Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
ATTI and GPS mode transition problem
1308 8 2016-10-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Handsfreebicycl
lvl.2

United States

3:52 of this linked video. The guy said that he didn't want to fly too high since the gps will kick on and have problems ( he was in POTI mode that time).
Isn't this the exact problem the other thread has talked about several days ago?

This video now proves taht this mode transition problem is not a single case....then i would believe this problem along can prevent DJI from shipping all their products...

That is a huge problem...they may need much more time to solve this or even, it may need some hardware changes on the remote control to solve this?

Why didn't they discover this problem earlier? this should be something that had been tested in the very first place....

2016-10-24
Use props
Ange1walk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30305 ft

Well, why would you want to fly higher indoors anyway? I see no problems.

Edit: Oh and btw, you said he is in P-OPTI, that's the same as P-ATTI anyway, no GPS is used in both Modes, except in P-OPTI the Downwards Sensors are being used, while P-ATTI is only the AC's Barometer
2016-10-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It opti mode poti mode is when you are about to crash into a wall, lol , I think they have already upgraded firmware to stop this happening.
2016-10-24
Use props
Handsfreebicycl
lvl.2

United States

Ange1walk Posted at 2016-10-24 20:02
Well, why would you want to fly higher indoors anyway? I see no problems.

Edit: Oh and btw, you sai ...

The point is there should not be any problems when gps kicks in..but why that guy is afraid of gps kicking in? I dont know why shouldn't i fly higher indoor regarding to your first question. what if I have a high enough living room?
2016-10-24
Use props
Handsfreebicycl
lvl.2

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-24 20:08
It opti mode poti mode is when you are about to crash into a wall, lol , I think they have already u ...

That is what they announced....I just want to know how could they they way avoid that simply from updating the firmware. A new set of logic when gps signal is not stable? or how and when will the drone decides to use gps data when its not stable...
2016-10-24
Use props
Zc4nW8WAYWvI
lvl.3

United States

Handsfreebicycl Posted at 2016-10-24 17:15
The point is there should not be any problems when gps kicks in..but why that guy is afraid of gps ...

I think the issue had to do with knowing its altitude...  Like that video where the guy flew it off his balcony.  This was addressed in the most recent firmware update.
2016-10-24
Use props
Handsfreebicycl
lvl.2

United States

Zc4nW8WAYWvI Posted at 2016-10-24 21:17
I think the issue had to do with knowing its altitude...  Like that video where the guy flew it of ...

I really hope when I get mine this problem can be fully solved...
2016-10-24
Use props
Zc4nW8WAYWvI
lvl.3

United States

Handsfreebicycl Posted at 2016-10-24 18:24
I really hope when I get mine this problem can be fully solved...

It was specifically mentioned in the recent firmware notes...
2016-10-25
Use props
Crusader 901
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Did i hear that right at 1:50 "but that can be turnd off" .
He's talking about the Geofencing.
Would be nice if it could!

Anyone know more about this?
2016-10-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules