Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Care Refresh Q&A - Mavic
21190 86 2016-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NoSale
lvl.4
Flight distance : 460958 ft
United States

I believe most who have researched and read the past threads do have an awareness of the potential increase in premiums on a homeowners policy if a file is claimed; regardless of whether your PAP is with the same insurance provider or not.  However, what is not really known is how much it can potentially increase your premiums if a file is claimed.  Since you have gone through that and have experienced a premium increase, maybe you could share how much it increased, whether you were insured for homeowners by the same provider as the PAP policy, and any other details that would be useful information to know.

BTW - my premiums increase often without claims.  I have an auto policy through Allstate that reduces my deductible for every year I go claim free.  I have religiously received reduction of deductible, but have also had increases to premiums; despite never filing a claim.  I generally call in and have my policy reset back to the higher deductible and my premiums drop back to where they were.  So despite being claim free, my auto premium increases.  The insurance company says its because of an industry wide increase.  I say its because my deductible dropped.  Similar thing happens almost annually with homeowners.  It goes up despite never filing a claim.

Please share with us the increase you experienced from making a PAP claim.  That would be invaluable..........
2017-5-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansf954ef7c Posted at 2017-5-13 18:01
I live in Brazil and just bought a Mavic.  I know that the DJI Care Refresh don't work in Brazil. But although it will fly the most of time there, I have an US Postal Address.  So, If I would need to use Care Refresh, could I send my mavic by my US Address? Or maybe trough a friend?  DJI told me that I should activate the DJI Care Refresh after 48h after Mavic activation, so, I someone give a faster answer I will appreciate.

Your best bet for an exact answer is to email djicare@dji.com
I was under the impression that Care Refresh goes with your serial# and where you purchased the Mavic.
2017-5-15
Use props
fans6863c569
New
United States

DJI stole my Remote Controller

I purchased my Mavic Pro earlier this year, as I was taking drone lessons with Dart Drones, I crashed my Mavic.  I went online to start the process of sending it back for repair, as I have purchased  Care Refresh.
the problem was with that black plastic behind the gimble holding it in place.  On DJI's website for care refresh, I read that I have to send my RC along with the Aircraft for diagnosis. And in another part of the website, it said that one should not send the RC because DJI is not responsible for it if loss.

So I called DJI, spoke with a rep, and he told me that I need to send my RC with the defective aircraft for diagnosis (as mentioned on DJI's webpage. So I did send them both, the RC and Aircraft, as recommended by DJI's rep.  

upon returning my package, to my surprise, I saw they sent me JUST THE AIRCRAFT! I was confused. so I looked everywhere  home to see it I did not send the RC. the RC was not home. so I called DJI, they gave me the run around for almost 1 month to tell me that I did not send the RC and that they will not replace my lost RC.

Here I am, after spending almost $ 2,000 (fly more combo, Dart Drone Lessons, 3rd party accessories and bag) on a drone that is just going to be sitting here on my shelf.

I know I could use my phone as RC, but that is not the point.  

I am disappointed in DJI and how they handled this. and what got me upset is for them to tell me that I did not send the RC and making me feel like I am trying to pull a fast one on them.

SHAME on you DJI.

2017-6-24
Use props
kl2525
Flight distance : 1283 ft
Canada

fans6863c569 Posted at 2017-6-24 07:34
DJI stole my Remote Controller

I purchased my Mavic Pro earlier this year, as I was taking drone lessons with Dart Drones, I crashed my Mavic.  I went online to start the process of sending it back for repair, as I have purchased  Care Refresh.

i had the same confusion. i was talking to online tech support who told me no need to send in the RC, while in the instruction email i got from dji said to include it. also, the online tech told me to include the battery while the instructions in the email from dji said not to.

I followed what the online tech support told me and i am crossing my fingers that i will get my drone back in one piece including battery + camera/gimbal plastic protector.

in the document that you sent in with your drone, did you include the serial number of your RC?  also in the confirmation email from dji when they received your drone, did they list the RC in the table that shows the items they received? mine showed aircraft and battery.
2017-7-6
Use props
fansa124a42e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 106371 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ange1walk Posted at 2016-10-25 10:00
Take a look here: http://www.dji.com/de/service/djicare-refresh/info

But basically, if it gets Damaged, they will check if it's repairable, if not you'll get a new Unit.

Not true. It will be replaced if they feel like replacing it. They will try hard to avoid it. In my experience, it was wasted money. They are very good at finding reasons why they wont replace the drone.
2017-9-11
Use props
fansa124a42e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 106371 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-25 10:10
If you crash, you send it in and you will have the option to pay for the repair or use your Care Refresh.
If it's a $100 repair, I'd pay for the repair. If it's a $500 repair then I'd use the Refresh and get a new Mavic.

Yeah, well, call me first. My mileage varies.
2017-9-11
Use props
gtoews
lvl.3
Flight distance : 282159 ft
Canada

fansa124a42e Posted at 2017-9-11 19:09
Yeah, well, call me first. My mileage varies.

Anyone know the current turn around times?
2017-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules