Poll: Trouble with your Mavic? Update here (300+ votes currently)
30326 201 2016-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drew77
lvl.1

United States

Seems like mine just went dead mid flight I have it post in another thread even the flight data shows everything ok and boom lost everything control, picture, signal, even the flight recorder stoped???
2017-1-27
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

No problem what so ever
2017-1-29
Use props
fans1eeb4506
lvl.1

United States

2No.Motor Error
2017-1-30
Use props
KonstantinosK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 140131 ft
Greece

+1 Jello effect here
2017-1-30
Use props
photos4freaks
lvl.1
Flight distance : 754308 ft
Poland

+1 Jello

Have Jello Effect - during 12 minutes of flight - Jello was all the time. 4K30, flying temp 2-4 C.
Bought in official DJI Store. Returned. After 10 days got answer. Claim not accepted. It can happen that under specific condition which is close to limit 0C (Celsius). Vibration can happen due to frozen rubber vibration absorber...

However, the same day when i ihad my flight  (the same area, the same weather condition )  DJI store worker has been flying different MAVIC - ALL FINE.

DJI is rechecking my Drone. Waiting....

2017-1-30
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

no problems that ive noticed yet. i havent flow a lot. but it seems like for others its only a matter of time before one does show up. idk if i should even risk flying it anymore seeing everyone having so many problems. its making me very nervous. maybe wait for better firmware. hopefully by the time it starts getting warm out
2017-1-30
Use props
fans3c503773
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17927 ft
Canada

I have had blurry video, horizon tilt, random drifting and lastly an automated full speed crash into a wall after it lost connection to the controller after a RTH. It is now broken and repairs in Canada are difficult to get
2017-1-30
Use props
Gallacherboy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 778209 ft
United Kingdom

fans3c503773 Posted at 2017-1-30 15:51
I have had blurry video, horizon tilt, random drifting and lastly an automated full speed crash into a wall after it lost connection to the controller after a RTH. It is now broken and repairs in Canada are difficult to get

You could correct your horizon tilt by adjusting the Gimbal Tilt in the settings menu, random drifting be that your IMU needs recalibrating and was your VPS on? Did you have you obstacle avoidance on during your crash? I tested the Mavic flying over a table and when doing a slow pass, it slowly increases hight. however i had one episode where I flew same speed over the table and it did a rapid strafe to the left. Will post a video, touch wood, no crash yet.
2017-1-31
Use props
Irish
lvl.2

United States

Very happy with mine.  Shipped quickly and have not had a single issue with it.  Granted I have only flown it like 4 or 5 times.  But so far so good.
2017-2-1
Use props
twh1968
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Put my name down for another mavic problem ! Second flight and mine decided it would just start flying away from me , nothing worked on the controller, if it hadn't been for a tree then it was gone !
2017-2-2
Use props
x1War Monger1x
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1880 ft
United States

My mavic aircraft firmware doesnt match the maps provided by DJI. The maps show that i live outside of a red zone area but in a yellow zone that i have to manually authenticate. However the aircraft itself tells me that i am inside of a no fly zone and wont take off so i am unable to fly my mavic pro.
2017-2-2
Use props
xordium
lvl.2
Flight distance : 79219 ft
Australia

+1 Bricked mid flight, just dropped dead out of the air after a few mins flying.   Support req.#410927, Go App logs uploaded to DJI...  no response from support so far despite follow ups.  Latest firmware, latest Go App 4, 97% battery - 3 prior flights without issue, this one just failed @ 13m altitude.
2017-2-2
Use props
Boomer350
lvl.2
Flight distance : 338638 ft
Canada

My one week old mavic is going back.  Video and photos are unusable.  Right hand side of image is totally blurry and will never come into focus.
2017-2-2
Use props
fans34c91fb6
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1167008 ft
United States

It is just amazing that DJI keep putting out units with this many issues.  Even more amazing that so many keep buying them!
2017-2-2
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
United States

every day i read on here or see videos on youtube of people crashing or losing their drones and what have you i mean this is an alarming amount that im seeing. perhaps everyone's mavic is flawed, and only a matter of time before everyone experiences a catastrophe. idk if i should even risk flying it anymore in fear of something bad happening. this saddens me a great deal i love my mavic but i don't wanna lose a 3rd drone. thats right i lost 2 phantoms already. im tired of spending all this money just to see it fly away. or crashing. maybe they should of done a recall like with the karma.
2017-2-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

boostedford Posted at 2017-2-3 19:41
every day i read on here or see videos on youtube of people crashing or losing their drones and what have you i mean this is an alarming amount that im seeing. perhaps everyone's mavic is flawed, and only a matter of time before everyone experiences a catastrophe. idk if i should even risk flying it anymore in fear of something bad happening. this saddens me a great deal i love my mavic but i don't wanna lose a 3rd drone. thats right i lost 2 phantoms already. im tired of spending all this money just to see it fly away. or crashing. maybe they should of done a recall like with the karma.

There are 655 good videos alone on this forum, can't be all that bad.
2017-2-5
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

boostedford Posted at 2017-2-3 19:41

Yeah, don't buy into everyone's mavic is bad. I was worried too reading a lot of back feedback, some of it seems legit. But yesterday got a chance to fly her in sport all over and do some waypoints in litchi, test more nd footage at different shutter speeds. The only thing I can really grouch about is the horizon. It starts off level as can be on the way up, but does go crooked into turns while flying forward, sideways outside of waypoints seem fine though. So I have to correct those in post. The manual correction messes with my shutter speed/ev using c2+dial.

Otherwise I'm flying around at ~38 to 41mph in sport mode without problems. She's almost a joke to fly over the tree line.. If there is a fail down the line, I'll post it here but so far been good.

The only thing I had to replace stock was the props. The ones it came with were not right. Think maybe from sitting on themselves in the box they warped? The bottom ones didn't line up at all. The new set I got at the mall apple store, they are perfect. I leave them in a prop case now between flights. Probably replace them if they seem too loose. They come really tight, but after use you'll notice certain props get loose at the hinge.
2017-2-5
Use props
fans34c91fb6
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1167008 ft
United States

thehippoz Posted at 2017-2-5 12:12
Yeah, don't buy into everyone's mavic is bad. I was worried too reading a lot of back feedback, some of it seems legit. But yesterday got a chance to fly her in sport all over and do some waypoints in litchi, test more nd footage at different shutter speeds. The only thing I can really grouch about is the horizon. It starts off level as can be on the way up, but does go crooked into turns while flying forward, sideways outside of waypoints seem fine though. So I have to correct those in post. The manual correction messes with my shutter speed/ev using c2+dial.

Otherwise I'm flying around at ~38 to 41mph in sport mode without problems. She's almost a joke to fly over the tree line.. If there is a fail down the line, I'll post it here but so far been good.

I don't think anyone said "everyone's mavic is bad".  Reading the poll it is only half of them!  

What other product category but drones would people spent that much money on a 50/50 crap shoot?  DJI must be laughing all the way to the bank.
2017-2-5
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
United States

fans34c91fb6 Posted at 2017-2-5 19:53
I don't think anyone said "everyone's mavic is bad".  Reading the poll it is only half of them!  

What other product category but drones would people spent that much money on a 50/50 crap shoot?  DJI must be laughing all the way to the bank.

lol I'll give you that. 50/50 those are vegas odds!
2017-2-6
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
United States

thehippoz Posted at 2017-2-5 12:12

i have the same issue with horizon but mine flies fine other than that. i'm just worried that down the line it"ll be only a matter of time before something bad happens. i did have the toilet bowl once but was solved after a new compass cal in a completely different area.
2017-2-6
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
United States

boostedford Posted at 2017-2-6 12:47
i have the same issue with horizon but mine flies fine other than that. i'm just worried that down the line it"ll be only a matter of time before something bad happens. i did have the toilet bowl once but was solved after a new compass cal in a completely different area.

Still haven't had a tbe, think you're right. A calibration that stays < 20 on the ground. The horizon isn't too bad.

I got one of those hood covers 3d printed in hard clear resin. It just came in, needs sanding and paint. See if it helps with prop shadows.
2017-2-6
Use props
Big Daddy Davee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3963 ft
United Kingdom

Wow. Even with the unscientific approach of a poll, the numbers suggest that there are some serious problems with this first generation Mavic. This might explain why they are not actively pushing stock to retailers and selling direct instead. Who needs those penalties and fines for quality issues that you would be contractually obliged to pay.

It feels like Xbox 360 first gen when many thought that they had dodged a bullet if they didn't have RROD early on. Ultimately, all first generation 360's failed. Good luck lads and lasses, I might be better off waiting for an updated Mavic judging by this poll and subtracting the views that say that theirs is ok because it hasn't died in the first week or month.
2017-2-7
Use props
xiaohong
lvl.2
Flight distance : 52999 ft
Singapore

sorry to hear on so many problems from right out of a new sealed box.

I must be one of those lucky ones who had 0 issues since unboxing an flying regularly with my Mavic groups locally.

Hope everyone can sort out their issues quickly and start flying!
2017-2-7
Use props
fans0b0971e1
New

New Zealand

Problems with:
2017-2-8
Use props
fans0b0971e1
New

New Zealand

Woops...

1: Watercolor, super mushy. Due to? Terrible Focus and/or too much Noise Reduction
2: DJI Go4 Needs a couple easier Manual modes... struggling to use some with a phone's touchscreen
2017-2-8
Use props
noka
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1104905 ft
Germany

Great listing. Would you be able to add the "water color effect" many are experiencing and no real solution yet?
2017-2-8
Use props
Boomer350
lvl.2
Flight distance : 338638 ft
Canada

Not impressed. I purchased through a authorized retailer, waited weeks beyond when it was supposed to arrive. When it finally did, first flight revealed blurry images and RH side would never come into focus. Promptly returned it. Instead of getting an exchanged unit they now have to send it to DJI for repair. Who knows how long that will take f$&*
2017-2-9
Use props
dronesnz64
lvl.2
Flight distance : 101332 ft
New Zealand

For the first time ever I received an RC disconnect - not a phone to RC disconnect, an RC to Mavic disconnect. Scariest moment of my life - also in an area where I've never encountered interference and never received any interference warnings.
2017-2-10
Use props
jgadea
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131985 ft
United States

Would have loved to participate in your poll, but regretfully I cannot
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... mp;page=1#pid692904
2017-2-13
Use props
fans17d0e161
lvl.1

Malaysia

Hi all i own a phantom 2, 4, and inpisre 1, this is the first time feel very insecure using mavic pro, how fast do you think that mavic pro can go? well let me tell you when i flew outdoor the other day my mavic pro just out of control i have the log record top speed are 231km/h and it hit on the wall really hard and crashed... i do have the video record how it crashed during that time i can't even pull back or doing anything to make it stop it just happened within few second, i have already send back the machine i do hope they understand this drone have too many unknown problems and need to be inform... i do hope non one of you having a same issue like me you will get shock i did know someone mavic pro even when missing and can't trace back, trust me.... it just out off control although you have the controller in your hand you can't help it and you just look at the mavic pro hit on the wall so hard.....   {:4_142:}
2017-2-19
Use props
r4nd0m
lvl.2
Flight distance : 839055 ft
United Kingdom

not out of the box but still under 30 flights ... Ultrasonic Module Error - thread here with link to another forum where people have also reported it http://forum.dji.com/thread-85611-1-2.html

out of the box unfortunately had my camera blur on one side of pictures ...
2017-2-19
Use props
Boenaparte
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1089393 ft
Hong Kong

2 months, 66 flights and about 7h of fly time with the Mavic, no problem yet, except once but I believe it's because I was too quick to take off (something was happening that I tried to capture) and it was not still trying to grab the satellites signals....other than that novice pilot error, it's been working like a charm. (First time drone owner)
2017-2-19
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-2-20
Use props
ReinertA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 134026 ft
United States

I've had my Mavic Pro for about 3 months now. Android user (Samsung 6 Edge plus to be exact). When I first started flying I had multiple, serious issues with the phone staying connected to the DJI GO app ... the revised DJI Go 4 app fixed most of the issues. I then realised that by using a more robust USB to micro USB cable (from the bottom of the Radio Control instead of the side)  into my phone corrected the remaining connectivity issues. The aircraft performs flawlessly, shooting great pictures and great video. I have flown a maximum of 4 miles out and back numerous times with zero issues. Very happy!
2017-2-20
Use props
PimpDawg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

+1 for jello effect in video. Happened in firmware v01.03.0300 as well as after updating to v01.03.0400. Cold weather not the cause, happening in 65F degree weather.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-85695-1-1.html
2017-2-21
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 174262 ft
United States

fans34c91fb6 Posted at 2017-2-2 22:39
It is just amazing that DJI keep putting out units with this many issues.  Even more amazing that so many keep buying them!

That is the scariest part. My drone that been in repair for a month and half now. It worked perfectly. No problems. Until a prop popped off. The Mavic is one of the best drones out now. There is definitely a quality problem going on.
Keep hearing vets around here say it mostly pilot error. But man that can't be true. Right?

2017-4-12
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Earliest batch...No problem what so ever i flying. No problem what so ever in updating. No problem what so ever with pictures. No problem what so ever with filming. No problem what so ever with FIXED FLYING. No problem what so ever EVER. Over hundred of flights in the US and abroad. In cold and in hot weahter...                    .                              
2017-4-20
Use props
lohmatij
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1667812 ft
Ecuador

I have a problem with my remote, it basically stopped working. Here are the details:
Remote Stuck in "Connecting mode"
2017-4-20
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

st pauli Posted at 2016-10-31 07:18
Yea, like mike19 said, the intent of this thread/poll is more about seeing what issues this first small batch are arriving with.

When only a very small batch has shipped and there have been a few dozen problems reported on here causing either the inability to use advertised features as expected, or loss of the product due to fly off's or damage from not responding correctly to user input, as a consumer I want to know those things before making a purchase decision...

Probably millions of MAVIC have been sold and you have 242 people complaining about issues. That is 0.0000000000012%.

Now minus:
The idiots that fly off balconies,
The idiots that fly off or near their cars.
The idiots that fly around cell towers.
The idiots that fly around power lines.
The idiots that fly off concrete that has metal bar in them.
The idiots that put RTH at 50 meters and then fly indoors.

and, and , and...

Any companies will take that 0.0000000000012% of fail and celebrate their success.

Now I am not undermining  or lessening any one's problems and DJI so far are trying their best and when they are at fault with a case we are the first to go after them on this forum and we ask DJI KEN OR MANDY toi intervene and they do...but guys and gals come on at the end you got a admitted, it is one hell of a machine...

2017-4-20
Use props
Luka M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 780233 ft
Australia

Haven't had any major problems with mine.. nothing I cant fix at least.
2017-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules