Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Communication
1977 16 2016-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
uKsAN097g5rl
lvl.4

United States

I've been following the forum and reading the responses regarding the delayed Mavic for a while.  My beef isn't with the wait, no company can completly anticipate demand and while this could certainly either be the problem or a contributing factor its not my focus of my concern.  However . . . when a company announces a ship date, takes your money in advance, then starts making excuses why they can't deliver your product . . . my BS meter pegs.  

Like many others I went online this morning to cancel the order . . . my view of DJI and the way they have mishandled this launch is inexcusable.  Did they make a few of these drones to upstage the competitions launch date, garner orders, collect money to fund the booked orders then send a few out and atrinbute the delay to demand?  Don't know, don't really care.  What I do care about is the fact they collected 100% of the proceeds, most paying a $1,000 or more without even getting ANY idea when/if you receive what you already purschased.  How many other businesses can operate this way and customers find the policy acceptable? While my frustration toward DJI has peaked I like many others recognize this drone is preferred, while I don't remain optimistic on definitive response I am hopeful.

It was time to send the following;

I placed three orders on October 7/8th, funds were withdrawn from  my account, however I have not received any notification of shipment for  more than two and half weeks.  Despite the fact I was told shipping  would start Oct 15, all that has been communicated is that you're busy  with many orders and don't/won't provide any information about when the  items ordered will be available.  It doesn't sit well with me when  someone makes a commitment to start deliveries on specific date, takes  the consumers money, then not only fails to provide the product but  has no information on when/if it will ever be delivered. It's hard to  believe this action isn't criminal and I expect there is more to come  with your many customers on this issue.

I've attempted to reach anyone in the online store however it continues to say it's busy and there is no response.

I  am formally requesting that you provide a confirmed shipping date by  the end of your business day today or I'll assume you don't have the  product or the ability to deliver what's been ordered as you originally  committed and I'll move to request a refund.  

001203827***

001203892***

001205309***

Regards,

2016-10-25
Use props
FrequentFlyer
Second Officer
United States

Save your breath and request a refund.
2016-10-25
Use props
FrequentFlyer
Second Officer
United States

Also you dont know if this may be typical business practice in China to take money before shipping.
2016-10-25
Use props
Lepus
lvl.4

Canada

Well written message, but I have a feeling this will be closed soon, and the mods will advise you to post in the numerous threads that they already have about this.  Everyone is getting the same response from DJI at this moment and that probably won't change.  There should be a thread created for those who have received their Mavics and all those posts should be placed into one.
2016-10-25
Use props
Zc4nW8WAYWvI
lvl.4

United States

That last line...  Seriously?  You pre-ordered a high demand item, and were very late in doing so.  So damn self-entitled.
2016-10-25
Use props
rapidus67
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1435774 ft

If you pay by PayPal just fill a claim .. i guarantee they like it PayPal hold the money
2016-10-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I truly am sorry that you have not received your product yet. We've posted the official statements and that is all the information we have.
First preorders have started shipping and since you ordered Oct 7th/8th I do not know where in line that puts you and online sales would have to give you more detailed information. If they are not available, then all I can say is keep trying and they will answer you. You can use the email or chat. http://www.dji.com/support/product/mavic

I see your formal request and again I'm not in sales but with your order date being almost 2 weeks after the ordering started. There are probably tens of thousands of orders ahead of you so I don't you would be getting a shipping conformation today.

Again, I am sorry.
2016-10-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

How many other businesses can operate this way and customers find the policy acceptable?

Well one comes to mind, but it goes by many names, and we all still today use its services, they still use all our hard earned cash to make billions in profits for their share holders, and when they lost all our money we then had to bail them out, and still we continued to do business with them everyday, it's called the bank.
I know dji has let down many of its customers and a whole lot of new customers, they seem to have handled this wrong , much of what people are saying as to why dji have acted this way, is second guessing, it may be right, it may be wrong, who knows , but in a months time it will all be over, and there will be something else.
But here's a thing I have 3 children, they don't seem to mind waiting a whole year for Christmas, yet here we have a bunch of adults whining whinging and moaning like fish wives, because they have to wait an extra 2/3 or maybe 4 weeks, for what is basically an adult toy.
What are we like......
2016-10-25
Use props
stevenwradloff
lvl.1

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-26 05:26
How many other businesses can operate this way and customers find the policy acceptable?

Well one  ...

First world problems lol
2016-10-25
Use props
uKsAN097g5rl
lvl.4

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-25 14:26

Well one  ...

Great points Hall, thanks for sharing!

As a Father too I Can definitely relate to the kids analogy. However I can't help but wonder how they'd react when you told them the week of Christmas that it wasn't going to happen on the 25th, and when they asked when it was rescheduled you replied with an "I don't kno, but sometime in the future."  And when they seem confused by your answer you stated"it's a busy time of year, a lot of kids want their toys," lastly you remind them they're toys.

If you read my post again you'll see I'm not angry about the delivery date . . . $h!t happens, pick your excuse.  My focus is requiring 100% percent of the proceeds without making any form of a commitment to the client.  Heck, tell everyone you have 100 million on order, we expect delivery this century, just be honest. People generally respond much better to the truth over BS.  Sure they may still be disappointed, but they'll appreciate not being played.

Sorry if that seems like a unreasonable request, but it what we do with our customers, so I guess it's my expectation

2016-10-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

uKsAN097g5rl Posted at 2016-10-26 00:31
Great points Hall, thanks for sharing!

As a Father too I Can definitely relate to the kids analog ...

You'll find children are much more acceptable when things go wrong than a lot of adults, you mention they should have explained they got millions of orders, well first statement mentioned unprecedented orders there is a delay, reaction, adults almost jumping out of buildings, next statement two days later, we are starting to ship Mavics please check your order status , more people going crazy, 4 days later we are starting to ship Mavic Combo , and the frenzy starts again , so coming out and giving statements isn't really helping so far, if dji came out and said, there is going to be a 4 week delay judging by reaction of previous statements, we would be picking people up of the floor now.
No matter what amount of statements you put out, you will never please everyone, and eventually the lunatics will take over the asylum,
But now that Mavics have been sent out,we are starting to see a change here on this forum, now almost half of the threads from people saying things my Mavic landed I can't get it out of the box, gimbal calibration what do I do etc etc etc, if you want one you know you are going to have to wait, so be it,

The question about holding on to people's money, is not a valid argument simply because everyone knows this from day one that you had to pay to register your order, and if your order doesn't arrive when you thought just get your money back be done with it , or except there is going to be a delay, I have excepted, you might not have and that's you prerogative.

We could never learn to be brave and patient, if there were only joy in the world.
2016-10-25
Use props
uKsAN097g5rl
lvl.4

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-25 17:08
You'll find children are much more acceptable when things go wrong than a lot of adults, you menti ...

"We could never learn to be brave and patient, if there were only joy in the world."

A most profound quote from Hellen Keller and very fitting.

Indeed. . . we all have the right to request a refund.

2016-10-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

uKsAN097g5rl Posted at 2016-10-26 01:39
"We could never learn to be brave and patient, if there were only joy in the world."

A most profo ...

Happy days so'
2016-10-25
Use props
hX5x70AfdW7R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144541 ft

At this point I would be happy if I just received the extra ordered battery... So I know it's real lol
2016-10-25
Use props
hwkidd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22877 ft
United States

hX5x70AfdW7R Posted at 2016-10-25 18:14
At this point I would be happy if I just received the extra ordered battery... So I know it's real l ...

they told me the extra items like props and batteries will not ship until in November,  so  it might be a while,  need to build up inventory and complete kits and combos,   before they start shipping single parts,   I do not like it, but  understand,   and I can wait,   I get my DRONE  in the morning, but will be leaving for a while so I will not get to test it till  I return,,,, darn,,lol
2016-10-25
Use props
Mooney
lvl.4

United States

I find this acceptable.

While disappointed they're holding my money until fulfilling the order, I now have a tangible delivery date.

Dear Mooney

Since the orders in September haven't finished shipping, I am afraid the estimated date of your drone will be within November on a first come first served basis.
we have received many preorders since the launch date, so we may not be able to fulfill all preorders for the moment. You have our sincere apology for this. We would appreciate your patience. We will urge related departments to ship the orders ASAP on first come first served basis.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
DJI online store
2016-10-26
Use props
Linsenfest
lvl.4
Flight distance : 199475 ft
Germany

Mooney Posted at 2016-10-26 15:46
I find this acceptable.

While disappointed they hold on to the money until,fulfilling the order, I ...

Whats your order date?
2016-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules