help, horizon not straight, image tilt
2238 12 2015-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
owen.email
lvl.3
Flight distance : 267316 ft
United Kingdom

This is a real problem, It's just an expsensive flying machine while the camera does not shot with a level horizon. Is this the machine or the gimbal?
Will this need to go back to DJI or is there a fix? Can everyone shed any light on this.

I want to get to know this machine fully, but argubaly the most inportant thing is not working. waited nearly three months for it, gutted.

Thanks in anticipation.
2015-2-4
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

You can adjust that in the app.
And you could display the grid , to give you an artificial horizon
2015-2-4
Use props
vaughan_mb.emai
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45768 ft
United States

Hi Owen,

I do not have the app open if front of me to guide you to the right spot, but there is a gimbal adjustment feature that allows you to correct the tilt and provide you an accurate horizon.  May just have to dig around in the app to find it!
2015-2-4
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

vaughan_mb.emai Posted at 2015-2-4 20:55
Hi Owen,

I do not have the app open if front of me to guide you to the right spot, but there is a g ...

I believe there is a video on youtube that describes what to do step by step.
2015-2-4
Use props
owen.email
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi Guys, thanks for your comments, but I don't believe this is the cause as the horizon can tilt both ways and sometimes jumps. waiting for feedback from DJI
2015-2-4
Use props
sarn.e
New

New Zealand

When calibrating the gimbal or turning on the inspire with gimbal attached it will do its calibration , Depending on the surface it will be on a tilt or not . Try to calibrate your gimbal and camera on a EVEN surface (flat as can be)
2015-2-8
Use props
justin.mah
lvl.2

Canada

Even on a flat surface, like using the floors in my house, which SHOULD be level, I still see the occasional horizontal tilt, which needs to be corrected by using the gimbal roll adjustment. Sometimes, I find, that after my adjustment, while flying in the air, the horizontal level seems somehow "fix" itself and then becomes overcompensated by my original roll adjustment in which I have to set back to zero after.
2015-4-19
Use props
Skippyo
lvl.3

Australia

Yawing the airframe tends to induce a lean in the gimbal. You will notice this especially if the Yawing is fast. This is not a fault of the DJI gimbal I've had it occur on other airframes also. You can use this to your advantage, if you notice a lean in your gimbal try Yawing 360 ( with the whole airframe) . If the lean is worse you yawed in the wrong direction. Also, as above, the speed with which you yaw affects the amount of lean.
2015-4-19
Use props
iotero
lvl.2

Spain

Same issue here...no fix to this?
2015-4-19
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

My gimbal is level as long as the bird is hovering ... As soon as I fly forward it starts tilting sideways ... and the tilt gets worse along with even higher forward movement of the bird ...
As soon as I come to a hover again it slowly starts adjusting to a perfect level of the horizon ...
2015-4-20
Use props
owen
lvl.3
United Kingdom

w1der Posted at 2015-4-21 03:08
My gimbal is level as long as the bird is hovering ... As soon as I fly forward it starts tilting si ...

Hi w1der. On mine the horizon was tilting around 20 degrees.I ended up having to send just the camera/gimbal back to my dealer, which took a few weeks for the new one to come back.  The new unit seems to be working ok now.

I would speak to support or your dealer..

Good luck
2015-4-20
Use props
mike
New

Canada

owen@digitalplu Posted at 2015-4-21 05:31
Hi w1der. On mine the horizon was tilting around 20 degrees.I ended up having to send just the cam ...

I agree, on the latest firmware the horizon is not staying level  in wind.  My phanton2 does a better job.  

I've just did an IMU calibration and I will test again, but many others are seeing the same thing.  This is not something that can be solved by a dealer.  
2015-4-28
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

IMU calibration fixed the problem for me.
2015-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules