Support your retail outlets!
1342 11 2016-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
justin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 683885 ft
South Africa

Now that the "official" online order crowd has got some loving, when does DJI plan on supporting people that have placed orders through retail stores?
2016-10-27
Use props
Revs
lvl.3
Flight distance : 73514 ft
United Kingdom

Both dealers and direct customers are getting deliveries, albeit slowly.
2016-10-27
Use props
rtazz17
lvl.2

This generation has definately not been taught the lost art of patience....Its officially the "I need it now generation"..... Really embarrasing to read 100 threads from adults who cant have patience.Is there nothing else of more importance in your life?Just pathetic..
2016-10-27
Use props
Pello
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11988 ft
Austria

rtazz17 Posted at 2016-10-27 15:46
This generation has definately not been taught the lost art of patience....Its officially the "I nee ...

Jea, they should be happy that they don't need to experienfe all the bugs the software might still have...
2016-10-27
Use props
davcom1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 440981 ft
United Kingdom

rtazz17 Posted at 2016-10-27 14:46
This generation has definately not been taught the lost art of patience....Its officially the "I nee ...

Yes and no.

Back in the good old days (ye good olde days if you are REALLY old), you would go to a shop and buy something off the shelf. Then came the Internet and folk started to open up a whole new marketplace. (In fact, selling online happens to be how I earn a living)

Next came, "Pre-orders". A pre-order allows a retailer to begin gathering sales in advance of a launch date.

The idea is that those loyal "early adopters" of the product get rewarded for their commitment by receiving their products first... erm, on the launch date.

I've bitten my tongue at times and berated other complainants but these facts remain true:

1. DJI have taken their customers cash up front, more than likely fully aware that they cannot fullfil demand.
2. Even now, armed with their knowledge of production capacity and outstanding pre-orders, DJI is unwilling to provide their "impatient" customers with any idea of delivery date.

Yes people are getting hysterical over an expensive toy but I am fully convinced that a decent proportion of those shouters and screamers would be kept quiet with a simple delivery date.

I'm always expressing to my own staff that they must keep the customer informed. Its not a lot to ask.
2016-10-27
Use props
Lepus
lvl.3

Canada

davcom1 Posted at 2016-10-27 22:12
Yes and no.

Back in the good old days (ye good olde days if you are REALLY old), you would go to  ...

Well said, I think that is all most people would want is information.  There are so many ways to provide that information, it is funny.  The more interconnected we become, the more disconnected we will be.
2016-10-27
Use props
justin
lvl.4
South Africa

rtazz17 Posted at 2016-10-27 15:46

Now now rtazz, you are more than welcome to start your own thread and wax lyrical about "this generation" and their lack of patience! The amount of disinformation and lack of credible information out there is what makes people impatient.

Seen as you generalized and then got personal please feel free you climb back in your hole!
2016-10-27
Use props
jvanderhoff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14045 ft
United States

It seems like most retail stores are either saying October 30/31 or early November but it seems like we know just about as much as they do as far as when shipments will actually arrive.
2016-10-27
Use props
justin
lvl.4
South Africa

jvanderhoff Posted at 2016-10-27 17:29
It seems like most retail stores are either saying October 30/31 or early November but it seems like ...

Well with the recent bombshell Gizmodo dropped my disinformation theory is well founded.

http://gizmodo.com/dji-is-misleading-customers-about-delays-for-its-newest-1788251112

I don't wish any I'll will on DJI just want to know what the plan is with regards to supplying their retailers as I have one on preorder with an AliExpress reseller. Not planning on canceling my order either. Will take a lot more than that it is an awesome piece of kit!
2016-10-27
Use props
justin
lvl.4
South Africa

So contacted my re-seller who at last check had over 70 MAVIC Pro pre-orders on is books. Asked him if he had any feedback from DJI. Answer was ZERO! Absolutely crazy!
2016-11-2
Use props
Riotcontrol
lvl.3

Retailers are customers of Dji,mist likely they are given the option to place orders before we can so technically they should be getting shipments soon I hope.
2016-11-2
Use props
justin
lvl.4
South Africa

Riotcontrol Posted at 2016-11-3 07:15
Retailers are customers of Dji,mist likely they are given the option to place orders before we can s ...

Lets hope. If I was a dealer I would be throwing my toys about now! Poor guy said he would throw in a Mavic backpack for waiting so long. Might pay in diffrence and get another battery instead.
Anyways not sure what margins there are with DJI products, but having to throw in free accessories just to keep orders on your books is a bit unfair on dealers who are putting out fires on DJI's behalf!
2016-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules