Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
OSMO+ Feature Request Thread
3017 21 2016-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ari_za
lvl.2
Flight distance : 77300 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Hi all

Please list your feature requests here so the site admins can send them through to the R&D team.

I have just got my OSMO+ so I will update this thread as I come accross areas where I see opportunity for improvement.

My current feature requests:

1) A toggle to limit the maximum zoom to 3.5x (the optical zoom maximum)
This would be my most requested feature. I would imagine it can either be implemented by an on/off toggle in camera settings, or a sort of soft-limit that stops the zoom when it reaches 3.5x, but if you start zooming in again it will proceed past the 3.5x optical zoom into digital zoom range.

Most of us will not want to use digital zoom due to the decrease in quality and would prefer to keep any zoom at the maximum optical zoom range of 3.5x for maxmimum quality.

2) Focus settings tweaking
Allow greater control over focus settings.

Alow us to set the delay for "focus when gimbal stops", as sometimes it auto focuses too late, taking 3-5 seconds.

Allow us to lock the focus at infinity.

As mentioned by Skint in another thread, it would be nice to have the same on-screen focus controls as the X5 camera has. In fact, I think it is very necessary for usability (this is confirmed avaialble on the Mavic as well).

See screenshot below.

3) ActiveTrack via software
I know the OSMO+ doesn't have ActiveTrack due to different hardware from the Osmo Mobile which has ActiveTrack, but a software solution for us OSMO+ users would be great. There are apps such as AutoFrame which I believe do this, but I haven't tested it out yet. A DJI solution from within the GO app would be great.

4) Support for 360 Degree Panoramas
From what I understand, the GO App does not support 360 degree panorams. I believe this would be a fairly simple thing to add to the GO app.

Let's hear your suggestions.

EDIT:

More User Suggestions:

• 2016-11-01: Vertical.Creati:   "Focus peaking so we can actually see exactly where the focal plane is on the small screen. The ability to set a speed control (or better curve) to the joy stick." Source (I understand we can already adjust joystick speed settings in advanced settings) ***[EDIT: I understand focus peaking has been added to the MAVIC recently. So perhaps this is a possibility?]

• 2016-11-07: OfficialStef: "Could you add a Manual focus setting and somewhat faster autofocus in a new firmware update? " Source

• 2016-11-12: Els: "DJI can you make the lightning port work for audiorecordings on the Osmo+ as well? So skip the audio-in from the Osmo+? Maybe you can make an "audio choice switch" in the software for choosing the audio source: native Osmo or lightning port" Source

• 2016-11-20: Mabou2:

"[DUPE] 1) Active Track (Like the Osmo Mobile)
2) Timelapse Motion Panning (Like the Osmo Mobile)
[DUPE] 3) Focus Peaking (like just about every other inexpensive video camera on the market)
[DUPE] 4) Focus Lock (for the life of me, I still can't figure out if this camera locks focus after tapping the screen)
5) Separate focus and exposure reticles (Like Filmic Pro).
6) Different choices for compression settings (like filmic pro and most video cameras).
7) Saved Presets. "Recipes" so you can click a single button to recall  your favorite settings (like filmic pro and many video/still cameras)
8) Digital Zoom Lockout... I don't want to accidentally venture into  digital, just want to zoom to the end of the optical. (most video  cameras have this option).
9) Maximum ISO setting in auto exposure.  I'd rather find out that there  isn't enough light than shoot a sand portrait.  (again, available in  most video and still cameras)."

Source

• 2016-11-21: geoffz   : "Automatic Gain Control" (AGC) is quite a common feature in pro-camera platforms. When it is activated, it is very useful as an audio peaking limiter."  Sour
2016-10-27
Use props
ari_za
lvl.2
  • >>>
South Africa

Anyone else?
2016-11-1
Use props
Vertical.Creati
lvl.3
United States

Focus peaking so we can actually see exactly where the focal plane is on the small screen.

The ability to set a speed control (or better curve) to the joy stick.
2016-11-1
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Vertical.Creati Posted at 2016-11-1 07:36
Focus peaking so we can actually see exactly where the focal plane is on the small screen.

The abil ...

Hi, in the advanced setting, you can change the joystick movement speed
2016-11-1
Use props
ari_za
lvl.2
  • >>>
South Africa

Edited the OP to add user suggestions. I will update the OP as more suggestions come in.

Any other suggestions?
2016-11-10
Use props
Els
lvl.1

Netherlands

Hi, I have an audio request:

The Osmo+ and iphone 7+ deliver perfect audio for Facebook live broadcasting through the lightning port with a Røde i-xlr and xlr audio gear like the Sennheiser ew100 g3 or handheld mic Electrovoice RE50N/D. Recordings on the Osmo+ itself however (non-live) are only possible with the audio input on the Osmo+, which is pretty bad.

So my question is: DJI can you make the lightning port work for audiorecordings on the Osmo+ as well? So skip the audio-in from the Osmo+?
Maybe you can make an "audio choice switch" in the software for choosing the audio source: native Osmo or lightning port.
2016-11-12
Use props
ari_za
lvl.2
  • >>>
South Africa

Added to the main list in the OP. Keep them coming!

Regarding focus peaking, I heard the Mavic just got Focus Peaking in the latest firmware update? Is this true and are there any plans for the OSMO+ to get focus peaking?
2016-11-13
Use props
Tender
lvl.2
Canada

I like my Osmo but I'm still learning about it, very time consuming to have to watch YouTube all night  due to the fact that DJI spends very little time putting together a more comprehensive owners manual.  They touch on most points, but a better description on the features and setting would be better than trial and error and thanks to other users, YouTube. Just things like exposing that the Osmo+ turns sideways when in "wear" mode.....and that's just one example.  I thought I broke it.
2016-11-13
Use props
fans703777d0
New

United States

I have to agree, I am about to ask for a refund. I can not get it to focus the moon and one of the reasons I bought this was for the time lapse. On the 15th the moon is full and closer to us for decades. Big moon. Active track please. Works great on my Mobile Ozmo. I was under the impression this was a real camera on this gimble. This needs to be fixed. I have a lot of DJI and love everything Phantom 2 3 and 4, Mavic, Oz Mobile. Please do not let us down.
2016-11-13
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Els Posted at 2016-11-12 17:37

The Osmo+ and iphone 7+ deliver perfect audio for Facebook live broad ...

That is a pretty good idea actually, and not difficult to implement. Only some minor changes on the DJI Go app is needed. I've recorded this one
2016-11-13
Use props
Els
lvl.1

Netherlands

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-11-14 07:23
That is a pretty good idea actually, and not difficult to implement. Only some minor changes on th ...

Splendid Thor, I hope to see the update soon
2016-11-14
Use props
yo420
New

Australia

Els Posted at 2016-11-12 20:07

The Osmo+ and iphone 7+ deliver perfect audio for Facebook live broad ...

Hi Els,

Are you saying that you are able to get clean, external mic audio while streaming to Facebook Live? I'm having a lot of trouble trying to do this.

Is your set-up:
- connect mic to iXLR
- connect iXLR to iPhone 7 using lightning cable
- connect iPhone 7 to Osmo+ wifi
- stream to Facebook Live using DJI Go app
..?

Are there specific settings needed, on either the iPhone or Osmo+?

Any help you can provide is much appreciated!

Thanks.

2016-11-16
Use props
ari_za
lvl.2
  • >>>
South Africa

So tap to lock focus at infinity is in the new firmware. But now there's a new OSMO coming out with the new X4S cameras etc..

So I don't have much hope for the future of OSMO+ now, and I just got it
2016-11-17
Use props
Els
lvl.1

Netherlands

yo420 Posted at 2016-11-16 10:11
Hi Els,

Are you saying that you are able to get clean, external mic audio while streaming to Face ...

Hi yo420,

Yes, precisely that. Works best with sennheiser lavalier set because you can manage the input before it hits the i-xlr. With handheld mic, the output depends on how close of far you hold the mic from the mouth. Depending on the loudness of the one who talks. You can control by headphone. For interviews it's not ideal, it needs practising, but it works.

I just saw on internet that there is a piece called irig-duo which should have a lightning adapter too. It seems to have gain control, so that should work a better. and it has two xlr audio inputs. Maybe someone else tried this? Anyone?

2016-11-20
Use props
Mabou2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

1) Active Track (Like the Osmo Mobile)
2) Timelapse Motion Panning (Like the Osmo Mobile)
3) Focus Peaking (like just about every other inexpensive video camera on the market)
4) Focus Lock (for the life of me, I still can't figure out if this camera locks focus after tapping the screen)
5) Separate focus and exposure reticles (Like Filmic Pro).
6) Different choices for compression settings (like filmic pro and most video cameras).
7) Saved Presets. "Recipes" so you can click a single button to recall your favorite settings (like filmic pro and many video/still cameras)
8) Digital Zoom Lockout... I don't want to accidentally venture into digital, just want to zoom to the end of the optical. (most video cameras have this option).
9) Maximum ISO setting in auto exposure.  I'd rather find out that there isn't enough light than shoot a sand portrait.  (again, available in most video and still cameras).

2016-11-20
Use props
ari_za
lvl.2
  • >>>
South Africa

Updated the OP with new suggestions
2016-11-21
Use props
fans41e96825
New

Israel

It would be great to have the ability to keep the exposure Lock on for more then one shot...also, the lock button on it is very small and difficult to find and press...maybe double tapping the exposure circle to lock it, or something...

2016-11-21
Use props
AnyKill
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15968 ft
Brazil

Focus peeking + Spherical panoramas + Stable long exposure and timelapses with zoom...

If you dont know what is focus peeking
2016-11-21
Use props
fans41e96825
New

Israel

fans41e96825 Posted at 2016-11-21 15:01
It would be great to have the ability to keep the exposure Lock on for more then one shot...also, th ...

another great option would be to have Maximum ISO feature-If we find 3200 too grainy, the ability to set the camera up on Auto exposure, but NOT to surpass a certain ISO (800) say. That would be great.
2016-11-21
Use props
wysiwyg
lvl.1

Malaysia

Proper continuous autofocus while recording video please. At least continuous autofocus for whatever is in center of frame.
2016-11-22
Use props
AnyKill
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15968 ft
Brazil

wysiwyg Posted at 2016-11-22 21:46
Proper continuous autofocus while recording video please. At least continuous autofocus for whatever ...

I vote that.
+1
2016-11-22
Use props
geoffz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has there been any feedback from your engineering team concerning an AGC functionality in the Osmo +?  Would be of great value when a filmmaker is in uneven audio surroundings....i.e. and unexpected audio levels can distort sound quality.
2016-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules