2637 25 2016-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fraser
lvl.3
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
Canada

So one of the first things I tried to do with my new Mavic was simulated an emerency landing with the motor kill switch via crossing the sticks to the outer bottom points.

I tried it once in an open space while hovering low over soft ground but it just resulted in the craft veering in those directions. I then tried it MANY times in the flight simulator, also to no effect.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

***EDIT***

Since some people accusing me of not reading the manual have clearly not read the MAVIC PRO manual, attched is the portion that mentions the feature that allows CSC at ANY TIME.

Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 2.38.55 PM.png
2016-10-25
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1638323 ft
United States

Yea, NOT READING THE MANUAL
2016-10-25
Use props
70challenger
lvl.3
Canada

Sorry I have no idea, you are in Canada where did you buy your Mavic from?
2016-10-25
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

RTFM... I guess we are going to see a lot of posts of users not READING!
2016-10-25
Use props
70challenger
lvl.3
Canada

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2016-10-25 12:37
Yea, NOT READING THE MANUAL

I guess that should be mandatory before posting, did you read the manual? I'm still reading it.
2016-10-25
Use props
Ange1walk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30305 ft

You can't Kill the Motors Mid flight, even if you hover 30cm, they can only be turned-off  mid flight   if the Flight Controller detects a Critical Error.

Read the Manual ;)
2016-10-25
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

Reading the manual is absolutely mandatory, but it's a big manual with a huge amount of information. This forum would be great to post a question an get a helpful answer from another user. Or is this forum only for complaining?
2016-10-25
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You have to hold RTH as well as do CSC if you want to crash it while flying.
The manual states this if you read it.
Why would anyone want to shut motors off in mid-air unless it caught fire or something.
2016-10-25
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

Anoniem Posted at 2016-10-26 03:50
Reading the manual is absolutely mandatory, but it's a big manual with a huge amount of information. ...

If a person can't be bothered with reading the manual, they probably shouldn't be flying.
2016-10-25
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164354 ft
United Kingdom

Is this a wind up? Who would want to crash their new Mavic? If the OP is seriously trying to crash his drone before having had the fun out of it then he has to be top of the list for the 2016 Darwin awards. I am familiar with auto rotation in a helicopter but thought this is not possible in a drone.
2016-10-25
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41668330 ft
  • >>>
United States

While I agree that reading the Manual is mandatory, there are going to be a lot of these types of questions.  Many of the purchasers have never flown a drone before especially one as advanced as the Mavic.  Let's try to welcome them into the group and make their first flights successful.  Thank you, remember we all started somewhere and sometime.
2016-10-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

The emergency CSC for the Mavic is the same as the P3 both crossed sticks to bottom inner or lower corners.
BUT, you can adjust that in the Advanced tab of the MC settings. On Android the options are
"Push sticks inner/outer (Always) or "Push sticks inner/outer (Breakdown) which the latter means you can CSC after there's an accident.

For IOS the options for CSC are "Stick Cross Stop" and "Only when aircraft is abnormal"

So basically you can fly with the CSC as DJI has always had or with the Mavic you now have the option to disable it from you accidentally doing the CSC stick inputs.
2016-10-25
Use props
fraser
lvl.3
  • >>>

Unlike some people here I DID read the manual cover to cover, and I have posted a screenshot of where is clearly states that you can override this setting in the GO app, which I did.

Why would I want to use this feature? As a new user I am very cautious that the Mavic Pro has the capability to hurt people or myself. In the case I might find somebody despite my efforts in harm's way of the blades I want to be able to completely shut down the unit. If I want to test this feature while floating a couple feet over long soft grass, why shouldn't I?

You guys are incredibly hostile. This was eye opening, I think I will avoid this forum when I have questions like this in the future.
Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 2.38.55 PM.png
2016-10-25
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-10-25 21:55
While I agree that reading the Manual is mandatory, there are going to be a lot of these types of qu ...

Hi Ed

I appreciate your generosity in welcoming new members to the drone fraternity, of which I am one, or hope to be soon! The OP hasn't come back following the advice given in response to his post which made me suspicious that he may be yet another troll. If I am wrong I sincerely apologise, but who would choose one of the first things to try out with a new purchase would be how to crash it!
2016-10-25
Use props
CaveDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11549 ft
United States

Sigh.... the piling on of forum users on a user with a "dumb" question just so IRKSOME! Didn't Yo mama say if you don't have anything nice to say... say nothing at ALL? I have had enough of this SCAT  (look it up) from the media, people in the news, forums, facebook. The disrepect is everywhere... ad nauseam.  {:4_154:} End rant....

2016-10-25
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

It is not about dumb or not, it is about information that is CLEARLY stated in the manual. Asking on a forum is lazy and wasted BW and time of people, when the most obvious answers can be found in the manual. This PROVES he did not READ it at all! This is what is wrong with this hobby. People see youtube videos, see how easy it is to fly, but they have not understanding about what it is all about.
2016-10-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Nees Posted at 2016-10-26 06:47
It is not about dumb or not, it is about information that is CLEARLY stated in the manual. Asking on ...

I do suggest every person to read the manual cover to cover, and even a few times.
Although the Mavic is a very easy aircraft to fly, you really need to learn how all the features and functions operate and also know it's limitations.
2016-10-25
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
United Kingdom

fraser@farfroms Posted at 2016-10-25 22:44
Unlike some people here I DID read the manual cover to cover, and I have posted a screenshot of wher ...

Hi Fraser,

There has been a lot of "noise" here from a minority of people complaining about DJI for one reason or another. The delay in shipping has caused a great deal of scaremongering and heated exchanges. Some members have justifiably had their posts deleted or membership withdrawn, only to reappear under another guise spreading Malicious and fictitious claims.
I'm sorry I suggested you could be another example of this type of behaviour, my second post must have appeared shortly after your return to the thread as I was composing my reply to Tahoe Ed.
I truly hope you stick around; the hype will die down as more people receive their Mavics in the next few days and weeks. The admins here are knowledgeable and will help you if you need advice. I wholeheartedly apologise to you in making an incorrect assumption for which I'm genuinely sorry. I appreciate your reasoning and explanation for why you posted what you did and congratulate you on your concerns for safety.
2016-10-25
Use props
fraser
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

rick39 Posted at 2016-10-25 17:59
Hi Fraser,

There has been a lot of "noise" here from a minority of people complaining about DJI f ...

Appreciate the sentiment. I'm running hot too after that unwarranted pile on. Good thing is I just shot a beautiful sunset to calm me down.
2016-10-25
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
United Kingdom

fraser@farfroms Posted at 2016-10-26 02:03
Appreciate the sentiment. I'm running hot too after that unwarranted pile on. Good thing is I just ...

Wish I was there, love you loads!
2016-10-25
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
United Kingdom

CaveDrone Posted at 2016-10-25 23:40
Sigh.... the piling on of forum users on a user with a "dumb" question just so IRKSOME!  Didn't Yo m ...

Hi Jim,

It's commendable that you gave fraser the benefit of the doubt, but I hope you appreciate my reasons for suspecting an ulterior motive, as I hope I've explained in subsequent posts in this thread. I too am a novice and want to garner as much pertinent information and sound advice as I can, without having to trawl through false information and unwanted vitriol. I'm sorry if my opinions upset you in similar regard.
Your first production is very pleasing and your daughter has a lovely voice. Les Miserables is my favourite stage production, making your final edit all the more enjoyable.

Sorry for hijacking the thread fraser, hope you find the solution to the problem and post it here.
2016-10-25
Use props
yonuwK8ymzkl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 874278 ft
Singapore

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-25 13:33
The emergency CSC for the Mavic is the same as the P3 both crossed sticks to bottom inner or lower corners.
BUT, you can adjust that in the Advanced tab of the MC settings. On Android the options are
"Push sticks inner/outer (Always) or "Push sticks inner/outer (Breakdown) which the latter means you can CSC after there's an accident.

May I know, if I choose the latter option ("For emergency use only"), when/how does the aircraft determine when I'm permitted to activate the command?
2017-2-26
Use props
Maxxgold
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19157 ft
United States

4wd Posted at 2016-10-25 11:54
You have to hold RTH as well as do CSC if you want to crash it while flying.
The manual states this if you read it.
Why would anyone want to shut motors off in mid-air unless it caught fire or something.

If you can't figure out why someone would want to initiate the CSC, then you really are not fit to be flying anything in the sky!
2017-2-26
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

Dirty Bird Posted at 2016-10-25 12:30
You might want to read the manual more closely.  You can start the motors with that method but you can only stop them that way while you are on the ground.  In the air you would use left-stick bottom right + RTH.  I really don't recommend testing this live unless you are hovering over your bed.

"In the air you would use left-stick bottom right + RTH"
I'd never heard of this particular CSC for cutting the motors. Where is that stated in the manual?
2017-2-26
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

i accidentally csc my vision 2+ 2 years ago about 200ft up dropped like a rock and smash into parking lot had to get a whole new gimble maybe this is why they have that disabled to prevent accidental motor kill
2017-2-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

yonuwK8ymzkl Posted at 2017-2-26 06:40
May I know, if I choose the latter option ("For emergency use only"), when/how does the aircraft determine when I'm permitted to activate the command?

It's if the flight controller senses a serious error that will cause a crash.
2017-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules