What images are you hoping to capture with your new Phantom
2185 18 2015-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
birdfolk5555
lvl.3

United States

I'm hoping to get some good footage of an Amish buggy going down my dirt road.  They just don't come by too often. But I'll get it! And I'll post it here!
ALSO think it would be cool to get an image of the giant falcon that swooped a few times around and above my Phantom last month.  And maybe a close-up of a big box-kite, although flying around a long string is probably really stupid... And the Great Blue Heron... I swear I thought I had captured a good image of a great blue heron flying 100 ft below the Phantom---but I couldn't find it on the video.

What are you hoping to capture?
2015-2-4
Use props
BWJ
Second Officer

Denmark

Maybe a fusiondriven spacecraft behind clouds, or the man I the moon, if I get better antennas
2015-2-4
Use props
SavannahQuad
lvl.2

United States

I live in Savannah, GA and we have a TON of history and historical buildings and parks that I would like to film.  I am also trying to catch the Canadian Geese flying into and out of our lake.  
2015-2-4
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

I'm trying to film the "Back to the Future" Delorean.
2015-2-4
Use props
markus2015
lvl.4

Germany

I wanted to follow a flock of birds (without harming them), well that is easier sayd as done. I ended up "faking" the video by using a chroma key clip over my footage - worked really great and no harm was done

chromakey.jpg
2015-2-4
Use props
Friffy1
lvl.2

United States

Careful, here in Pennsylvania the laws of motorized vehicles coming anywhere NEAR a horse-drawn Amish buggy are absurd IMHO.  I don't think anybody actually obeys most of those laws though.  This is for cars, but I bet somebody'd find a way to apply it to flying cameras...  This law IS still on the books!  "Any motorist driving along a country road at night must stop every mile and send up a rocket signal, wait 10 minutes for the road to be cleared of livestock, and continue."

Not to mention you're not allowed to photograph Amish PEOPLE.  It's against the Amish culture.

So just be careful is all.  You don't want to offend somebody's heritage and you certainly don't want to break the law.
2015-2-4
Use props
birdfolk5555
lvl.3

United States

Friffy1 Posted at 2015-2-5 06:00
Careful, here in Pennsylvania the laws of motorized vehicles coming anywhere NEAR a horse-drawn Amis ...

Well, here in Michigan, I believe the law is more relaxed: If you photograph an Amish person from an unflattering angle you have to give him a goat.
2015-2-4
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I started down this path so I could get my son to capture video of my car on the race track.

I can then edit it all up with the 3 GoPros I have in / on the car and the Harry's Laptimer video data displays.

But I have rediscovered my love of R/C flying. So its an interesting thread to discover some "alternates".

But I don't want to have to pay people in goats.

Cheers

2015-2-5
Use props
SAFrankSU
lvl.3
United States

I'm praying I can open my Phantom up in Stadium Santiago Bernabeu or Plaza de Torros in Madrid, Spain. I think those shots would be great.
2015-2-8
Use props
Chico1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 528 ft
United States

Winter Sunsets
2015-2-17
Use props
tonycorsoimages
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Fireworks on July 4 :-)
2015-2-17
Use props
Moto70
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I'm hoping to film anything that ends with a safe landing!
2015-2-17
Use props
teedo757
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1870 ft
United States

birdfolk5555 Posted at 2015-2-5 06:16
Well, here in Michigan, I believe the law is more relaxed: If you photograph an Amish person from  ...

Also in Michigan, If you want to find some Amish just head over to the outskirts of Big Rapids. Used to take the back roads to Ferris and see the kids walking the goats down the road all the time.
2015-2-17
Use props
mark_turner6920
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1129 ft
United Kingdom

Am hoping to get pics and videos of the full agricultural year then combine into a yearly short video, and hopefully see how things change over time.
2015-2-17
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

I am hoping to shoot video of trains that doesn't look like it was shot with an iPhone.
2015-4-21
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

I'd like to get a few of the Eagles that reside at the lake. Just flying by as they often do. Not chasing them down, just a few frames. Short of that, "anything" else that "I" might like and others may find interesting.

Jerry
2015-4-21
Use props
CapitAn
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Great question! l'm an immigrant here from England. l've lived in and around this city for over 35 years and l still find its beauty breath-taking. l'm hoping to get images of some of our gorgeous green spaces inside the city. l've asked security about capturing images of our parliament buildings and grounds. Some of our waterfront parks are spectacular. And we have a hot-air balloon festival every year that l'd love to get aerials of.
2015-4-21
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Many of use live in beautiful places but rarely get the overview from our own house or streets. We have a small mountain (hill) which our street is named over - that looms to the north. Yet you can never see it from our little cul-de-sac.

Also, we spend a lot of time in coastal Rhode Island. This is a special place where many people will never visit - so sharing the pics allows others to see the scenery. Having been raised where a beach is flat and the whole area sandy, I find hills and rocks and greenery leading directly to the sea especially unique....more like the UK, etc.
ricoastal.jpg
2015-4-21
Use props
flydronefly
lvl.3

United States

My neighbor sunbathing herself
2015-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules