Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Incorrect number of spare propellers in the box?
2812 15 2016-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
John T.
New

Singapore

Hi people!

Saw some unboxing videos and noticed that there are only 2 pair of unattached propellers in the box.
For those who have received your Mavic Pro, is this correct?

So add the pair that comes attached with the Mavic Pro and you have 3 pairs of propellers (Which is 1.5 sets, 6 propellers)

Based on the DJI store image and the downloadable PDF, I always had the impression that we're getting 2 sets of propellers (4 pairs, 3 unattached).
Meaning that we should open the box and see 2 on the Mavic pro, and 3 sets unattached.

Look at the graphic and you'll know what I mean
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... +Pro+In+the+Box.pdf

2016-10-27
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
First Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Yes.  I know, it's weird that DJI considers spare props IN PAIRS on a QUADcopter.  So it's really $18 for a new COMPLETE set of props.  SURPRISE!!
2016-10-27
Use props
John T.
New

Singapore

Is @ken or other DJI staff able to confirm this? Whether the image of the drone that DJI posted is incorrect, or perhaps they shipped the wrong number of spare propellers?
2016-10-28
Use props
Mpampis
lvl.3
Flight distance : 276476 ft
Germany

I think they have some issues with the props that's why the have some productions  problems. But I think it should be 3 sets of props.
2016-10-28
Use props
3dflight
lvl.1

You get 3 "pairs" of props (note that "pairs" seems to refer to an individual propeller).  That means; [ 3 ] white, [ 3 ] black OR 6 individual propellers.  So 1 complete set (2 white, 2 black) and 1/2 of a full set of extras (1 spare white prop and 1 spare black prop)

Is this clearer?
2016-10-28
Use props
John T.
New

Singapore

3dflight Posted at 2016-10-28 23:04
You get 3 "pairs" of props (note that "pairs" seems to refer to an individual propeller).  That mean ...

What you said is clear and aligns with what the people who unboxed are receiving.

Just that if you see the "Whats in the box" chart from DJI.
The Aircraft x1 graphic has the default pair of propellers on it.

Then for propellers they state that there is x3 pair of propellers, so logically I would expect to receive total of 4 pairs of propellers, 1 set for Mavic Pro and 1 set spare.

(Which IMO makes sense to provide 1 set spare instead of 0.5 set? lol)
2016-10-28
Use props
3dflight
lvl.1

John T. Posted at 2016-10-28 23:09
What you said is clear and aligns with what the people who unboxed are receiving.

Just that if you ...

I agree and I was a little disappointed when I opened it up and found what they meant by "3 pairs" of props.  I ordered a few extra sets but of course who knows when I'll get em.  In the meantime I just have to make sure I don't crash.  So far so good...
2016-10-28
Use props
gtmavic
New

Singapore

3dflight Posted at 2016-10-28 23:12
I agree and I was a little disappointed when I opened it up and found what they meant by "3 pairs" ...

Hi,
I thought I was clear but the discussion above is confusing, please help to confirm.
As I have seen on some  unbox videos, and the dji diagram on whats in the box, the aircraft is already
fitted with 2 props (1pair).  So the 3 pairs provided; 1 pair will be deployed and 2pairs (1 full set) is spare..

Is this correct?
2016-10-28
Use props
3dflight
lvl.1

gtmavic Posted at 2016-10-28 23:52
Hi,
I thought I was clear but the discussion above is confusing, please help to confirm.
As I hav ...

This is really the only way I can explain it:

You get 3 "pairs" of props (note that "pairs" seems to refer to an individual propeller).  

That means; [ 3 ] white (individual props), [ 3 ] black (individual props) OR 6 TOTAL individual propellers.  

So 1 complete set (2 white, 2 black) and 1/2 of a full set of extras (1 spare white prop and 1 spare black prop)
2016-10-28
Use props
phatee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 36165 ft
United States

3dflight Posted at 2016-10-28 12:23
This is really the only way I can explain it:

You get 3 "pairs" of props (note that "pairs" seems ...

i believe pair still means two propellers.
2016-10-28
Use props
Revs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73514 ft
United Kingdom

A propeller is made up of two blades and a hub. A pair of props is exactly that, one CW spinning and one CCW spinning.

The standard kit has 3 pairs, so 6 props. Two on the machine, two that you need to fit and two spares.

The combo has and additional 2 spare pairs, so 4 props, in addition to the standard kit. So 5 pairs total, 10 props.
2016-10-28
Use props
phatee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 36165 ft
United States

Revs Posted at 2016-10-28 12:55
A propeller is made up of two blades and a hub. A pair of props is exactly that, one CW spinning and ...

Yeah...i'm not sure where all the confusion is coming from, i think the manual is pretty straightforward.
2016-10-28
Use props
Fulgerite
First Officer

United States

Look under the plastic in the box.
2016-10-28
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

John T. Posted at 2016-10-28 11:09

Just that if you ...

It says 3 pair but only 2 are shown
2016-10-28
Use props
ecarpo
lvl.4

China

Under the image of the aircraft it says "intelligent flight battery and gimbal included", it doesn't say anything about propellers included. So 3 pairs included, logically means 6 propellers.
It seems pretty stingy and stupid to do it this way though, why not just included 2 full sets, I'm sure they have done that previously. And I'd imagine a lot of accidents would require all 4 to be replaced.
I assume this means the combo includes 10 propellers total, at least there you get a full spare set and an extra two for minor damage.
2016-10-28
Use props
Fulgerite
First Officer

United States

Keep checking the box.  (Shake them.)  I bet you find two more props in the packaging .  There should be 6 total.
2016-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules