DJI-Ken I've got a Geo fencing question..
1519 12 2016-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MattN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 104495 ft
United States

Hey DJI-Ken or ED Question about Geo fencing. I'm coming from the world of RC helicopters and planes and I've built some quad copters myself, but nothing that had automatic GPS Geo fencing built in. Anyways so in this picture of the DJI Unlock Geo authorization zones, what are the restrictions built into the Mavic, is it the restricted areas and enhanced warning zones, or is it just the restricted areas?

dji unlock.jpg
2016-10-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello MattN,the Geo system also apply to Mavic.
If you have any further query about NFZ,please feel free to contact flysafe@dji.com.
2016-10-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

If you have any further query about NFZ,please feel free to contact flysafe@dji.com.
2016-10-28
Use props
ditdot
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-28 05:14
If you have any further query about NFZ,please feel  ...

Mindy, I'm sorry, but that does not seem like an answer to the OP's question.  I'm wondering this same thing also and would like to get an answer through the forum instead of having to wait possibly up to days to have DJI to respond.

Thanks!
2016-10-28
Use props
MattN
lvl.2
United States

Is there anyone out there that can answer this simple question? And then I actually have another one..I know the Mavic Max altitude is 1650 feet. But what if I'm up in Yosemite and I'm starting at 13,000 feet is at 1650 feet from your take off point?
2016-10-28
Use props
Mooney
lvl.3

United States

MattN Posted at 2016-10-28 14:53
Is there anyone out there that can answer this simple question? And then I actually have another one ...

You'll be able to fly up to 400 feet above the ground level of your departure.  

If the drone starts from  the top of the mountain at 13,000, you'll be able to fly up to 13,400.
2016-10-28
Use props
Mooney
lvl.3

United States

Can't fly in yellow without unlocking, red prohibited.
2016-10-28
Use props
MattN
lvl.2
United States

Mooney Posted at 2016-10-28 14:59
Can't fly in yellow without unlocking, red prohibited.

Thank you buddy! Really appreciate the clarification..  
2016-10-28
Use props
ditdot
lvl.1

United States

Thanks Mooney
2016-10-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Thanks to the users who jumped in to give answers.
If you want myself or Ed to answer a specific question on a thread you started you can reply to Ed or myself in another thread and link to your thread. That's the only way we will be notified.

I'm sorry I didn't see this, with all the "Shipping" threads already here and also new ones popping up, this thread got pushed down some and I didn't see it.

I'm done for the night, so any questions I'll answer them in the morning.
2016-10-28
Use props
MattN
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-28 18:44
Thanks to the users who jumped in to give answers.
If you want myself or Ed to answer a specific que ...

worries Ken, thank you so much!!
2016-10-28
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41668330 ft
  • >>>
United States

Note that while Geo does allow self authorization in warning zones and some enhanced warning zones.  You are certifying that you have the authority to fly in those zones.  That is something that you should not take lightly.  It comes with legal ramifications.
2016-10-28
Use props
MattN
lvl.2
United States

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-10-28 20:12
Note that while Geo does allow self authorization in warning zones and some enhanced warning zones.  ...

Thanks For the extra clarification ED. It's just funny, I was asking because in one of those enhanced warning zones is actually a model flying airport over in the sepulveda basin where I have been flying since I was a kid. So I was a little confused because of the map.. But thats what I figured..

Thanks again
2016-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules