Osmo Live Streaming in Facebook or YouTube
4360 6 2016-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vipersl65
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31644 ft
United States

Is this availablle in Android?  I cant seem to find it in the menu.  Its easy to find in iOS.  Can someone pls help me?  Thanks
2016-10-26
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

No, it's not available in Android, and won't be. Since you need wifi to connect to Osmo, and you can't use cellular network to stream when you're using wifi on an Android phone
2016-10-26
Use props
Vinter
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-10-27 01:49
No, it's not available in Android, and won't be. Since you need wifi to connect to Osmo, and you can ...

So you guys lied to us for months that this feature was coming to Android?

How does the Osmo connect to iOS if it isn't Wifi like on the Android platform? I mean the only reason I still have this thing laying around is because I was going to use this for live streaming to Facebook with it and was told that the feature was coming.

I don't plan on ever buying a DJI device again.
2016-11-15
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Vinter Posted at 2016-11-16 04:51
So you guys lied to us for months that this feature was coming to Android?

How does the Osmo con ...

The iOS works differently than Android. iOS allows you use wifi and cellular network at the same time, Android doesn't. Sorry about that
2016-11-15
Use props
Skint
lvl.2
New Zealand

While that is true there are many other ways to provide an internet connection to an android device than just cellular. You can use a mobile router connected to the Osmo's wifi hotspot, Cellular connection shared over USB to phone/tablet running DJI Go or if your like me using the system at live events, an external android box plugged in to a good old cat6 network connection then onto the fibre.

Having said that, while it is workable for some people I can see the majority trying to use it the iOS way and then DJI-Thor has lots of threads with people complaining that he has to deal with.
2016-11-16
Use props
salesabpllc
New

United States

Skint Posted at 2016-11-16 17:27
While that is true there are many other ways to provide an internet connection to an android device  ...

On top of the previous post, that is not true anymore and that is easy to confirm for example people doing home automation like WEMO and TPLINK, infact the explain in several product how to avoid to be connected to the HA Device and navigate for installtion purpose because this create a complexity during the installation.

BUt DJI a very innovative company is not able to solve the issue other people do in reverse, guy 2 thing change the development team that is focus on UX, please keep the one are designing the product because are genious.

Having say that please check the link below this is bringing a clear perspective about how android is moving after 5.0. and today we are in 7.0, no way to beleive you guys.

I will be returning back my OSMO+ because you are not able to complement your product and my MAVIC PRO because you are not anymore the best company in this arena more are to come., check your radar.

https://www.quora.com/Why-can-yo ... iOS-but-not-Android
2016-12-3
Use props
Tune345
lvl.3
Flight distance : 446138 ft
United States

Skint Posted at 2016-11-16 01:27
While that is true there are many other ways to provide an internet connection to an android device than just cellular. You can use a mobile router connected to the Osmo's wifi hotspot, Cellular connection shared over USB to phone/tablet running DJI Go or if your like me using the system at live events, an external android box plugged in to a good old cat6 network connection then onto the fibre.

Having said that, while it is workable for some people I can see the majority trying to use it the iOS way and then DJI-Thor has lots of threads with people complaining that he has to deal with.

Can you explain this setup more ? I have osmo+ and S5
2017-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules