Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Poll: Trouble with your Mavic? Update here (300+ votes currently)
30098 201 2016-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mavic 395
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2128648 ft
  • >>>

My Mavic was about 10 feet up in Tripod Mode and I lost all stick input. The Mavic then spun in very slow circles and was slowly descending as well. I was able to hand catch/grab the Mavic before it ended up in my pool or bushes. I looked at my flight log and my left stick was stuck in the left position at 85percent and the down position at 21 percent and I was not inputing those commands. I destroyed the top of my index finger but at least i was able to shut it down.
2016-11-1
Use props
Mayoo
First Officer
Flight distance : 299708 ft
Canada

This is a very good thread !! thanks OP for doing this. make sure to mark them as FIXED when / if they gets fixed...
2016-11-1
Use props
Nees
First Officer
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

http://forum.dji.com/thread-70460-1-1.html anotheroner one for the list, also blurry towards outside
2016-11-1
Use props
kaelvinsl
lvl.1

France

In France, the first disappointments rain down on the forums. Poor picture.
I cancel my order so the videos taken by Mavic are atrocious. Even the pro Karma better.
2016-11-2
Use props
robble
lvl.1

Actually this kinda poll WILL reveal some good info.
If we know less than 100 people *on the forum* have gotten their mavics and we find out how many of THOSE have issues....

If you dont count first time posters who came to the forum just because they had issues (important to not skew results!) you can get a rough idea of percentages of issues.
2016-11-2
Use props
fans82f30c9f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 80112 ft
United States

So I am one of the first that reported this left stick issue. Starts with an up and down yo-yo effect. Any yaw command it starts to pivot wildly. First time happened on flight 3. Then it happened again on flight 10 This time was out about 400' so issued RTH command. It did return zig- zaging to landing point. Then began the pivoting as it came down. Exit RTH and landed O.K. Have sent flight logs to Blade and am told he forwarded them. To where I don't know. Also don't know how long to fix this issue. It has to be software.. I have always thought that Blade and Ed could open these encrypted files but guess I was wrong. Hope Ed can tell me where they go and when I might be given a fix.   thanks,   donnie
2016-11-2
Use props
quanthonytrang
First Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fans82f30c9f Posted at 2016-11-3 09:28
So I am one of the first that reported this left stick issue. Starts with an up and down yo-yo effec ...

If the Mavic is RTH and doing random movements with no stick inputs, then turning off the controller and letting it RTH automatically is your safest bet. According the P3/P4, you can still have some stick input during RTH to navigate safely. So in the Mavic's case, the sticks are sending phantom yaw and descend commands without the users input. This means it could be yawing and descending and before you know it, it will be on the news.

So please everyone, use the simulator to test your controller and make sure its functioning correctly.
Make sure your home point is clearly established.
And finally, if you cant control the Mavic, (ironic as it sounds) please turn off your controller and let the automation RTH kick in.
2016-11-2
Use props
fans34c91fb6
First Officer
Flight distance : 1167008 ft
United States

Over a 50% problem rate!  Seem like DJI is still beta testing with unpaid testers.
2016-11-2
Use props
hpsmasher
New

United States

Just ran a couple batteries through mine today, and Im having severe gimbal vibrations/jello in a weird pulsing motion about 1sec apart (YT upload is taking awhile). Its always when the gimbal is pointed at the horizon, happens in either GPS or Sport, and inexplicably sometimes does not occur. It will pulse/vibrate with severe jello several times and then stop, almost like you were counting to yourself 1..2..3..4. There was no wind, gimbal, IMU, compass, controller, all calibrated.   
2016-11-2
Use props
stickycj
lvl.1
Flight distance : 267890 ft
Australia

http://forum.dji.com/thread-70608-1-1.html

More Mavic Madness. Nearly lost mine due a previously described arcing type behaviour
2016-11-2
Use props
stickycj
lvl.1
Flight distance : 267890 ft
Australia

http://forum.dji.com/thread-70608-1-1.html

More Mavic Madness. Nearly lost mine due a previously described arcing type behaviour
2016-11-2
Use props
Anoniem
First Officer
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

http://forum.dji.com/thread-70641-1-1.html
**do not yet know if this is a reall problem**
User was not able to do IMU calibration, did crash without damage(flew away without stick unput)
After removing a sticker from 1 front sensor he was able to do calibration succesfully
2016-11-2
Use props
Stokke
lvl.1
Flight distance : 207339 ft
Norway

The problem with such a poll is that there is no way to prove that the votes are from verified owners. I wish DJI would implement a system for verifying ownership of their stuff on these forums as it would really help with the credibility of all the posts in the forum.
2016-11-3
Use props
EpicLPer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 80272 ft
Austria

Damn, didn't know there was already a thread like this...
2016-11-3
Use props
EpicLPer
lvl.3
Austria

Anoniem Posted at 2016-11-3 08:29
http://forum.dji.com/thread-70641-1-1.html
**do not yet know if this is a reall problem**
User was n ...

This reminds me of when I freshly got my Phantom 3, a cable was disconnected to the position unit on the bottom and the firmware update failed. I connected the cable and since then had no issues at all.
2016-11-3
Use props
st pauli
Second Officer

United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2016-11-3
Use props
fans82f30c9f
lvl.1
United States

Ed could you please look at my post #47... as I had ask a couple of questions. Also Blade has suggested I send unit in to DJI repair facility. I am going to do this rather then risk a lost Mavic.. thanks donnie
2016-11-3
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41668330 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans82f30c9f Posted at 2016-11-3 23:20
Ed could you please look at my post #47... as I had ask a couple of questions. Also Blade has sugge ...

Donnie,

Please make sure you sync your flight logs to the cloud and then contact dji.com/support.  You can PM me and I will assist.
2016-11-3
Use props
Thomusvoo
lvl.1

I'm missing the USB c cable. Sad.
2016-11-3
Use props
3m06OLhEvEGE
New

Australia

First time drone owner here.
Received my Mavic Pro Fly More (Australia, ordered 29/9) 4 days ago.
Have taken it out for half a dozen flights. Am currently having serious dramas with the range. Can't seem to fly much further than 50ish meters high or far before the signal (video and RC) fades, drops, and the drone auto-triggers Return To Home.
Have attempted in various locations. No obstructions. Beginner Mode is off (have double checked) and the drone is set to RC, not Wifi (have tested in both settings). Antennas on remote are folded out correctly. Have attempted multiple times and still the same problem, it can't get past around the 50m mark before losing signal and Return To Home. Contacted DJI Chat Support, they asked me to do an IMU and Compass calibration, did both, problem still persisted, they gave up and asked me to email in my problem. Have done that and now waiting for reply...

If anyone has any suggestions, let me know!
Until then... I guess mine's faulty. Sucks because all the other features and functions seem to work a treat, just can't fly it very far.

EDIT: Flight logs show an error that often comes up randomly: "Cannot Switch Flight Mode. Turn on "Multiple Flight Modes" to enable Atti and Sport modes"
Don't know if that has anything to do with my dilemma...
2016-11-4
Use props
fans82f30c9f
lvl.1
United States

OK Ed. did so and sent to Blade.  He suggested return for repair. Called and was issued a shipping label and off it goes later today.  donnie
2016-11-4
Use props
Justadude
lvl.1
United States

Yep my Mavic has a camera that will not focus. See my thread here. http://forum.dji.com/thread-70493-1-1.html
2016-11-4
Use props
Pekkle
lvl.1

United States

I was just wondering,  is it the dji go app that is causing the issue(s)?

If so, if we use a third party app (litchi)  would it have the same issue(s)?
2016-11-5
Use props
Jason Lane
Second Officer
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Australia

You can add mine to the list (uncontrollable and/or sticky left stick): http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=70952
2016-11-5
Use props
fans82f30c9f
lvl.1
United States

mine is scheduled to arrive at Carson repair facility this coming Wednesday. Am very interested to see what they do to repair this issue I am having. I hope they simply replace it although may be best if they locate problem and do firmware, hardware, fix to offer to everyone. Appears this left stick issues has become way to common.   donnie  
2016-11-5
Use props
BBMach
lvl.1

United States

I put this on a different thread but in looking around I see this might be a better place for help.
I know there will be lots of questions
7th flight in this happened like at 11 min mark and did it for like 7 min. happened the time before but for only 30 seconds and I did not calibrate (did not prompt me to) this flight I did calibrate. All firmware was update when I received the mavic with no issues.
I tried to upload to the cloud (not sure if I did it right) but incase a DJI rep wants to see it for themselves. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
2016-11-6
Use props
fans82f30c9f
lvl.1
United States

Houston we have a problem...   donnie
2016-11-7
Use props
XDfh2UKILeWX
lvl.1

United States

If DJI continues to ship a product with this type of failure rate, it could be disastrous.

Let's face facts, the only thing DJI can do to stop the coming storm of even worse damaging publicity and potentially class action lawsuits is stop producing and shipping Mavics.
2016-11-7
Use props
jmoya03-sp
lvl.1

United States

One new problem I was noticing was the focusing at night. It took me about 10min to get the camera to focus in low light. It just kept searching in and out and never found it to be sharp. There should be a update that allows a designated button to become a infinity focus on the lens. In low light the camera performs great... when, and if you can get it to focus. The tap to focus when tapping to infinity at a dark sky is nearly impossible. This absolutely was the worst experience of fly at night. I'm also sending this mavic back for exchange because it had soft corners. No matter how many times I tried to get the entire scene in focus it just would not. However, here is the final video I shot with it before I returned it. Below is a video I shot this past weekend at Houston's 1st Annual Lights Festival.

2016-11-7
Use props
EpicLPer
lvl.3
Austria

Please DJI, fix the 1080p60 issue and/or change the hardware to make this mode possible in good quality, NOT only in 4K30...
2016-11-8
Use props
WasabiBread
lvl.4
United States

XDfh2UKILeWX Posted at 2016-11-7 14:52
If DJI continues to ship a product with this type of failure rate, it could be disastrous.

Let's fa ...

Haha seriously??? As you can tell from reading the forums of people crashing their Mavics, it seems DJI doesn't care, besides maybe DJI Ken.....!! When one falls out of the sky and actually HITS someone will they finally take notice and issue another "statement" .....or possibly even a recall...

2016-11-8
Use props
P3T3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 701211 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-11-3 14:55
Donnie,

Please make sure you sync your flight logs to the cloud and then contact dji.com/support. ...

Hey Ed trying to PM you, but I don't see an option when I click on your avatar and it brings me to your page. I would like to send in a near crash/flyaway log I had the other day. Thanks
2016-11-8
Use props
P3T3
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Aside from one scary incident mine has been working great. I did vote that I had a problem with it in the poll though. I think something went wrong when I was trying to use some of the smart features. It started jerking around left and right fast and erratically. Then when I tried to land it would only ascend. Stick inputs completely stopped working. I used RTH from phone and changed home point to current location that worked and it landed. Every flight since has been fine, but I have not tried any of the smart features since.
2016-11-8
Use props
P3T3
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

This is data from my incident when I lost control function. All stick input should reflect down, but it does not. Once RTH is engaged and it began to land I did not touch any controls, but there is still stick movement shown.
2016-11-8
Use props
Heniek W
lvl.1

Canada

fans82f30c9f Posted at 2016-11-7 14:19
Houston we have a problem...   donnie

lol, mayday mayday we're going down lol all engines out I repeat ALL ENGINES OUT
2016-11-8
Use props
Heniek W
lvl.1

Canada

jmoya03-sp Posted at 2016-11-7 16:03
One new problem I was noticing was the focusing at night. It took me about 10min to get the camera t ...

Hey genius , you're not supposed to fly at night and over people PERIOD .
Especially a piece of equipment with potential problems ...
2016-11-8
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41668330 ft
  • >>>
United States

P3T3 Posted at 2016-11-8 23:52
Hey Ed trying to PM you, but I don't see an option when I click on your avatar and it brings me to ...

Send me an email at edward.windham@dji.com.
2016-11-8
Use props
jvanderhoff
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14045 ft
United States

st pauli Posted at 2016-11-3 22:37
Yea, that is why I am linking as many unique problem threads as a can in the main post. So even if  ...

I'm interested to see if the new firmware solves some of the problems we have been seeing. Will you be updating the original post to reflect changes?
2016-11-9
Use props
st pauli
Second Officer

United States

jvanderhoff Posted at 2016-11-9 11:19
I'm interested to see if the new firmware solves some of the problems we have been seeing. Will you be updating the original post to reflect changes?

I will update what I know about, so anyone posting helpful replies to this thread will help me keep the original post more accurate and up to date.

Relational: Has the latest firmware solved your issues?

Also Added: Mavic Pro Lens Has Dust and Mold
2016-11-11
Use props
kBKIRKJRi9HG
lvl.1
Singapore

My blades came loose without warning and I tested them during the pre-takeoff... Now I have a broken arm
2016-11-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules