Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire Pro Zenmuse x5R sending footage to Clients????
1134 4 2016-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
moviepilot
New

Hey guys,
I was planning on purchasing a new Inspire Pro with the Zenmuse x5R camera for a few upcoming projects.  However, I was just wondering how is everybody handling getting the raw footage to clients after a shoot?  My understanding is that you can only download the footage into DJI's proprietary software CineLight. . .And also the Inspire comes with only one SSD,

So, if you need to send your client the raw footage for them to edit after the shoot, . .What's the best way to make that happen?
Any insight or recommendations will be helpful. . .Thanks in advance. . .
Ray-

2016-10-25
Use props
iSkyUnmannedSys
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7152087 ft
  • >>>

For one make sure your client knows how to handle the DNG stacks. Or your best converting the RAW footage to a file type which your client can handles such as ProRes.

External hard drives are pretty cheap these days. I have one client who posted me a 3TB drive so I can transfer the DNG stacks off the camera's SSD card. I then posted them it back. Done this three times now with them. Or, you buy one and charge them for it if as part of the job. if they do return it refund them
2016-10-25
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
Flight distance : 21621841 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

ProRes is a good way of distributing
2016-10-26
Use props
sfdrones.tv
First Officer
Flight distance : 1257218 ft
  • >>>

Usually I hand the footage over on location before I leave. Sadly this means sitting around on set for a couple of hours because the footage takes 3-5 times real time to transfer off the drive. At least though you have one backup done before you leave set. I then transfer to my own drive at home so i have a copy. Recently it took nearly 4 hours to transfer a completely full drive.
2016-11-6
Use props
Tools
New

United States

We're a VFX house that recently received some DNG drone footage. One thing to note with the Zenmuse X5R is that the footage you get is stored as 8-bit (D-Log) DNGs, so if your clients are expecting RAW footage that can be used in an HDR pipeline, they should be forwarned that they won't have a great deal of dynamic range.

Additionally we ran into an issue immediately where our compositing software(s) (Flame 2017 and Nuke 10.0v4) do not support Adobe DNG. Had the client turned over ProRes, we would have been in better shape to begin with, so I might recommend that. We tried downloading the DJI Transcoding tool, but it seemed to require '.mov' or '.mp4's as input, so we were unable to use it on the '.dng's we were given. Ultimately we ended up using After Effects 2015 to transcode the footage to a usable format, but the AE Render engine is SO SLOW I don't recommend this approach!

Resolve seems to be the best way to bring in the footage. If anyone has advice for combining this footage into an HDR pipeline, we'd love to hear it.
2017-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules