SERIOUS BUG!
3516 44 2016-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-28 08:37
I do think it's important that guys who have some experience, get involved, however once it has be ...

Just to be clear...  I have not posted any links of the joystick calibration issue since yesterday.  And when I did post a mention of it on other threads it was in response to a crash thread where I felt the information might be relevant to the thread.  I was not just randomly posting it.  Only when the issue demonstrated in the video may have had a direct relationship to the OP thread.

And the reason for posting more than once was to make DJI owners aware there might be an issue that can crash the Mavic and to make sure the engineers at DJI get to see it ASAP.  It's not about badmouthing DJI... It's about helping other owners and helping DJI get the issues fixed ASAP.
I am not a new DJI customer.  I have owned a Phantom 2 and a Pahntom 3.  I have been through these delayed shipments and software bugs before...  The more the issues get clearly reported the easier it is for DJI to correct the issues.  So keep posting videos.  Keep reporting any abnormal behavior.  It's all abut making the Mavic successful!
2016-10-28
Use props
Jenkins
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10814 ft
United Kingdom

I'm new to drones but not to forums. This thread is about a specific suspected bug. All other users can come here to show if they are suffering from the same thing. Makes sense to aggregate all of that here. The other thread is about a crash that someone was unfortunate enough to experience and has since become multiple pages of frankly scary what ifs.

In keeping with the specific topic of this thread; when my drone arrives one of the first things I will do is this control calibration. Is it a straightforward procedure, and how do I access the relevant menu?
2016-10-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Fulgerite Posted at 2016-10-28 16:46
Just to be clear...  I have not posted any links of the joystick calibration issue since yesterday. ...

First of all I think you input is exceptional and very helpful, and I do hope you continue, I'm sure I can learn a lot from your input, I do think however although your doing it to help and for the right reasons, a lot of new owners and people who haven't got there Mavics see this popping up on several threads, start to think it's a major insurmountable problem, but as you know from your experience these issues are common on new aircraft and can be sorted out very quickly in most cases.
I also think if you set up a tech thread as you have done, it doesn't take long for dji mods to find it.
I never said you were trying to bad mouth dji, I think this came from a post you posted to several threads yesterday, that doesn't concern me in any way.
Keep up the posting your knowledge that does help a lot , good luck
2016-10-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Jenkins Posted at 2016-10-28 17:00
I'm new to drones but not to forums. This thread is about a specific suspected bug. All other users  ...

You make a lot of sense, I think when stuff calms down that is the way it will work. It was same on P4 thread and P3 .
2016-10-28
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-28 09:27
You make a lot of sense, I think when stuff calms down that is the way it will work. It was same o ...

I agree 100%
2016-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules