom ).
The compass module is available as spare part ,  you can also get the newer "anti-static" compass module and it's pretty easy to change out.
2015-2-3
Use props
uncle.scrooch
lvl.1

South Africa

swomilan.email Posted at 2015-2-4 07:13
No I meant I can't remember where the Phantom 2 compass module connects to, the GPS module or the  ...

Thanks for all your help and info, i Think i found the problem, the part that connects to the leg, the solders are lose/detached. Will go replace it tomorrow.
2015-2-3
Use props
zorain.nizamani
New

Pakistan

swomilan.email Posted at 2015-2-4 01:39
Forgot:  How many red flashes do you get?

i have the same issue, my p3 professional first said signal lost on the RC but the camera preview was still there on the DJI GO app,now the preview has gone too and the lights on the drone are solid red,updated the firmware did everything but no luck, any help?
2016-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules