Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
The DJI Assistant 2 cannot be installed on imac (Sierra)[RESOL...
6680 15 2016-10-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jason WAI
First Officer
Flight distance : 3136201 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

The DJI Assistant 2 cannot be installed on imac. I received an error message "Assistant" can't be opened because the identity of the developer cannot be confirmed. "  I've try to adjust the security preference but I could not.  Unlike to the previous OS , MacOS Sierra Version 10.12 do not allow apps download from Anywhere . I clicked "Open anway" but errors persist. May anyone tell me how it could be done ?

Screen.jpg
2016-10-24
Use props
gmccurdy
First Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft

Apple sure screwed up on their latest updates.  Even iOS 10.0.2 broke some iDevices.  Podcasts opens and closes, and the barometer that is used with Autopilot in the iPad cellulars is broken and software doesn't report the item as having a barometer much less the right name of the device.  I had to roll back to iOS version 9.3.5 and barometer works again, but the constant nag screens to update to iOS 10 is wearisome and I know it will break the device again.  Maybe 10.1 they will get it fixed in a year or so (And I thought Windows was bad!).

Apple's new Sierra seems to really be stubborn with software installs and permissions.  Some fight printer software and driver installs for hours.  Intuit Quickbooks fails and they want you to use Quickbooks online version (Cloud) as a solution which is unsatisfactory.

Also, the glossy Apple screen may not be the best idea for Assistant 2 VPS calibration.  Better to find a Windows machine with Assistant 2 and a matte screen.

Really seems odd that Assistant 2 works better with Windows, while GO works better with Apple.
2016-10-24
Use props
Jason WAI
First Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

gmccurdy@att.ne Posted at 2016-10-25 02:04
Apple sure screwed up on their latest updates.  Even iOS 10.0.2 broke some iDevices.  Podcasts opens ...

Hi gmccurdy

Thanks for your advice.

I used to run DJI Assistant on PC Window 10. I can refresh / upgrade the firmware but I could not run  VPS calibration. That's why I tried to install the assistant program on another computer.

AssistantonPC.jpg

one problem after another. the original problem is Phantom 4 loose altitudes during flight

Jason

2016-10-24
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jason WAI Posted at 2016-10-24 16:56
Hi gmccurdy

Thanks for your advice.

From assistant 2 in PC, try a firmware refresh and factory reset and then power off, then on aircraft, see if that helps.
2016-10-24
Use props
Jason WAI
First Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Aardvark Posted at 2016-10-25 03:02
From assistant 2 in PC, try a firmware refresh and factory reset and then power off, then on aircr ...

Hi  Aardvark
I trieds this 5 ~ 7 times during the past few hours.

reset, refresh , power off and then Calibration .

refresh , reset, power off and then Calibration .

but had the same camera connection problem. I can access the flight records and I can perform the firmware upgrade. I could not figure it out why I cannot do the VPS calibration.

After several attempts on PC, I though it may be good to try it on Imac . but now , another problem. Interesting ......   

Jason
2016-10-24
Use props
gmccurdy
First Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft

That yellow exclamation mark at the bottom of your Assistant 2 screenshot with the "Connection error and try restarting the drone" is telling.  In Windows you might open Device Manager and see if the drone is recognized and the USB is working.  While in Device Manager, try right clicking on it and see if the driver updates it too or if some other yellow exclamation is in there as well.  Maybe try a new USB cable too if not.

Could be the drone's firmware is not compatible with the newest version of Assistant 2 (1.0.6) too?  The current one seems to have a bug in that I get Chinese voices, if the speakers are on, explaining the operation.
2016-10-24
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

"The current one seems to have a bug in that I get Chinese voices, if the speakers are on, explaining the operation."

That will be the subliminal advertising for the Mavic

I get the same yet the calibration process works for me, along with the other bits.

My concern would be that there maybe is a genuine fault in the sensors. Certainly worth trying on another machine (the MAC) if possible.
2016-10-24
Use props
Paddle Faster
lvl.1
Flight distance : 678825 ft
United States

Hi Jason,  I was having the same problem running the previous OS. What worked for me is pressing the control button at the same time you mouse click the Assistant icon. This popped open a window asking if I was sure I wanted to do that.  Not familiar with Sierra yet. Hope this helps.
2016-10-24
Use props
Jason WAI
First Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

gmccurdy@att.ne Posted at 2016-10-25 03:32
That yellow exclamation mark at the bottom of your Assistant 2 screenshot with the "Connection error ...

HI gmccurdy

The drone is recognised on the PC and the USB is working. I can move the video files from the card to the PC. In Device Manager, The driver updates (Microsoft driver version  10.0.14393.0 ) .  No yellow exclamation mark was found in the device manager. USB Cable is new. Will try to find another cable to see if the problem persist.

Jason
2016-10-24
Use props
Jason WAI
First Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi Baldo81  

thanks , it works. The DJI Assistant 2 can be installed on OS Sierra iMac now.

Jason
2016-10-24
Use props
Jason WAI
First Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Aardvark Posted at 2016-10-25 03:50
"The current one seems to have a bug in that I get Chinese voices, if the speakers are on, explainin ...

Hi Aardvark

hope it was not the genuine fault in the sensors. I would have a trip early of November and would like to bring P4 with me.  I finally can install Assistant 2 on iMac and will try to complete the process once later today.

Jason
2016-10-24
Use props
Jason WAI
First Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Paddle Faster Posted at 2016-10-25 06:56
Hi Jason,  I was having the same problem running the previous OS. What worked for me is pressing the ...

thanks Paddle Faster.
2016-10-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Aardvark Posted at 2016-10-25 00:50
"The current one seems to have a bug in that I get Chinese voices, if the speakers are on, explainin ...

Thanks for your feedback, it's been reported, and will improve it in next version.
It working properly except the Chinese voice.
2016-10-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Jason, glad to hear that you made it successfully, hope you enjoy it and happy flying.
2016-10-24
Use props
Adriano LA
New

United States

I am also having problems with the obstacle sensors calibration. I have the latest firmware version on the Phantom 4 and running V1.0.7 of the DJI Assistant 2 on a Windows 10 Desktop.

Once the calibration process starts, there is a small delay between the movements of my P4 and the red marks (those showing the P4 sensors) on the black and white screen. So, initially I am able to move the P4 back and forth to adjust the size of the red square to match the blue, by waiting for the lagging red lines to follow my movements. However, once the second stage of calibration starts, that one in which you need to aim the sensors at the moving blue square on the screen, the delay starts to get longer and longer until at one point it never catches up and it is impossible to complete the process of calibration. I notice that the images showing what the sensors are seeing, those two on the bottom left side of the screen, are frozen and not moving.

Anyone had that issue on Windows?

While I was typing this I borrowed a Mac and followed the instructions referred to above, and was able to successfully calibrate the sensors. So definitely the problems is with the Windows 10 version or my PC.
2016-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules