Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Terrible Footage with the Mavic....
8704 60 2016-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rocco12475
lvl.3

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-10-27 09:10
I don't know.  Have you contacted .  They can assist you further.

Guess you didn't read my whole message...

They don't reply to my email I send to them 6 days ago now.  They quick to take my cash but extremely slow at letting me know any real info about when I will get what I paid for.    I can understand high demand since I am a business owner but I also know as a business owner not having good communication with your customers is recipe for disaster no matter how good the product.  

I don't mind waiting but I mind not knowing anything about when I should expect to see my order!

Maybe you should relay this message to upper management since this is how 99% of their customers are feeling right now.   

If they said, we have an issue producing batteries, fine no problem!  Give me idea when they are expected and I wait!  

If they said, we have some technical issue with a percentage of the drones being produced and we need more time to deliver a flawless product, no problem I wait!

If they said,  we can only produce 50 a day and we have 1000's of orders. No problem I wait!

If they said ANYTHING that wasn't just a vague statement that isn't saying anything I would be fine and just wait!

This is my first time ordering a product from DJI.   I think DJI makes good products.   I think in the end everyone will be happy.  I think people should chill for the most part and let DJI work out doing what they do best, make drones!  So far though my experience hasn't been the greatest but that is mostly because I want my drone already!  

At the very least, I want to have some guess if not a real date range of when I could maybe expect to see it ship out.

Not so much to ask I don't think.... I am pretty sure DJI knows the numbers of how many units have been orders, how many can be products daily and how many until mine sends out.  

Sounds pretty simple to me!  
2016-10-26
Use props
Linsenfest
lvl.4
Flight distance : 199475 ft
Germany

rocco12475 Posted at 2016-10-27 03:00
ED, Where is my Mavic???  I gave DJI a lot of money and they don't even reply to my emails asking wh ...

Welcome to the real world!
2016-10-26
Use props
rocco12475
lvl.3

rocco12475 Posted at 2016-10-27 14:25
Guess you didn't read my whole message...

They don't reply to my email I send to them 6 days ago ...

They don't want to say anything because they don't want people to cancel but more people are going to cancel due to lack of knowing what's up.  If they said we expect to ship out xxxxx Mavic Pro's this week! Maybe that would help if they don't want to give too much information to the public but what they are doing right now in my opinion is going to hurt more I think.  

2016-10-26
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
First Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

rocco12475 Posted at 2016-10-26 23:36
They don't want to say anything because they don't want people to cancel but more people are going ...

OK, take a moment...  BREATHE...  Now realize...  YOU'RE IN THE WRONG THREAD!!!!!!!!!
2016-10-26
Use props
Free Bird
lvl.4

Canada

This footage reminded me of when I am photographing the propellers of an airplane when I'm inside. It definitely has to do with the timing of the frames per second. A strobe light effect but with frames per second.
That said the effect could be useful in some instances.
Another comparison about useful techniques is with a larger aperture you will loose your depth of field very quickly. (the mavic has a larger aperture) It's not as noticeable with the focus set to infinity for shooting sunsets and such but when your shots include buildings or people the focal points gets more noticeable. If you know how aperture sizes verses depth of field can blur out things in the photo or keep everything in focus you can work this to your advantage.
So I don't see it as a big problem just an adjustment to the camera frames per second, but then others might.
2016-10-26
Use props
Revs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73514 ft
United Kingdom

Ben Ditto Posted at 2016-10-27 03:17
The effect you're seeing has nothing to do with “jello”, shutter speeds or optimal ISO. This is a  ...

This ^

What you see in the vid is a result of capturing 1080p on a 4k sensor, combined with poor optimisation. The DJI should be able to sort this with an update. Looks like every other pixel is being ignored to achieve 1080p instead of taking the 4k image and halfing it. It uses less CPU power but looks.. well.. like crap.

I hope they sort it anyway as I'm planning on using 1080p60 the majority of the time as I want/need to film at 60fps.
2016-10-26
Use props
SimonH78
Captain
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'd say try a lower frame rate and turn the sharpness down in the app - PS you guys do'nt care where the heck you guys fly in the US -
2016-10-27
Use props
Ben Ditto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 239491 ft
Portugal

Revs Posted at 2016-10-27 15:58
This ^

What you see in the vid is a result of capturing 1080p on a 4k sensor, combined with poor ...

Thanks, Revs. Everyone seems to be missing the issue and ignoring my suggestion.
2016-10-27
Use props
Revs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73514 ft
United Kingdom

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-10-27 01:47
Please try 4K.  I think that you will be pleased.  You can down sample to 1080 if you decide to do s ...

You can't upscale the frame rate though Ed. This needs sorting buddy and it shouldn't be a hard fix, just a different capturing method for 1080p via a firmware update.

I've bought my Mavic specifically to film FPV racing and RC planes and it must be at least 50fps to be watchable. If there's anything you can do to find out if; a/ DJI are aware of this issue and b/ they are working on a update, I'd be very greatful Cheers
2016-10-27
Use props
st pauli
Second Officer

United States

If someone has received a Mavic and is experiencing trouble with it (or not), there is a poll at Poll: Having trouble with your Mavic? Update here that we are looking for feedback on.
2016-10-27
Use props
ctopysf
lvl.3

United States

I hope the fix for this is high priority. Seems like a pretty big deal that two of the advertised video modes don't capture usable footage.
2016-11-7
Use props
ENG101
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19642 ft
New Zealand

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-10-27 09:51
Agreed there are ways users can minimize the situation.  i have done video at 1080 96.  It is perfec ...

Is there a way to tell the shutter speed just from the video file or I have to only do that from the app at the time of capture?
2016-11-16
Use props
Tee Win
lvl.1

United States

One word to describe your footage "Trypophobia", from look at what the camera did to those building windows. More noticeably on the sides. Look that word up only before a meal.

If you are desperately try these steps,
2016-11-17
Use props
Steve O
Flight distance : 29531 ft
United Kingdom

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2016-10-26 20:50
Yea if you were in AUTO, it selected a super high shutter. Manually lowering the shutter speed to double the frame rate is how it is done correctly.

You also want the lowest ISO possible to keep noise low.

Tried your advice and it made things even worse. I wonder if I have a dodgy Mavic?
2017-4-2
Use props
fansd3bb7f04
lvl.1
Flight distance : 92172 ft
Estonia

I too find this issue a bit troublesome as I would have never thought that the 60fps footage was that much unusable.

And everyone here who suggests to use a lower FPS then please understand that mostly we film 60fps is to get the ability of slow motion. SLOW MOTION!!!!! That's why. So if there isn't a fix coming for this issue then I'm sad to say but I believe I have made a terrible mistake of purchasing the Mavic Pro.
2017-4-11
Use props
Xman1
Second Officer

United States

Anything above 30 FPS looks like it is highly compressed to send to FPV goggles (hint) on the Mavic and this is a known thing for a long time.  Google it on YouTube.

Just don't use it.

Get a DJI Inspire 2 if you plan on shooting in this speed.
2017-4-11
Use props
ALPHA_MAVIC
lvl.1
Australia

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2016-10-26 20:50
Yea if you were in AUTO, it selected a super high shutter. Manually lowering the shutter speed to double the frame rate is how it is done correctly.

You also want the lowest ISO possible to keep noise low.

Really appreciate it.  You made the procedure a lot easier for people to understand.
2017-5-6
Use props
ALPHA_MAVIC
lvl.1
Australia

I am planning to buy the set of ND4/PL, ND8/PL and ND16/PL  
All polarised.  Is that a good idea?  or should I just stick with normal ND filter?
2017-5-6
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
First Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

ALPHA_MAVIC Posted at 2017-5-6 19:23
I am planning to buy the set of ND4/PL, ND8/PL and ND16/PL  
All polarised.  Is that a good idea?  or should I just stick with normal ND filter?

Yes, the addition of polarization will make your skies & water look amazing - like a camera upgrade! I went with the best I could find (Polar Pro). With the right one attached, I can still use AUTO if I'm getting shots at multiple angles (& not submitting the footage to Hollywood).
2017-5-7
Use props
ALPHA_MAVIC
lvl.1
Australia

fansd3bb7f04 Posted at 2017-4-11 12:41
I too find this issue a bit troublesome as I would have never thought that the 60fps footage was that much unusable.

And everyone here who suggests to use a lower FPS then please understand that mostly we film 60fps is to get the ability of slow motion. SLOW MOTION!!!!! That's why. So if there isn't a fix coming for this issue then I'm sad to say but I believe I have made a terrible mistake of purchasing the Mavic Pro.

Hey I am trying to be helpful.  I found this video, it explains it very clearly, and with some footage too.

unfortunately videos at higher fps are pretty ugly...... I have the same feeling as you.  I didnt know, and I was so disappointed after viewing the 1080 fps 48 footage, I wanted to cry...  thought it was because I didnt have  the ND filter, which I just bought and havent tried it out yet.  

If you want to know the explanation why higher fps produce unusable footage.... the simple answer is the the MAVIC's camera processor was not capable of processing that amount of information.  Instead of using a better image processor in order to keep the cost down, DJI gave up on the quality of the footage to keep the bit rate of the video constant.  imagine 24frame per seconds has the same bit rate as the 48 or 90 fps.... of course the image quality will be bad....  If they keep the same quality, the image processor just cannot process it....  
so.. this gives DJI a reason for customer to upgrade its MAVIC pro to MAVIC PRO 2....
Sad
2017-5-8
Use props
ALPHA_MAVIC
lvl.1
Australia

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-5-7 07:00
Yes, the addition of polarization will make your skies & water look amazing - like a camera upgrade! I went with the best I could find (Polar Pro). With the right one attached, I can still use AUTO if I'm getting shots at multiple angles (& not submitting the footage to Hollywood).

Yep, I just got it. I will probably test it out tomorrow.  I got the Vivid pack from PolarPro.  Lets hope it gives me better result this time! Fingers crossed
2017-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules