Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo and bike mount on motorcycle?
3270 4 2016-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mariecarmen.inf
New
Flight distance : 7159 ft

Hi there!

Right, I've been looking for a bit now into purchasing the DJI Osmo or Osmo+ (but that's a whole other story)
We already own a DJI Phantom 3 Advanced and I'd love to do videos with a bit of both.
My question is: how is the bike mount on a motorcycle? From the pictures I've seen I'm just not sure it's really adapted to motorcycles (after all it's for bikes!)
The Osmo Mobile did publicise itself in a Youtube video on a motorcycle but it didn't look like they were using the bike mount (I could be wrong!), what would you guys use instead?

Cheers!
2016-10-27
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
First Officer
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

You could try the gimbal extension lead and the sticky mount on your helmet or other part of the bike. But the osmo struggles with turning corners and braking. Depends how hard and fast you're going

http://store.dji.com/product/osmo-gimbal-extension
2016-10-27
Use props
marjamar
lvl.4
United States

I have the bike mount on my bike, but it's made to fit bigger handlebars, so it would work if you have a place to attach it.  Personally, I think it does a pretty good job on my bike.  We have a few motorcycles here, so I should try it on one and see how it works at faster speeds.  I posted some footage shot already here http://forum.dji.com/thread-67989-1-1.html.  Take a look if you haven't already.

-Rodger
2016-10-27
Use props
Asturiah
New
Flight distance : 7159 ft

Thanks! I'm really not a fan of helmet mounts at all so I'll have to pass on that.
My concern is really with the space on the handle bars of a motorbike that are... busier I guess? I'll check your footage Rodger, thank you!
2016-10-27
Use props
Sparky_17
Captain
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

i had the same question.  I typically rent a Harley every summer and would love to mount my newly purchased Osmo+.  Would be nice if someone has ever tried it and what the outcome was.
2018-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules