Gimbal not level
2621 6 2016-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ctonyperry
lvl.2

United States

I have really been enjoying my new Mavic, but it seems that the camera does not stay level. If I adjust the roll in flight it seems drift over time until it the roll is off-level again.

I did an IMU calibration as well as a gimbal calibration but it didn't seem to have any effect on the problem. What should I try next?
2016-10-27
Use props
crackedcore
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31539 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

This seems to be an issue with pretty much every camera gimbal on the market.

I've experienced it on all 4 of the gimbals I've owned thus far and have not been able to successfully remove it entirely.

I've recently been trying to level the horizon on my X5R so did something similar to this
It seems to have helped but i haven't fully tested it out properly yet.

I haven't got my mavic yet but i fully expect that it will require some balancing with some small additional weights, Especially when equipped with the newly announced PolarPro ND filter set.
That camera just seems too tiny and delicate to mess with or add any additional strain on though so who knows if it can be resolved in the same way..
2016-10-27
Use props
ctonyperry
lvl.2

United States

crackedcore@gma Posted at 2016-10-27 14:32
This seems to be an issue with pretty much every camera gimbal on the market.

I've experienced it o ...

Interesting. I spent a good couple hours getting our Ronin balanced, but for some reason it didn't occur to me that a gimbal with a fixed camera would even need this. I'll check my Mavic's gimbal today and see if it is out of balance on any of the axes.
2016-10-28
Use props
arc
lvl.2

Germany

ctonyperry@gmai Posted at 2016-10-28 09:46
Interesting. I spent a good couple hours getting our Ronin balanced, but for some reason it didn't occur to me that a gimbal with a fixed camera would even need this. I'll check my Mavic's gimbal today and see if it is out of balance on any of the axes.

Had a look on my mavic, but the mavic gimbal seems to be quite "springy" and it turns back when you try to set a certain position. I think the magnets in the gimbal motors cause this behaviour and it is so light.
2016-12-30
Use props
David Pumpkins
lvl.2

United States

My gimbal just goes all over the place sometimes when I turn it on it doesn't even work correctly... have to turn it off and turn it back on...but I never could get the gimbal to really be straight
2017-1-2
Use props
David Pumpkins
lvl.2

United States

This screenshot was taken after I already updated the mavic using the assistant 2 ...
IMG_7011.PNG
2017-1-2
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Mine starts to slowly rock if strafing sideways (like a profile shot).  Then it starts to slowly correct itself until it overcorrects.  RINSE/REPEAT.  On my 2nd Mavic and it is the EXACT same as the 1st.  Gimbal too small or not aggressive enough???

The P4P doesn't do this to me in P-mode & only a little in SPORT.  Mavic is always doing it in SPORT no matter the direction.
2017-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules