Free Live Class! Taking Flight: Drone Photography and Video
1084 8 2016-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Free Bird
lvl.3

Canada

Here is an online free course about drones and photography. I'm signed up.
Taking Flight: Drone Photography & Video   
Jeff Foster

FREE Broadcast         
                               October 29th  -  30th                                             

What do you guys think? Might learn something. Also take your mind off of this droning shipping problem. Then we can complain about the free Drone & Video course.

https://www.creativelive.com/cou ... tm_medium=affiliate

2016-10-27
Use props
Draxel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 402247 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Sweet! Thank you.
2016-10-27
Use props
andrew.naudi
lvl.2
Canada

Worth a check out. Signed up. Thx
2016-10-27
Use props
ms9901
lvl.1

United States

I signed up too. Looks interesting..
2016-10-27
Use props
Peel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10876 ft
United States

I signed up for the course as well, but it's not completely clear how it works (I've never used CreativeLive before). Sounds like it's a live web broadcast that's free, but you have to pay ($72) if you want to watch it after the fact, or at your own pace? Do we return to the same page we signed up on, on Saturday to watch? It also says it goes from 9am PDT Saturday until 9am Sunday. The list of 23 videos totals 9.5 hours.
2016-10-27
Use props
Free Bird
lvl.3

Canada

Peel Posted at 2016-10-27 13:16
I signed up for the course as well, but it's not completely clear how it works (I've never used Crea ...

They will send you an email with the timetable of events. I received my email this morning but I never opened it yet.
I looked and the timetable is on the first photo but it's not updated yet. But you can what the lecture on drone types right away by clicking on 23 classes on the photo.

2016-10-28
Use props
Peel
lvl.2
United States

Watching the free class now. It was filmed sometime in 2014, and they're using DJI's latest technology, the Phantom 2 Vision. It's an amazing testament to how fast this industry is changing.
2 hours into the class, and we're still talking about types of drones, and how to source equipment. Just now getting ready to take flight. Looks like the actual discussion of photography and video is going to be a small portion of this 2-day class.
2016-10-29
Use props
Free Bird
lvl.3

Canada

Peel Posted at 2016-10-29 11:10
Watching the free class now. It was filmed sometime in 2014, and they're using DJI's latest technolo ...

I watched for 4 hours and couldn't take it anymore. The technology they used with the microphones outside made it very irritating to listen too with the wind howling and the wind wasn't that bad. Also the live feed was in B/W and had a very weak signal. I thought when they said it was going to be live it would be live not a 2 - 3 year old broadcast.
Very disappointed with the way it was marketed and the overall quality of the show.
2016-10-29
Use props
Peel
lvl.2
United States

Free Bird Posted at 2016-10-29 15:31
I watched for 4 hours and couldn't take it anymore. The technology they used with the microphones  ...

Agree with all you've said. There were a few moments that were good, like Colin Guinn's segment where he talked about using foreground objects to create a reveal, and I especially liked his tip for doing a crane shot while pointing the camera straight down and rotating, that the best way to create a super slow and consistent rotation is to tweek the trim on the yaw, so that it's hands free.
I'm actually finding a lot more (and better) info than this "class" had by simply searching for drone cinematography on YouTube.
2016-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules