Auto Flight Logic - Autopilot
4388 7 2016-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Positveimage
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2772 ft

Hi Guys,
I am thinking of purchasing this app as it appears to be everything the Go App is but much, much more.
I presume I still need to continue to update the firmware of the Inspire and the Remote (or leave it on the best version , as we all understand) but do I need to continue to update the Go App or do I go over to Autopilot completley and ignor the Go App?
Would I still need to use the Go App for some things? If so what ?
Any advice or suggestions would be appreaciated.
Many thanks
2016-10-27
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, you would keep your FW up to date (if you are doing so already). Yes AutoFight Logic Pilot App is one of the best third party programs for autonomous and semi-autonomous flight modes. If this is all you do with your Inspire 1 and do not fly it manually much... then yes you could only use AF.

But I believe AutoFight has it's place in the toolbox and not a replacement App.    So IMO this is not a replacement App for DJI Go App

Most people use the DJI Go App for recreational flying and filming... mostly a best overall program fit for your DJI Drones...  pretty easy to use. It will be kept up to date with the latest advancements as designed for DJI drones. AutoPilot is designed more for the professional needing autonomous flight and repeatable shots at certain locations. I am sure that others will comment, but for me I use both depending on the job in hand.
Please remember that you cannot have both App's running at the same time as this will cause a conflict. Have one App controlling your Inspire at any one given time

Rich
2016-10-27
Use props
flighttime1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

Autopilot is built with the DJI API which means it's tied to the the Go app in many ways. Autopilot is meant to fly missions, it will not help you select the best channel or a ton of other necessary settings. When you change a setting in the Go app, it's stored in your craft and Autopilot uses those settings. I typically start up with the Go app and then switch over to Autopilot after getting the bird up and changing all of my camera settings in Go. You really don't want to ever consider it as a replacement app. That is not what it was created to do. That said, if you want to extend the capabilities of your bird, it's the number one app to use.

One item that is missing from Autopilot, or that I've never seen, is the ability to review the video on your SD card. I always switch back to the Go app after a mission to check for any changes that need to be made. If that's something I've missed, please correct me on this.
2016-10-27
Use props
ETA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3032966 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't see on their website  where it has the ability to create mission for flying a grid and have the app control the bird and camera for photogrammetric applications as map pilot does.   Am i missing something?
2016-10-28
Use props
flighttime1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

ETA Posted at 2016-10-28 06:37
I don't see on their website  where it has the ability to create mission for flying a grid and have  ...

Waypoints!
2016-10-28
Use props
ETA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3032966 ft
  • >>>
United States

Got It.  Thank you.

2016-10-29
Use props
Positveimage
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2772 ft

ETA Posted at 2016-10-30 00:32
Got It.  Thank you.

Thanks very much to all concerned.. Really useful!
2016-10-31
Use props
fans32e042c7
lvl.2
United States

flighttime1 Posted at 2016-10-27 13:04
Autopilot is built with the DJI API which means it's tied to the the Go app in many ways. Autopilot is meant to fly missions, it will not help you select the best channel or a ton of other necessary settings. When you change a setting in the Go app, it's stored in your craft and Autopilot uses those settings. I typically start up with the Go app and then switch over to Autopilot after getting the bird up and changing all of my camera settings in Go. You really don't want to ever consider it as a replacement app. That is not what it was created to do. That said, if you want to extend the capabilities of your bird, it's the number one app to use.

One item that is missing from Autopilot, or that I've never seen, is the ability to review the video on your SD card. I always switch back to the Go app after a mission to check for any changes that need to be made. If that's something I've missed, please correct me on this.

for those who use Autopilot you really should try the Litchi app.. So much better for setting up waypoints. You can actually plan your waypoints via your computer and set your focus points and camera angles all there. So much easier than autopilot. And saves battery..
2016-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules