Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Frustration in Sweden.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skeppsvik
New

Sweden

(First published at my Facebook acount)
I'm offended of the Administrative Court / Supreme Administrative Court's decision that the camera-carrying drones equals surveillance camera in Sweden. They are not informed at all. The judgment is based on a law from 1977. In addition, I interpret the verdict as a pure violation of the EU's Article 10.
Will I stop flying with my 10,000 crowns drone? Answer: no.
Am i supposed to spy on others with my camera attached to the drone? Answer: no.
I think of people's privacy? Answer: yes.
Authorities have made me a lawbreaker. I will not stop flying with the camera attached. I have my right to express in words as in the picture. I do not violate the privacy of others and have never done, with my drone flyovers.
Remember that the new word "dronealism" (journalists flying and gives a picture of events from above) are also covered by this judgment. It's a violation of the free speech in Sweden in my opinion!
Call me an "overreacting" person. I have my right to fly and photograph / film just as much as those who put a "Go Pro"- camera on the car's window pane or those bicycles with a camera on the steering column. It is an unjust verdict.
I will become an offender against my will. It is appalling that law-abiding citizens constantly punished, because we are law-abiding.
It's terrible! It's a horror. And i am talking about Sweden....
Sorry all, this is how I feel and it's my frustration.
Can I apply for political asylum in the US? ;-)
Thanks for all drone photos,
Sorry for my (supposed bad) English grammar. Fly and be free! We can't do that in Sweden for the moment.

2016-10-27
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

The only hope I can offer is that the Swedish lawmakers will eventually realise that their laws are making them look silly in the eyes of other countries who have framed more sensible and workable laws.
2016-10-27
Use props
quanthonytrang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

So if a camera is in arms reach, then its not a surveillance camera? Gopro on a bike, dash cam in car, phone in your hand. Where as a drone can be a distance away from the operator and hence its classed as surveillance?? Is this how its seen in Sweden with the new drone law? So if you leave your gopro/DSLR unattended to do timelapse videos is this then illegal too?? What is the consequences in flying a drone? Is it a fine, imprisonment, confiscation?
2016-10-27
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

quanthonytrang Posted at 2016-10-28 10:06
So if a camera is in arms reach, then its not a surveillance camera? Gopro on a bike, dash cam in ca ...

It took a legal appeal to allow mounting a gopro on a bicycle.
It was originally ruled a surveillance camera and illegal without a permit.
As they have defined surveillance cameras, a remote trigger for your SLR on a tripod would probably also be illegal.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-67277-1-1.html
2016-10-27
Use props
endotherm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

So how does a CCTV camera for home security on the side of your house factor in to this debate?  I agree, they have no clue.
2016-10-27
Use props
hepnotic
lvl.1

United States

Funny, you guys legalized heroin, but banned quadcopter cameras. Interesting priorities.
2016-10-28
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

hepnotic Posted at 2016-10-28 11:57
Funny, you guys legalized heroin, but banned quadcopter cameras. Interesting priorities.

Interesting, from what source do you have that information?

To my knowledge it's also forbidden

fact check pls.
2016-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules