Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
PLEASE DONT SUPPORT REPLIES
1484 11 2015-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gnixon2015
First Officer

United States

As some of you have noticed, when you click on 'support' under a single reply within a thread, the result is it moves that reply upwards in the thread sequence, sort of like the way upvoting works on reddit.

this is a great thing for reddit.  this is a crappy thing for a forum.  

the theory here, probably, is that if someone poses a question and someone 'supports' the answers, teh right answer would bubble to the top.  unfortunately a major side effect is that it becuase very hard to keep up with the discussions.

i read the board several hundred times a day (yes, i know, sigh) but for folks that come back after a long days work and have to sift through dozens of threads, they are missing some comments becasue the dont have time to reread the whole thread to see where new replies might be.

so unless you are clicking on an 'answer' to the OPs 'problem', please avoid supporting replies to make it easier for folks to participate efficiently.

as rod would say,
cheers
2015-2-4
Use props
SavannahQuad
lvl.3

United States

I support this!

Seriously though, nice to know.  I was wondering why posts were all out of order.
2015-2-4
Use props
birdfolk5555
lvl.4

United States

I'm very tempted to support Savannah's response...(merely to illustrate your point, of course.)

Oh, I forgot, his answer would've needed to be a bit further down the board---LOL
2015-2-4
Use props
kleake.rapfire
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1361040 ft
United States

Definitely good to know as I did this only once and had no idea it would do that.  Thank you!
2015-2-4
Use props
DJI-Autumn
First Officer

Hong Kong

Yes it would cause a trouble viewing the whole discussion.
I reported it to techs. Let's see what they think.
2015-2-4
Use props
Gerry1124
Captain

United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-2-5 14:57
Yes it would cause a trouble viewing the whole discussion.
I reported it to techs. Let's see what th ...

Simple fix, just take out the support and opposition buttons.
2015-2-4
Use props
DJI-Autumn
First Officer

Hong Kong

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-2-5 15:00
Simple fix, just take out the support and opposition buttons.

I never use these 2 buttons
Maybe someone like it, most forums in China have this support/opposition function. Chinese custom possible?
2015-2-4
Use props
Gerry1124
Captain

United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-2-5 15:08
I never use these 2 buttons
Maybe someone like it, most forums in China have this support/opposit ...

When someone clicks on support or opposition, it will push that post up the list and get all the posts out of sequence and make things confusing.
2015-2-4
Use props
DJI-Autumn
First Officer

Hong Kong

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-2-5 15:12
When someone clicks on support or opposition, it will push that post up the list and get all the p ...

Especially when reading a long post of discussion, very confusing.
2015-2-4
Use props
gnixon2015
First Officer

United States

glad to see you listening here.  yes i can see how some people find it useful in certain situations but there are more problems with this functionality than benefits (even for the chinese I would imagine they have the same difficult time following lengthy conversations with this issue no different than english or other languages).  i would love to see these buttons disabled for that reason.  thanks for your replies.
2015-2-5
Use props
stock12to32
lvl.4

United States

I have been hoping this would get changed soon as well.
2015-2-5
Use props
acenothing
Second Officer
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

I support this too...  
2015-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules