Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Shipping Status Tool for the Obsessed (F5 refresher kids)
1234Next >
17298 149 2016-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kevinelliott
Second Officer
Flight distance : 354131 ft

UPDATED: Nov 6th, 2016 at 4:37PM PST.
Added a basic API for the data. (Free to use, but include attribution -- http://www.dronehome.io/dji_track/orders.json)

DroneHome.png

If you're as obsessed with monitoring the shipping statuses of your orders, constantly refreshing the forums, and scanning FedEx/DHL/etc for your shipment, then you might be interested in this. Otherwise, you'll probably have no need for it.

Go to http://www.dronehome.io/dji_track/orders to see the current status of orders in realtime. These statistics are contributed automatically from a custom program running on people's computers for their own orders, or by submitting their order numbers using a web form (http://www.dronehome.io/dji_track/orders/new). I am automatically querying against DJI's order system on regular intervals to update order statuses, retrieve tracking information, and then querying against the shippers to get updated delivery status.

I got tired of seeing everyone's unboxing videos for those who didn't order the bundle. So to pass the time while I wait for my Mavic Fly More bundle, I wrote this little app to help me monitor my order and FedEx passively, rather than have to keep entering details into forms on the web. It was fun to do, helpful to myself, and now it is helpful to others.

I shared this with the Mavic Combo Package thread (http://forum.dji.com/thread-67246-1-1.html) and some people wanted to get it so I shared it out. I'm posting it here in case anyone else finds it useful. The advantage of the DJI Track tool over the spreadsheet that you might have seen is that this tool determines and collects the data automatically, rather than relying on people to post updates to the forum thread and then waiting for someone with admin privileges to manually go through the thread and update the statuses in the spreadsheet.

This tool is realtime, and it is accurate to the last 10 minutes.

Current Mavic Shipping Statuses
http://www.dronehome.io/dji_track/orders

Add Your Own Order
http://www.dronehome.io/dji_track/orders/new

Command Line Tool

The command line tool lets you query your DJI order status. You can have it repeat automatically for you so that you don't have to keep logging into DJI's order tracking page manually. This will continue to run until you stop it. And you can choose to publish your data (with the order number truncated and your phone tail never shown) in order to help other people and see where your order is in relation to other people. You do not need to use this command line tool to participate, as the manual form listed above is essentially the same (but you will not see a reoccuring output on your computer like the following screenshots).

dji_—_-bash_—_223×28.png

Example usage:

Banners_and_Alerts_and_kevinelliott_dji__CLI_and_Ruby_tools_for_drone-maker_DJI_.png

There is also a FedEx search & track by reference:

kevinelliott_dji__CLI_and_Ruby_tools_for_drone-maker_DJI_s_store__account__and_more.png

You can read more about the other features/options of the command line tool (such as having this repeat automatically at an interval), as well as how to install it yourself, here:

https://github.com/kevinelliott/dji

I hope this is helpful to someone. Just having some fun... If you have any issues/questions/etc feel free to comment here or send me a note.

DroneHome.png
2016-10-27
Use props
darylbleach
lvl.1
Flight distance : 280266 ft
United Kingdom

Kevin would it possible to create a DHL tracker like the Fedex one?
2016-10-27
Use props
kevinelliott
Second Officer

darylbleach Posted at 2016-10-27 19:19
Kevin would it possible to create a DHL tracker like the Fedex one?

Possibly. I'm still trying to figure out how to search and track by reference on DHL. Let me dig deeper!
2016-10-27
Use props
darylbleach
lvl.1
Flight distance : 280266 ft
United Kingdom

kevinelliott Posted at 2016-10-27 12:23
Possibly. I'm still trying to figure out how to search and track by reference on DHL. Let me dig d ...

if you need a tracking number to use let me know
2016-10-27
Use props
kevinelliott
Second Officer

darylbleach Posted at 2016-10-27 19:25
if you need a tracking number to use let me know

Yeah, so with a tracking number it would be no problem. The FedEx one above is actually for people that don't yet have a tracking number and they can see if there was some packages from DJI coming to their postal code.

I plan to add trackers for FedEx, UPS, USPS, and DHL by tracking number soon. And then any DJI order that has a tracking number it will automatically look up that data. I'll probably add this a little later today.

In the meantime, I'm still trying to see if I can get DHL to fork up some shipments by generic reference + postal code.
2016-10-27
Use props
kevinelliott
Second Officer

Pushed out version 0.2.2, which fixes a small bug related to Nokogiri.
2016-10-27
Use props
Mayoo
First Officer
Flight distance : 299708 ft
Canada

Only for mac ? thanks !!!
2016-10-27
Use props
Kalock
lvl.1

United States

Mayoo Posted at 2016-10-27 11:17

Get a real computer

*Sent from my PC as my Mac is in my travel bag contemplating its demise as soon as the new models hit the shelves...
2016-10-27
Use props
chris50
lvl.3

United States

Hey when the Mavic SDK comes out let's turn it into an IOT security cam so that hackers can use Mavics to DDOS DYN again
2016-10-27
Use props
chris50
lvl.3

United States

Kalock Posted at 2016-10-28 02:29
Get a real computer

*Sent from my PC as my Mac is in my travel bag contemplating its demise as so ...

wow dick much?  There should be a bash emulator on git somewhere you can download to use this on windows
2016-10-27
Use props
chris50
lvl.3

United States

Also we both use the same terminal theme lol be my best friend
2016-10-27
Use props
kevinelliott
Second Officer

Mayoo Posted at 2016-10-28 02:17

No, it works anywhere Ruby runs, which is all platforms: Mac, Windows, Linux.
2016-10-27
Use props
kevinelliott
Second Officer

chris50 Posted at 2016-10-28 02:34
Hey when the Mavic SDK comes out let's turn it into an IOT security cam so that hackers can use Mavi ...

Haha, that's funny.
2016-10-27
Use props
kevinelliott
Second Officer

chris50 Posted at 2016-10-28 02:34
wow dick much?  There should be a bash emulator on git somewhere you can download to use this on w ...

Windows 10 has a beta feature called "Bash on Ubuntu on Windows" and it is essentially an embedded Ubuntu VM.
2016-10-27
Use props
kevinelliott
Second Officer

chris50 Posted at 2016-10-28 02:35
Also we both use the same terminal theme lol be my best friend

You are already my best and only friend on DJI Forum
2016-10-27
Use props
Kalock
lvl.1

United States

chris50 Posted at 2016-10-27 11:34
wow dick much?  There should be a bash emulator on git somewhere you can download to use this on w ...

You did notice I said I was sending that from a Windows machine right?  /sarcasm missed
2016-10-27
Use props
chris50
lvl.3

United States

Kalock Posted at 2016-10-28 04:57
You did notice I said I was sending that from a Windows machine right?  /sarcasm missed

To be fully honest I have no idea why I replied to your comment the way I did
2016-10-27
Use props
kevinelliott
Second Officer

OK guys, there's a new update. The new version is *0.3.0*. See https://github.com/kevinelliott/dji/blob/master/README.md for details.

This version adds some fixes, but also a new *publish* feature, which will contribute your order status to a central database at http://dji-track.herokuapp.com/orders so we can automate the process of seeing when things happen. It will need some improvements, but I think it will be very useful.

Give it a shot and let me know!
2016-10-27
Use props
kevinelliott
Second Officer

For example, to automatically query every 5 minutes and then report it to the DJI Track website (http://dji-track.herokuapp.com/orders):
dji_README_md_at_master_·_kevinelliott_dji.png
2016-10-27
Use props
jl1030
lvl.1

Singapore

Is there a way to track truck delivery from Shenzhen to Hong Kong (bought in HK Flagship Store).
It has been 7 days since they announced shipping the first batch. Hong Kong is 1hr car journey away
2016-10-27
Use props
kevinelliott
Second Officer

jl1030 Posted at 2016-10-28 14:15
Is there a way to track truck delivery from Shenzhen to Hong Kong (bought in HK Flagship Store).
It  ...

Yes, that's coming next. Once an order has a tracking number, I will have it follow the tracking.
2016-10-27
Use props
kevinelliott
Second Officer

OK, I just updated the DJI Track website too. It's not exceptionally pretty, but now we just need more of the existing users of the script to start using the --publish option so the data starts to collect.

DJI_Track.png
2016-10-27
Use props
bieh
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Neat. Works well -- much better than leaving a tab open all the time
2016-10-28
Use props
Pixelmoon
lvl.1

Germany

Kevin, for Windows users, which RUBY package you prefer to use?
2016-10-28
Use props
Geeom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2100705 ft
France

Great !!
(Sent you an email to fix a problem on Linux)
2016-10-28
Use props
Pixelmoon
lvl.1

Germany

$ gem install dji
ERROR:  Could not find a valid gem 'dji' (>= 0), here is why:
          Unable to download data from https://rubygems.org/ - SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0 state=SSLv3 read server certificate B: certificate verify failed (https://api.rubygems.org/specs.4.8.gz)

Wanted to install this script, unfortunately, not possible.
2016-10-28
Use props
nister5
lvl.1

United States

You will get an instant email when they ship it... I don't know what the point of this is...
2016-10-28
Use props
kevinelliott
Second Officer

Pixelmoon Posted at 2016-10-28 16:31
Kevin, for Windows users, which RUBY package you prefer to use?

Any ruby 2 should be fine I think. Let me know if you need specifics or help. I haven't done a ruby install on Windows in forever, but the basic installer should be able to make it happen.
2016-10-28
Use props
kevinelliott
Second Officer
United States

Pixelmoon Posted at 2016-10-28 16:47
$ gem install dji
ERROR:  Could not find a valid gem 'dji' (>= 0), here is why:
          Unable to  ...

That looks like an SSL issue with Rubygems. Usually due to having a certificate chain that contains old master certificates. This isn't a Ruby issue, but a system issue. You are on Windows, right?
2016-10-28
Use props
kevinelliott
Second Officer

nister5 Posted at 2016-10-28 01:51
You will get an instant email when they ship it... I don't know what the point of this is...

The point is to see when others are getting shipment in relation to you, but also to get notified for small changes to your account and order. DJI does *NOT* email you when there are small changes, such as the "Shipped" workflow indicator, change of shipping company (from Tba to something useful), nor when dates change.
2016-10-28
Use props
Pixelmoon
lvl.1

Germany

kevinelliott Posted at 2016-10-28 10:56
That looks like an SSL issue with Rubygems. Usually due to having a certificate chain that contain ...

...correct, i´m on Windows AND using Z-Scaler Proxy...could be the reason..sometimes Z-Scaler replace SSL Certificates...
2016-10-28
Use props
kevinelliott
Second Officer

Geeom Posted at 2016-10-28 16:43
Great !!
(Sent you an email to fix a problem on Linux)

Hey Geeom, I sent you a couple of emails in reply, and I believe I fixed the issue.
2016-10-28
Use props
kevinelliott
Second Officer

nister5 Posted at 2016-10-28 16:51

And yes, if you are satisfied with waiting around until they finally ship, you will get a tracking number after it has already shipped and they will email you. For those of us in the queue for weeks, that doesn't help us.
2016-10-28
Use props
Hurricane Hill
lvl.1
United States

Nicely done!
2016-10-28
Use props
kevinelliott
Second Officer

Ha, thanks HH! What else is a WIMP suppose to do?
2016-10-28
Use props
kevinelliott
Second Officer

Alright folks -- we have a couple more users using the new publish feature, and I have updated the dji gem and the DJI Track website to support more details. Specifically you can provide your original Order Time, your DJI username, your country code (2 or 3 letter preferred), and the rest is pulled. Because the dji app doesn't have access to your private DJI account, we can't grab this stuff automatically.

DJI_Track.png

There is a lot more data available that you aren't seeing here. We'll start exposing it as more data is collected, so we can make some revelations about it all... perhaps "average delivery time", etc.
Later, once a tracking number is available, we'll be able to query for the remaining details, such as origin and destination and estimated delivery dates. As well as delivery status. But that's for later tomorrow once I have some more time.
2016-10-28
Use props
kevinelliott
Second Officer

Also note that both the dji gem and the DJI Track website are open source. If you're the kind of person who has some programming chops, you're more than welcome to hustle over to GitHub, fork it, and provide some merge requests back in.
2016-10-28
Use props
gholevas1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11470 ft
United States

Ordered Fly More before 20:00 on launch day and mine still hasn't shipped:

Payment Status:        Pay Confirmed
Payment Method:        Credit Card
Total:       
USD $1,299.00
Order Time:2016-09-27 16:45:36 (UTC)

2016-10-28
Use props
deano.uk
New

United Kingdom

kevinelliott Posted at 2016-10-28 11:01
Alright folks -- we have a couple more users using the new publish feature, and I have updated the d ...

Great app you've made. I'm running it in my terminal and updating every 2 minutes.

For some reason though, the Heroku instance seems to not be working, it says "We're sorry, but something went wrong. If you are the application owner check the logs for more information." When trying to load http://dji-track.herokuapp.com/orders

One feedback request, maybe an option to specify what was ordered so we can better monitor the bundles as well as the Mavic order.
2016-10-28
Use props
kevinelliott
Second Officer

deano.uk Posted at 2016-10-29 00:00
Great app you've made. I'm running it in my terminal and updating every 2 minutes.

For some reas ...

Hey deano.uk, thanks for the feedback!

OK, so there was a bug where data was submitted with empty values. I've removed that rogue order, and have fixed the site. I will be sending out a new release so that it will not happy again!

Good idea about specifying what was ordered!
2016-10-28
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules