Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ready to fly, all I need is my Mavic!
1201 10 2016-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dana5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

Like most people here, I ordered at the beginning of October, but will be waiting until the end of November, or as late as the middle of December, before my Mavic actually arrives. Yes, yes, yes... I know that many sites say they will deliver by Nov 2, or Nov 15, or whatever... I will believe that when I see it. If they actually come through, I am sure mine will arrive sooner as well, but I am not planning my life around it. The Mavic is NOT the #1 priority in my life, but, I will be very excited when it does finally arrive.

Having all this time to think about it, and having had a P4 for a while, I have been thinking about what things I want, or need, to go with the Mavic. In the end, I feel like I only need a way to carry it, and streamline the process of getting it ready to fly. Also, because the Mavic sits low and had trouble in tall grass, and I don't like taking off and landing on hard surfaces, having the option of a takeoff/landing pad would also be nice. Plus, the Mavic's precision landing feature is based on comparison of the landing ground to photos it takes during takeoff, accuracy depends on the ground having distinctive features.

Here's what I have ready... I got a water bottle carrier from Amazon, which will fit the Mavic with room to spare in the main compartment, with a spare battery in the bottom, and the controller in the side pocket. It's small and portable for bike rides, or hiking. Next is an NFC sticker I programmed to tell my phone to max the brightness, turn off rotation, turn up the sound, mute text and phone call alerts, and start DJI Go. This is perfect for Android users, and the sticker will go on the bottom of my controller. Last is my landing pad, which is a $3 carpet tile from Menards, and marked with some old spraypaint for high contrast markings the Mavic can utilize for precision landing. I also want to get a 10" bungee ball cord, to wrap around the mid-section of the folded drone, to hold the props in place, so they don't catch while getting the drone in and out of the carrier.

Here is a picture of the mat I painted 2x2 mat, the carrier, and the NFC sticker. If anyone else has any accessory ideas for the Mavic, I am very interested to hear abou tthem, just for fun.

20161028_095015.jpg
2016-10-28
Use props
Fulgerite
First Officer

United States

My only suggestion is that the pattern you painted on the mat is symmetrical.  It will be impossible for the camera to tell which way is which.  I might suggest different shapes at each corner.  Or different colors.  
2016-10-28
Use props
dana5
lvl.4
United States

Fulgerite Posted at 2016-10-28 10:14
My only suggestion is that the pattern you painted on the mat is symmetrical.  It will be impossible ...

I thought of that... My goal is for the Mavic to hit the pad... I don't care which direction it's facing. My original design had a big, double chevron, but I did not like the look. I might put some sort of marking on one side, but I don't think it will be necessary.
2016-10-28
Use props
Fulgerite
First Officer

United States

dana5 Posted at 2016-10-28 08:20
I thought of that... My goal is for the Mavic to hit the pad... I don't care which direction it's  ...

Good luck!  Let us know how it works for you.  
2016-10-28
Use props
phatee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 36165 ft
United States

Funny, i bought a similar carrying case to use for the mavic.  I also bought this headphone pouch/bag to add some extra layer of protection.  i think this would be better/easier to work with than wrapping a cord around the mavic each time.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 4_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2016-10-28
Use props
jvanderhoff
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14045 ft
United States

Pretty awesome. Could you send out a link to the carrier and NFC sticker?
2016-10-28
Use props
70challenger
lvl.4
Canada

The paint job and carpet is nice but looks big to carry around, what are the dimensions and can you roll it up?
2016-10-28
Use props
dana5
lvl.4
United States

70challenger Posted at 2016-10-28 11:30
The paint job and carpet is nice but looks big to carry around, what are the dimensions and can you  ...

it's 2x2 feet, and not very heavy, and yes, it can roll up. I would just ride around in the trunk in case I need it. I would not carry it up a mountain, but perfect for launching from my back yard, or a park.
2016-10-28
Use props
dana5
lvl.4
United States

jvanderhoff Posted at 2016-10-28 10:56
Pretty awesome. Could you send out a link to the carrier and NFC sticker?

Here are the links, as you requested...
I got the stickers a long time ago, as I use them for a lot of things: Amazon Link
This is the bottle holder, which has perfect dimensions for holding the Mavic, controller, and a spare battery: Amazon Link
It appears the black one is not sold out, and the price went up $5, since I got mine.
2016-10-28
Use props
70challenger
lvl.4
Canada

dana5 Posted at 2016-10-29 00:42
Here are the links, as you requested...
I got the stickers a long time ago, as I use them for a lot ...

I like the NFC idea and did a search on ebay http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_ ... TAG213&_sacat=0
2016-10-28
Use props
dana5
lvl.4
United States

70challenger Posted at 2016-10-28 12:10
I like the NFC idea and did a search on ebay http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p205 ...

I should mention that I use Trigger (free android app) for the task programming. Also, not all tags are compatible. The one's I sent the link for seem to work for everything.

If anyone is curious how well the case will work, I happened to see this video today, where a guy is using the exact same case. What are the odds? See it .
2016-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules